MA'AT PHI PSYCHE

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

WanderingLands

MA'AT PHI PSYCHE

Post by WanderingLands »

It's been recently today that I've been wanting to get back into dropping some Metaphysical knowledge, and now I feel rebirthed to do so.

Metaphysics = MA'AT PHI PSYCHE

MA'AT is the Egyptian goddess of Justice and Balance. Because it is Because, it is specifically to be the Balances of the Life Force.
PHI is in reference to the Golden Section, which is prevalent i all forms of Life. Thus, it is Creation.
PSYCHE is the Mind of Humanity.

Metaphysics is the Perennial (First) Philosophy.

Philosophy = p.HI(gh) LO(w) SOPHY (Wisdom)

Philosophy is the wisdom of all things HIGH (heavenly) and LOW (earthly).

SPELL (Grammar) = SPELL (Magic)
WRITE (Literature) = RITE (Initiation)/RITUAL
WORD = WORD IS THE LOGOS, IT WAS WITH GOD AND WAS GOD (Pantheism)

More is comming soon.
Ginkgo

Re: MA'AT PHI PSYCHE

Post by Ginkgo »

WanderingLands wrote:It's been recently today that I've been wanting to get back into dropping some Metaphysical knowledge, and now I feel rebirthed to do so.

Metaphysics = MA'AT PHI PSYCHE

MA'AT is the Egyptian goddess of Justice and Balance. Because it is Because, it is specifically to be the Balances of the Life Force.
PHI is in reference to the Golden Section, which is prevalent i all forms of Life. Thus, it is Creation.
PSYCHE is the Mind of Humanity.

Metaphysics is the Perennial (First) Philosophy.

Philosophy = p.HI(gh) LO(w) SOPHY (Wisdom)

Philosophy is the wisdom of all things HIGH (heavenly) and LOW (earthly).

SPELL (Grammar) = SPELL (Magic)
WRITE (Literature) = RITE (Initiation)/RITUAL
WORD = WORD IS THE LOGOS, IT WAS WITH GOD AND WAS GOD (Pantheism)

More is comming soon.

Metaphysics means basically,'that which comes after physics'. It is sometimes associated with some mythical and visionary systems.
Today, it is used in a far broader capacity then was ever intended by philosophy.

The word is largely attributed to Aristotle. Aristotle wanted to do a complete assessment of his, "Physics" so he wrote a compendium to works and called it 'metaphysics'. 'Meta' meaning after. In other words, it is what he did after he had finished with the physical explanation.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Andronicus of Rhodes is sometimes credited with compiling all the extant works of Aristotle and referring to the ones he placed after The Physics as 'after physics'. Aristotle himself talked about first philosophy, the sort that the pre-Socratics, particularly Milesians did; essentially ontology, what is the world made of? As I keep pointing out, that is beyond physics, because physics only deals with the phenomena. An electron for instance is its charge, mass and spin. I gather there is good evidence for its size too, but the question of what they are actually made of provokes ums and ahs from physicists. Fortunately, I am no such thing and I can tell you without fear of contradiction that they are made of the same stuff that the Big Bang was, which is why they make such a mess when you unravel them.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

uwot wrote:Andronicus of Rhodes is sometimes credited with compiling all the extant works of Aristotle and referring to the ones he placed after The Physics as 'after physics'. Aristotle himself talked about first philosophy, the sort that the pre-Socratics, particularly Milesians did; essentially ontology, what is the world made of? As I keep pointing out, that is beyond physics, because physics only deals with the phenomena. An electron for instance is its charge, mass and spin. I gather there is good evidence for its size too, but the question of what they are actually made of provokes ums and ahs from physicists. Fortunately, I am no such thing and I can tell you without fear of contradiction that they are made of the same stuff that the Big Bang was, which is why they make such a mess when you unravel them.
Yes, and just about everyone who came after Aristotle was doing ontology. What was considered "physics" in antiquity is not what modern science understands by the term.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Ginkgo wrote:
Metaphysics means basically,'that which comes after physics'. It is sometimes associated with some mythical and visionary systems.
Today, it is used in a far broader capacity then was ever intended by philosophy.

