So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

BradburyPound

Re: Death

Post by BradburyPound »

Greta wrote:
BradburyPound wrote:
Greta wrote:
Are you saying that we are not surrounded by fields of radiation, gravity and microbes?
By radiation, you mean heat. Gravity does not work in the way you think, And bacteria to not form into auras.
There is a small barely detectable electrical field from nerves, but nothing you could call and aura.
Kirlian fields are long ago de-bunked.

There is a good reason that Belinda has "no clue as to how auras work" - because they do not work.
Yes, we have a heat field and also a magnetic field. All massive bodies have gravitational fields. Personal bacterial clouds are well documented. Every one of us has one.

So what. This is not an Aura, and these are undetectable at a distance. So what's the point? What has any of this to do with "DEATH".
Last edited by BradburyPound on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Bradbury Pound wrote:
There is a good reason that Belinda has "no clue as to how auras work" - because they do not work.
I only described an event involving me and a healer, I didn't explain it.

'Aura' was a conceit to describe how I pictured the no-contact effect on me of what the healer was doing with her hands.
BradburyPound

Post by BradburyPound »

Belinda wrote:Bradbury Pound wrote:

'Aura' was a conceit to describe how I pictured the no-contact effect on me of what the healer was doing with her hands.

You attempted to understand an incident with a (ahem... cough!) "healer" with the use of the term "aura", which is a poorly constructed theory.

In this you have elevated a moment in your life to some sort of magical event, based on selective bias, and mumbo-jumbo.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

BradburyPound wrote:
Belinda wrote:Bradbury Pound wrote:

You attempted to understand an incident with a (ahem... cough!) "healer" with the use of the term "aura", which is a poorly constructed theory.

In this you have elevated a moment in your life to some sort of magical event, based on selective bias, and mumbo-jumbo.
:idea: (always wanted to use that).
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

I think that Bradbury Pound doesn't know the meaning of 'conceit' in that context. I appreciate scepticism and think that she should use it to moderate her own reactions.