You See Your Life as an Eternal Progression or Regression?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Re: You See Your Life as an Eternal Progression or Regressio

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Like your tiny little drama of quitting cigarettes. That struggle may be important to you. looking at this struggle from the outside may seem petty & foolish to someone looking from the outside.

As far as your second question it is kind-of based upon the first framework of my original post.

In short - two generations from now no one is going to look at you; your life defined of fears, but for right-now your personal hell is your complete drama of existence. Your life won't mean anything...any meaningful thing in this outer life.

Good questions. Thank you for paying attention & for allowing me to spotlight these important points that needed to be defined.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
Like your tiny little drama of quitting cigarettes. ...
Where did I say I was quitting cigarettes? Let alone make a drama out of it.
That struggle may be important to you. looking at this struggle from the outside may seem petty & foolish to someone looking from the outside.
The only drama and struggle involved in giving something up is by those who do not want to give it up and generally make a big scene so they don't have to. Essentially they are unclear about what they want. Still, ignoring this, it seems unclear that it means nothing outwardly as you are actually saying it does mean something outwardly, that it is not the same meaning makes neither meaning meaningless, as you appear to ascribe.
As far as your second question it is kind-of based upon the first framework of my original post.

In short - two generations from now no one is going to look at you; your life defined of fears, but for right-now your personal hell is your complete drama of existence. Your life won't mean anything...any meaningful thing in this outer life.
A few things really, one, my life is not solely defined of fears, two, my existence can be dramatic at times but it is not a personal hell, three, given that I've had children I think there a fair chance that two generations hence someone will take a look back at me, brief as it may be, as I've taken a look back at my great-grandfather and mother and my great-great-grandfather and mother, I also think about all those who must have come before me for me to be and I give them belated thanks as their life meant something and that something, in part, is me. You also ignore that there are other ways to be remembered, if this is what you seek. From the way you talk I think you are suffering from existential angst due to the loss of your childhood faith that gave you the reassurance of an 'ultimate' meaning to your existence, I think you should return to your faith as you appear unable to cope with a meaningless universe by providing ones own purpose.
Good questions. Thank you for paying attention & for allowing me to spotlight these important points that needed to be defined.
You're too full of yourself and over-estimate your ability.
NielsBohr

Post by NielsBohr »

Blaggard wrote:Neither it is what it is.

Perhaps what is of more interest is how others see it...

Hi Blaggard,

I am complimented of your answer, because you are illustrating with one of my nowadays references.

-->viewtopic.php?f=15&p=177135#p177135
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

That you picked up on that is quite interesting, that anyone who picks up anything does, is perhaps the rub..?

Most people I find are boring, and only follow that which agrees with their own tired philosophy, never venturing forth on the sea of wisdom. It's nice when someone does, it's not expected, nor does it happen very often, but when it happens one must consider thyself content. It wont happen much. Nor for the most part will it happen at all, but if it does one must consider the welcome on the door of someone who can at least think for themselves, I doubt most people can think about anything but themselves.

Your Godel, Escher and Bach post I won't post on but if it's all the same, I will read it. I don't need to be tested on that subject, I am sure some do though, if for no other reason some do need to be tested. :P
NielsBohr

Post by NielsBohr »

Sometimes, fate makes the good coincidences. :wink:

I won't test anyone, because I am not advanced in the book.

N. B. to all:
The image above is of Escher.