The word is largely attributed to Aristotle. Aristotle wanted to do a complete assessment of his, "Physics" so he wrote a compendium to works and called it 'metaphysics'. 'Meta' meaning after. In other words, it is what he did after he had finished with the physical explanation.
I already know about the concrete definition and etymology of Metaphysics. I'm just decoding the English language.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Ginkgo wrote:
uwot wrote:Andronicus of Rhodes is sometimes credited with compiling all the extant works of Aristotle and referring to the ones he placed after The Physics as 'after physics'. Aristotle himself talked about first philosophy, the sort that the pre-Socratics, particularly Milesians did; essentially ontology, what is the world made of? As I keep pointing out, that is beyond physics, because physics only deals with the phenomena. An electron for instance is its charge, mass and spin. I gather there is good evidence for its size too, but the question of what they are actually made of provokes ums and ahs from physicists. Fortunately, I am no such thing and I can tell you without fear of contradiction that they are made of the same stuff that the Big Bang was, which is why they make such a mess when you unravel them.
Yes, and just about everyone who came after Aristotle was doing ontology. What was considered "physics" in antiquity is not what modern science understands by the term.
Well, everyone who was called a philosopher. Euclid, Archimedes, Aristarchus, Erastothenes, Hipparchus, Ptolemy and so on are described as mathematicians and scientists; most people would accept that what they were doing is much closer to the modern meaning of physics. The ontology was pretty much in the bag, as was the mechanics, both being influenced heavily by Aristotle for the following two millenia. After Aristotle, (or Socrates) philosophy went into lifestyle, particularly Stoicism and Epicureanism, which the Romans took to and both of which were atomistic. It wasn't until the Romans started taking the old testament seriously and thought that a mash up of that and their two favourite Greek philosophies would be a good idea that philosophers started talking pure nonsens and babble again. Aristotle was wrong, of course, the old testament is 'not even wrong'. (Guaranteed to be misinterpreted by the hard of thinking. Oh well.) Galileo, of course got into trouble for pointing it out, but the book that caused the hassle was a dialogue in the Platonic fashion. His work built on the brilliant mathematical description of Kepler, which was in part inspired by the Pythagoreanesque belief that the orbits of the known planets could be fitted into Platonic solids, which with surprising accuracy they can. People still think that the fact that the universe can be described by mathematics means that mathematics somehow governs the world. Maybe it does, but it isn't clear how the two things interact.
Anyway, back to work.
uwot

Post by uwot »

WanderingLands wrote:I already know about the concrete definition and etymology of Metaphysics. I'm just decoding the English language.
Does it work as well in other languages? Why should we take English decoding more seriously than others?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

WanderingLands wrote:...
More is comming soon.
Please! Spare us!
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Arising_uk wrote:Please! Spare us!
More of the same reaction that I see from Sir Arising from the UK.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

uwot wrote:Does it work as well in other languages? Why should we take English decoding more seriously than others?
I believe that we should work to do decoding of all languages, which is why there's etymology and linguistics, as well as Gematria and many other things. They're all interconnected to each other (all the languages), and you will see that as this thread evolves out.

What I'm looking forward to in the future is to learn some Hebrew (Kabbalistic) gematria. I just want things to flow, though, so I'm just exploring in to the English language for now.
uwot

Post by uwot »

WanderingLands wrote:I believe that we should work to do decoding of all languages
What I don't understand is if languages need decoding, who coded them? What sort of thing will decoding tell us about the world that we can't find out by looking at it?
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

uwot wrote:
WanderingLands wrote:I believe that we should work to do decoding of all languages
What I don't understand is if languages need decoding, who coded them? What sort of thing will decoding tell us about the world that we can't find out by looking at it?

I guess that depends on the time period. For example, the medieval interpretation versus the modern
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

uwot wrote: What I don't understand is if languages need decoding, who coded them? What sort of thing will decoding tell us about the world that we can't find out by looking at it?
Looking into the Esoteric stuff, such as Gematria, this origin of language may in with the Occultists, or hidden sages of the world. I don't know. I guess the history of things isn't all that simple as we thought it was.
uwot

Post by uwot »

This is all new to me. What has research discovered so far?
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

uwot wrote:This is all new to me. What has research discovered so far?
Depends on who you ask. What ordinary language theorists such as Wittgenstein have to say is quite interesting.