~ The Meaning of Life ~

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: ~ The Meaning of Life ~

Post by Dalek Prime »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Yeah. There is this site I would like you to see...it's called Google. Start there. If you want an image type: image.

If you are looking for a GIF, type: GIF.

That should get you started.

Looking forward to a fellow member who understands the value of images!

And far too much white space, and needlessly large fonts?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Arising_uk wrote:You really should attribute your cut-pastes else someone might get the impression you know something.
:lol: :lol:
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dalek Prime wrote:

Yeah. There is this site I would like you to see...it's called Google. Start there. If you want an image type: image.

If you are looking for a GIF, type: GIF.

That should get you started.

Looking forward to a fellow member who understands the value of images!

And far too much white space, and needlessly large fonts?
The largeness represents how thick he is and the spaces represent the holes where what remains of his brain ought to be.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

To my young mentees here at this forum & certainly within this thread:

When searching for The Meaning of Life, focus in on the meaning of life.

Magnify it.

Don't be distracted by the empty space...

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Magnify it.

Why? It hasn't worked for you, and I am interested in the empty space between your ears.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

THoR wrote:Before something can change, before something can act or be acted upon, it must exist.

It's a rather simple axiom, intrinsically self-evident since any who might dissent must confess they believe in things that don't exist (they now have medications for that). At first you might consider the premise to be rather obvious and inconsequential, but its deeper significance categorically refutes both the ancient mythology of Genesis and the contemporary mathology of those cosmologists who tout Big Bang as the absolute beginning of all space and time.

Existence is not a condition or a state of being, it is the phenomenon of being, itself. Something must exist in order to have a state of being and if being is necessary in order for change to occur, then cause and effect is derived from and thus subordinate to the more fundamental phenomenon of existence. No phenomenon can be the product of its own subordinate derivative, so simple logic defines existence as the source of cause and effect, not the result of it.

Life is basically the result of animated particles acting and reacting to their environment. Life is a transient state of being, followed, by another condition called Death. Your existence didn't begin with your birth, nor will it cease upon your demise. Existence is eternal, states of being are temporary.

Actually, the concept of "Life After Death" is a no-brainer. You were certainly dead nine months before you were born; you are (presumably) alive now, so the matter really isn't debatable. But a number of rather profound and interesting questions do arise from the premise, and having been dead as currently as 1948, I feel my recent experience as a decedent makes my conjecture just as valid as that of any who care to abuse the subject.
Conjecture indeed!
SpheresOfBalance

Magnify it.

http://i.imgur.com/ih1q8gM.gif

I love this gif Bill, thanks!

SpheresOfBalance

I'm glad to see that Bill gets under all you all's skin as much as he does, it's very telling of your immaturity!
osgart

Post by osgart »

the meaning of life is too scratch your back when it itches and simply enjoy the relief.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

[/size]

This is a good example of universal human language. We all know exactly what he's feeling with that look.
SpheresOfBalance

The meaning of life is for each to decide for themselves, though I believe we each should be thankful for it, and pay homage to it, as without it, there would be nothing to ask about it. We have been given a gift to sense that which has given us life. I say, that one should sense every infinitesimal bit, recognizing the beauty of it, as it is indeed awe inspiring, the only thing we'll probably ever really have, if only for a moment.

Cherish that moment!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
~ Woody Allen ~

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
~ Woody Allen ~

Copy, but not right, because oneness has no copyright. Oneness cannot repeat itself for one very good reason.

Emptiness and Suffering

'' In the classic Buddhist presentation of the emptiness teachings, the suffering of beings is based on reification, that is, on taking things as existing in an exaggerated, inherent, objective, independent way. Taking things in this way makes us cling to the things we want, and be averse to the things we don’t want. It’s almost as if we attribute the desirability or uselessness as an actual property inherent to the things themselves. We feel that something is really there. Or really not there.

But things aren’t like that. So it’s inevitable that we suffer, since things we feel really should exist seem to fade away after a while (like our lives or other things we like). Or things we really feel should not exist seem to appear on the scene (like pain, affliction, poverty, disease, death and being criticized on the internet!).

The clinging, grasping and aversion are very deep-seated. According to the Buddhist teachings, they are based not understanding how things are. It’s like we think that the things we like are really, truly there. Things we don’t like are really truly not there. We are then repeatedly surprised by the flux of experience. ''
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Duly noted. I personally feel more along the same lines as you...In addition, I am certain that for us life is really never over.

I used the quote by Woody Allen as more of a oxymoron comical relief.

I appreciate your perspective and participation.