Death

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Death

Post by attofishpi »

osgart wrote:With auras felt it feels like a latent untapped language of the soul. They carry mood and meaning and only happen at emotional imaginative times. Music or art or animation can carry auras of peaceful feelings. Its almost like traveling to another existence.
I do not ever take drugs. So its never that. I think our physical senses dull one to experiencing auras.
Get some LSD into u for true insight as to where our minds lie within the construct of the universe.

Personally i think 'auras' are a load of bollocks.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Attofishpi wrote:
What evidence, theory, or prejudice causes you to think so?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Belinda wrote:Attofishpi wrote:
That there's some sort of coloured light surrounding our being that is supposed to represent our sign or mood?

I know too much about the existence of IT to know its spiritual bollocks.

Although on one hand IT\God can project an aura - or aliens - or ghosts - or whatever one feels they believe.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

attofishpi wrote:
That there's some sort of coloured light surrounding our being that is supposed to represent our sign or mood?

Although on one hand IT\God can project an aura - or aliens - or ghosts - or whatever one feels they believe.
So Is it prejudice that causes you to oppose the idea of auras? What evidence or theory is IT that it prejudices you against auras?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Belinda wrote:
attofishpi wrote:

So Is it prejudice that causes you to oppose the idea of auras? What evidence or theory is IT that it prejudices you against auras?
Ah, call it common sense if you want...if there were such a thing it would likely be an electro-magnetic wave - like light or pick any other spectrum you wish...we would detect it by now.
Further to this - God\'God' doesnt appear to bother with such wishy washy spiritual belief.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Attofishpi wrote:
Ah, call it common sense if you want...if there were such a thing it would likely be an electro-magnetic wave - like light or pick any other spectrum you wish...we would detect it by now.
Further to this - God\'God' doesnt appear to bother with such wishy washy spiritual belief.
I think that I would call this opinion of yours common sense. I believe that you are mistaken about "if there were such a thing...... ". It's a mistake to presume that there is an exclusively physical cause for every event.

As for what God bothers with, you claimed that God is both transcendent and immanent. Immanent God if such there be, permeates all events and no event, including the perception of auras, can happen without immanent God.
osgart

Post by osgart »

that aint my definition of aura. An aura is simply a distinctive atmosphere you feel. The hocus pocus version of the word is nonsense.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

osgart wrote:that aint my definition of aura. An aura is simply a distinctive atmosphere you feel. The hocus pocus version of the word is nonsense.

What is distinctive about this "atmosphere you feel"?

What is "The hocus pocus version of the word" and why is it nonsense?
osgart

Post by osgart »

aura is in the dictionary. I reject supernatural causes as reality.
The aura i feel is a spiritual mood environment when my heart is lifted up. It is like an atmosphere of a certain feeling type from the heart.
It is not the five senses. It is much different. Its thematic at times.
Its like traveling to an imaginary paradise. They come and go.
Most of the time i am living only in my senses and my mind. But when i travel in my heart and mind auras occur.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Osgart, what you describe is what more neutrally would be called euphoria. Euphoria means happy mood.

I doubt if anyone denies that there are happy moods. The cause of your happy moods remains mysterious. Obviously your happy moods are not caused by mind altering drugs. Your choice of words sounds vaguely religious and 'spiritual', so are your happy moods caused by belief that God will provide?
Greta

Post by Greta »

The aura question is interesting in that the boundary between "you" and the environment is not your skin. Each of us is surrounded by a radiation field, a microbiome cloud (that is more individual than fingerprints), a weak gravitational field, an abstract (but very real) field of personal space, and also pressure waves generated by the body's processes and movements. There is no doubt more content than the above - be it energetic or informational - in the air around our skin.
osgart

Post by osgart »

you are not your muscles or your brain you are the energy flowing through them. When you are physically worn out the energy cant manifest itself through the body. This energy that you are is your life force not the biochemical processes in your body. Those electro chemical processes are the vehicle your life force uses to move the body. If you practice martial arts you can feel this.
Kung fu helps one come to this realization. As you strengthen your will and release force energy you get a great sense of self.
When you die your life force is released from the body vehicle.
Our cells and our electrochemical processes are never the same as we live through the years yet we are still the same person as new cells and new nutrients replenish the body. The only thing that remains the same is your life force or chi.
As to the feelings of auras the feelings of peace or love or joy each is distinctly felt. When i am at peace with myself i feel the essence of peace; it is unmistakable. Feelings other than the five senses i consider to be auras. I read them like a book and they make sense; its like a language of the heart.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Greta wrote:
The aura question is interesting in that the boundary between "you" and the environment is not your skin. Each of us is surrounded by a radiation field, a microbiome cloud (that is more individual than fingerprints), a weak gravitational field, an abstract (but very real) field of personal space, and also pressure waves generated by the body's processes and movements. There is no doubt more content than the above - be it energetic or informational - in the air around our skin.
I have no clue as to how auras work, but I have personal experience with a healer in which inexplicable effects took place. To put these down to auras is a a nice description not an explanation. I don't look for an explanation any time soon, worse luck!
BradburyPound

Post by BradburyPound »

Belinda wrote:Greta wrote:
I have no clue as to how auras work, but I have personal experience with a healer in which inexplicable effects took place. To put these down to auras is a a nice description not an explanation. I don't look for an explanation any time soon, worse luck!

Auras do not work.
There are no auras.
Greta

Post by Greta »

BradburyPound wrote:
Belinda wrote:Greta wrote:
Auras do not work.
There are no auras.
Radiation fields, gravitational fields (albeit tiny) and microbiome clouds are real. One of the definitions of "aura" is:
the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.
The radiation we tend to emit is probably individual in its detail. Further, identification using a person's microbiome is reported to be potentially more reliable than fingerprinting. In effect, criminals will increasingly be convicted based on their biological aura.

Belinda, about twenty years ago I had good results from an acupuncturist for a functional health issue beyond just pain relief. It's possible that we were each helped by placebo effects.