~ The Meaning of Life ~

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Obvious Leo wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: I read what you wrote, in full.

Guess what - you don't get it.
HaHa. I read it too and thought the same thing and that this bloke doesn't get Bowie at all. I didn't bother commenting directly because I reckon to get Bowie you sort of had to be there as part of the broader cultural zeitgeist. Very few Americans would have had a hope of understanding the early Bowie in his correct context although he later deliberately incorporated many of the American musical styles into his own work.
The thing about the US, is that just about any truth you can say about the social milieu is wrong, somewhere else in the US. It's big divisive and heterogenous as a whole, and dangerously homogenous locally.

Americans, outside New York, and the West coast, don't get Bowie.
Most of the USA is 45 years behind the social development of the rest of the Western world, last year they were 44 years behind, and next year they will be 46 years behind.
Do we image the Bill, and his friend Trump get it? I doubt it.
In the US many of the progress made by Harvey Milk with gay rights across the US, has gone into reverse in the last couple of decades. The religious are a growing force, and whilst atheism is on the increase the consequence is not progressive but polarising.
The US is pretty damn stretched.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Uh huh.

:lol:
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:Uh huh.

:lol:
Where do you live Manitwooc?
Walker

Post by Walker »

A bright guy like you? Come on man. Get on it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdyvPg0c6bI
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:A bright guy like you? Come on man. Get on it!

Try this for size.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMReuHXkEpI
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Thank you. Seriously, thank you. I think I have well earned the right to be the de facto leader of The PhilosophyNow Forums.
:lol: Still as delusional as the day you got here.
No one has added more valuable content to this forum over the past few years - certainly 2015 included.
No-one has added more drivel I'll give you that.
I changed the scope of the forum. Over the years I introduced short posts, images & GIFs, the use of font size as a common tool, and focused threads upon current topics & personal value of opinions.
Have you noticed that pretty much no-one apart from another couple of loons have taken-up this 'tool'?

You talk bollocks as usual, this forum is pretty much the same as it was before you arrived in topic content, thread size and personal opinion and will be much of a much when you depart.

...this forum used to be extremely stuffy.
Doing nothing but talking about old dead philosophies; old dead philosophers.
No it wasn't, its pretty much always as it was because the interweeb just churns out the same old same old but here and there it did have some interesting people who did talk some philosophy but thanks to such as you they move on. Although there are a few interesting replacements here at present who have obviously at least read some philosophy and a couple who have obviously studied it and because of this I have hope that this forum will never turn into a bad version of Tumblr which is what you apparently wish and is where you should be posting.
I added honesty. I made each post into a work of art and exciting content.
But I thought you said everything you say is a lie?

Your posts are an eyesore to those who like Philosophy and have zero aesthetic appeal, it's all in your deluded brain as you hear what you imagine is being read.

I told you long-ago, you really need to line-up all your gifs over the years and take a good hard look at them. They do not represent a pretty psyche.
You're welcome.
No-ones thanked you. In fact over the years many have pleaded with you to stop but you've blithely ignored them.

I thank all of you for your praise
and I enjoy seeing all of you post, as honest as you can, on the world's greatest philosophy forum that has ever existed to this point - The PhilosophyNow Forums.[/size]
:roll:
Last edited by Arising_uk on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Walker wrote:A bright guy like you? Come on man. Get on it!

Try this for size.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMReuHXkEpI
Not bad Hobbesy. Not bad. But out of synch with that marvelous gif Bill found, unlike Muddy or Freddie.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I've been patient with you. Months ago I suggested that you begin again to post original content on your own original threads.

Granted, it takes guts to start a thread and then to continue to maintain it - but I want you to try. I STILL want you to try!

Use some or all of the tools that I have shown to you and that I have shared with all other active members here.

Yes, you will occasionally have egg on your face...but to be frank, that happens, quite often to you now.

Thank you for adding to my thread
& I look forward for you to begin to heed my advice.

