Death

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: Death

Post by Belinda »

Greta, the healer did not accept payment . I had no foreknowledge of what she would be doing. I kept my eyes shut so that I could not see what she was doing whilst I made sure I was not imagining what I felt, then I opened my eyes and saw what she was doing with her hands which were not in contact with my body. I think you know that I'm generally sceptical.

I know that my experience isn't evidence for the existence of what might possibly be called an aura.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Belinda wrote:Greta, the healer did not accept payment . I had no foreknowledge of what she would be doing. I kept my eyes shut so that I could not see what she was doing whilst I made sure I was not imagining what I felt, then I opened my eyes and saw what she was doing with her hands which were not in contact with my body. I think you know that I'm generally sceptical.

I know that my experience isn't evidence for the existence of what might possibly be called an aura.
My neighbour a few years ago used to read auras. She read mine one time in the backyard but she knew how skeptical I was, even though she was a generally trustworthy type. She was (and is) extremely sensitive and intuitive so I've wondered if something might have been going on there. Perhaps unconscious reading of very subtle body language and voice signals, or maybe an unusually good sense of smell and the unconscious ability to make interpretations of a person's emotional state from their pheromone emissions.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

It doesn't mind if it's true or not. You won't have any proofs. Of course there are thingss that we don't know yet, and of course, there are things that can't be pereceived "simply" with our organs. Some fishes and snakes can detect electric signals in other bodies, we can't. Smell, warm, microexpressions... ok, whatever. Sometimes we know something about a person just with one look and we can't say exactly why, we can't tell it with words...
you can especulate forever trying to find a sense that can make something true for you. That's humans speciallity.
It doesn't matter, you'll know what happens when you die. Till then, have fun. And beware of liers.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Greta wrote:
Belinda wrote:Greta, the healer did not accept payment . I had no foreknowledge of what she would be doing. I kept my eyes shut so that I could not see what she was doing whilst I made sure I was not imagining what I felt, then I opened my eyes and saw what she was doing with her hands which were not in contact with my body. I think you know that I'm generally sceptical.

My neighbour a few years ago used to read auras. She read mine one time in the backyard but she knew how skeptical I was, even though she was a generally trustworthy type. She was (and is) extremely sensitive and intuitive so I've wondered if something might have been going on there. Perhaps unconscious reading of very subtle body language and voice signals, or maybe an unusually good sense of smell and the unconscious ability to make interpretations of a person's emotional state from their pheromone emissions.
Was she also a 'psychic'?
vegetariantaxidermy

Satire is probably the only way to deal with the gullible. They tend to get furious when their nonsense is pointed out as such, and don't seem to mind that charlatanism is a billion-dollar industry. Snakeoilism is alive and well.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Satire is probably the only way to deal with the gullible. They tend to get furious when their nonsense is pointed out as such, and don't seem to mind that charlatanism is a billion-dollar industry. Snakeoilism is alive and well.
I just posted it cause it was fun. I'm not really trying to convince anyone with satires. Pharmaceutical industries aren't precisely honesty angels.
vegetariantaxidermy

TSBU wrote:
I just posted it cause it was fun. I'm not really trying to convince anyone with satires. Pharmaceutical industries aren't precisely honesty angels.
I realise that, and gullibility can apply to anything, including pharmaceutical companies, but at least they are subject to stringent testing before their products are released to the public. I don't think blind belief is ever 'harmless'.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Greta wrote:

Was she also a 'psychic'?
No, only seeing auras, but she seems to subscribe to new age paradigms generally.
osgart

Post by osgart »

joy or peace or care i consider auras. Its not the five senses.
BradburyPound

Post by BradburyPound »

Greta wrote:
BradburyPound wrote:
Belinda wrote:Greta wrote:

I have no clue as to how auras work, but I have personal experience with a healer in which inexplicable effects took place. To put these down to auras is a a nice description not an explanation. I don't look for an explanation any time soon, worse luck!
Auras do not work.
There are no auras.
Radiation fields, gravitational fields (albeit tiny) and microbiome clouds are real. One of the definitions of "aura" is:
the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.
The radiation we tend to emit is probably individual in its detail. Further, identification using a person's microbiome is reported to be potentially more reliable than fingerprinting. In effect, criminals will increasingly be convicted based on their biological aura.

Belinda, about twenty years ago I had good results from an acupuncturist for a functional health issue beyond just pain relief. It's possible that we were each helped by placebo effects.

An aura is a fantasy.
Greta

Post by Greta »

BradburyPound wrote:
Greta wrote:
BradburyPound wrote: Auras do not work.
There are no auras.
Radiation fields, gravitational fields (albeit tiny) and microbiome clouds are real. One of the definitions of "aura" is:
the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.
The radiation we tend to emit is probably individual in its detail. Further, identification using a person's microbiome is reported to be potentially more reliable than fingerprinting. In effect, criminals will increasingly be convicted based on their biological aura.

Belinda, about twenty years ago I had good results from an acupuncturist for a functional health issue beyond just pain relief. It's possible that we were each helped by placebo effects.
An aura is a fantasy.
Are you saying that we are not surrounded by fields of radiation, gravity and microbes?
BradburyPound

Post by BradburyPound »

Greta wrote:
BradburyPound wrote:
Greta wrote: Radiation fields, gravitational fields (albeit tiny) and microbiome clouds are real. One of the definitions of "aura" is:

An aura is a fantasy.
Are you saying that we are not surrounded by fields of radiation, gravity and microbes?
By radiation, you mean heat. Gravity does not work in the way you think, And bacteria to not form into auras.
There is a small barely detectable electrical field from nerves, but nothing you could call and aura.
Kirlian fields are long ago de-bunked.

There is a good reason that Belinda has "no clue as to how auras work" - because they do not work.
Last edited by BradburyPound on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BradburyPound

Post by BradburyPound »

osgart wrote:joy or peace or care i consider auras. Its not the five senses.

The "five" senses is also a myth.
uwot

Post by uwot »

BradburyPound wrote:Gravity does not work in the way you think...
So how does gravity work?
Greta

Post by Greta »

BradburyPound wrote:
Greta wrote:
BradburyPound wrote: An aura is a fantasy.
By radiation, you mean heat. Gravity does not work in the way you think, And bacteria to not form into auras.
There is a small barely detectable electrical field from nerves, but nothing you could call and aura.
Kirlian fields are long ago de-bunked.

There is a good reason that Belinda has "no clue as to how auras work" - because they do not work.
Yes, we have a heat field and also a magnetic field. All massive bodies have gravitational fields. Personal bacterial clouds are well documented. Every one of us has one.