You will be better for it...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

I've been patient with you. Months ago I suggested that you begin again to post original content on your own original threads.
And I told you then, when I have something of philosophical worth to post I will. Unlike you I don't think philosophy is psychology and don't treat this forum as a self-analysis tool, not that you do any analysis, it's just all emoting from you about whatever pops-into your head whilst you trawl the weeb for things to amuse yourself with.
Granted, it takes guts to start a thread and then to continue to maintain it - but I want you to try. I STILL want you to try!
I give two tosses about your wants or needs. You do not maintain your threads, you post some guff, others point out where you are wrong, you ignore them and either leave or just repost the guff, the thread then moves on for a while amongst those who disagreed with you, sometimes being interesting often just a flame-war. Now granted if you hadn't of posted your guff this might not have happened but like I told you before I would much prefer this forum to be philosophical and that would mean it being pretty quiet with posts being fairly far and few between, bliss, but when they are posted they are thoughtful and considered and an actual conversation can arise between the poster and postees. At present it's mainly just an endless cacophony of emotive guff from such as you and it's painful to hear.
Use some or all of the tools that I have shown to you and that I have shared with all other active members here.
Why? A picture is not worth a thousand words in Philosophy nor do big fonts and lots of whitespace add one jot of import to the words expressing the thought.
Yes, you will occasionally have egg on your face...but to be frank, that happens, quite often to you now.
Once more, I have no problem with egg-on-my face as unlike you I can admit when I'm wrong, its called Philosophy, and I'm not here for some imaginary hit-ranking kudos.

Thank you for adding to my thread
& I look forward for you to begin to heed my advice.
You will be better for it...[/size]
Well I'll be! You're right I feel better.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Okay! That's a start. You used an image.

It's an image that I think you have used before & it's kind-of offensive. Still in-all, you tried. Congratulations!

Didn't have time to read your post.

Keep-up the good work!

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bowie animation.

Still plagiarizing I see.

You could at least have credited the artist, Helen Green.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Okay! That's a start. You used an image.
Well I could have used two more apposite words but this seemed to express my feeling quite well.
It's an image that I think you have used before & it's kind-of offensive. Still in-all, you tried. Congratulations!
Please!! Compared to the long line of your sodomistic, misogynistic, violent, voyeuristic, etc, etc, piccy's it's positively quaint.
Didn't have time to read your post.
No bother Bill as I know reading comprehension is difficult for you.
Keep-up the good work![/size].
KMA.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I will say this ONE MORE TIME...

Look - NONE of the GIFs, animations, pictures, or images are mine. NONE.

NONE of the words that I have EVER used within the confines of this forum are mine.
It's simple.

These thoughts aren't mine & I have not created the English language. There!

You have. My full confession.

...I know you don't like to wade-into the sometimes murky waters of philosophy but philosophically I CHALLENGE YOU AND ALL OTHER ACTIVE MEMBERS to turn what I just said into yourselves.

We are not who we think we are. We are not separate.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

I will say this ONE MORE TIME...

Look - NONE of the GIFs, animations, pictures, or images are mine. NONE. ...
Then unless they are free from copyright you should acknowledge them.

NONE of the words that I have EVER used within the confines of this forum are mine.
It's simple.
Including these? :roll:
These thoughts aren't mine & I have not created the English language. There!
And here is your problem as you confuse thinking and thoughting and do not understand how language works with respect to thoughting, thinking and communication.
You have. My full confession.
Save it for your priest, whom you really should visit soon.
...I know you don't like to wade-into the sometimes murky waters of philosophy but philosophically I CHALLENGE YOU AND ALL OTHER ACTIVE MEMBERS to turn what I just said into yourselves.
You have no clue what the waters of Philosophy are as you confuse them with Psychology and Politics.
We are not who we think we are. We are not separate.[/size]
Who do you think we think we are?

Unfortunately for you your drug-based hallucination is not the truth you think it was. We are separate, hence we use language to communicate.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Oh come now, you can do better than that. This latest attempt is far too generic. Dig deep and let her rip! ;)
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

You are unworthy.
Plonk is the sound of me no longer bothering to read the shit you write.
So you believe yourself king? Actually I believe I knew it all along. Wasn't that our very first interaction. You believing you were special, putting down the lessor, and I told you that it's you that makes them lessor when you first consider it. If not you can see how important I believe your contribution is, because I can't even remember our first encounter. Though I do remember that you've always shown me that you're an inconsiderate asshole. But then I've recently given you an out, because of the shit you've had to face. Thank me son! ;) :lol:
You are talking about yourself.
You've never shown yourself to be interested in anyone else.
Not true at all. I've never cared for 'you' because I didn't know where your hate for those you see as below you, came from. But now that I know more of your life's story, i.e., your brother and your cancer fight, I understand where some of your 'pain' has come from, which doesn't change the fact that it's outlet is misdirected. You seem to be the type that holds 'everyone,' (save those that support you, thus those that you like), accountable for your misfortune. I can see you blaming 'big tobacco' for the additives that some include in their formulation to promote addiction, etc, but people with less education, had nothing to do with your ills, what-so-ever!