Trash is what they Crave.

For the discussion of philosophical books.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Trash is what they Crave.

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Dr Suess one of the greatest artistic geniuses of all time, GOT REJECTED BY 26 DIFFERENT PUBLISHERS.

Let me say that again...REJECTED BY 26 DIFFERENT PUBLISHERS.

Apparently we live in a culture where they think their shit is gold, and their gold is shit.

I wonder how many other talented artists out there who aren't allowed to blossom?

Meanwhile people read books like 50 Shades of Gray and Game of Thrones...I thought you were supposed to upgrade not downgrade when you got older. Suess's books were short, simple, and to the point. Timeless, and the art style was pure genius.

Meanwhile, people consume their time with reading crap like 50 shades and Throne Games. They could be spending their time in much better ways. Like reading something educational or doing something creative. And then these people get off to pointing the finger at people who don't read such books and call them the uneducated and ignorant ones. What lazy irony.

I know why they read such books. Those books are highly sexual in nature. And the Throne Games is quite savage, as most people are still primitive in nature and crave such savagery. Also Throne Games follow the trend of "man-hate" where it depicts men as evil savage rapists. The trait started a while back with Disney. People love nothing more than to hate "evil" men. But at the same time, they love being dominated by the "beast" as in Beauty and the Beast, and 50 Shades.

I thought the Suess films were good (didn't see the Lorax yet, but I get the feeling it's awful and generic poss.)

I thought Cat in the Hat was underrated, I thought it was an artistic masterpiece except for the ending, which was not true to the original material. They made Cat to be some kind of hero when he was clearly a clown, and shoved morality in your face at the end like they always seem to do these days. It's almost like theres no morality at all, because morality is not following orders, it's taking the moral road no matter what people say.

In the original book it leaves open ended. Was the cat good, or was he bad? Should the children lie to their parents, or keep quiet?

In the movie it bastardly ties all loose ends, corrupting the morality even further, by promoting immorality in the following manner.

Their are three villian characters in the film, The big banker, The purplesuit stepdad, and The Cat in the Hat. Of course, the Cat in the Hat turns into the hero at the end. The big banker...I guess wasn't important enough to actually have any kind of tie in? And following traditional Disney man-hate fashion, the stepdad is portrayed for being "evil" because *gasp* he wants to marry a woman! How despicable! Then, he is portrayed as "evil" for getting mad at a little kid who gives both him and his mother a hard time! How awful! Then, they show a scene were he is a disgusting slob who is flat broke about to become homeless. I guess we are supposed to feel sympathy for him, a poor homeless man. Surely the ending will give us something family friendly, in which it teaches us that homeless people, no matter how slobby, are surely worthy of sympathy and mercy?

NOPE

Despite the children wrecking the entire house, putting animal lives in jeapordy, ruining the mans nice suit, the KIDS are the one the movie deems "Just Right". The movie teaches that people telling the truth are "insane" and that it's good to lie, especially if said lie results in an innocent victim getting kicked out homeless on the street.

What a pile of bullox.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Trash is what they Crave.

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Beauty and the Beast is hardly Disney, but Disney should have stuck with Mickey Mouse and left classic children's stories alone. What they did with Winnie the Pooh was something England should have declared war on them for. I love Dr Seuss, but the Hollywood versions are abominations, devoid of Seuss' wit and charm.
Fifty Shades of Grey is badly-written garbage, but then look how popular Mills and Boon books are and it's easy to see why women get stereotyped as shallow air-heads.
Mic84

Post by Mic84 »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Meanwhile, people consume their time with reading crap like 50 shades and Throne Games. They could be spending their time in much better ways. Like reading something educational or doing something creative. And then these people get off to pointing the finger at people who don't read such books and call them the uneducated and ignorant ones. What lazy irony.
Have you already read Game of thrones?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Mic84 wrote:
Bits and pieces, reviews, I know most of the people who like that book are pathetic losers.

If the book has anything of worth, it's buried under hundreds pages of rubbish. And it's so hidden noone who reads the book leaves any wiser. What does the book teach? Human social norms, ape's savage behavoirs? And most of the people who read the book's personalities change more savage and odious than before. Therefore, Dr. Suess is superior, keep it short, simple, to the point, and you are left in a better state.

Why waste your time reading such a thing when there are better things to do? More creative endevours? Talking with other philosophers, reading or watching movies which are far more enlightening, less time consuming, and less stressful. I think people crave cortisol. The book just fills your head with unneeded gook. Disgusting.

If you wanna educate yourself about obvious apelike social norms, do so. There are thousands of ways. No need to read a 500 pg. book filled with unneeded gook that beats around the bush, seeing as how most the people I know who read the book come away from it more despicable-ape-like than before.
vegetariantaxidermy

Mic84 wrote:
Bits and pieces, reviews, I know most of the people who like that book are pathetic losers.

If the book has anything of worth, it's buried under hundreds pages of rubbish. And it's so hidden noone who reads the book leaves any wiser. What does the book teach? Human social norms, ape's savage behavoirs? And most of the people who read the book's personalities change more savage and odious than before. Therefore, Dr. Suess is superior, keep it short, simple, to the point, and you are left in a better state.

Why waste your time reading such a thing when there are better things to do? More creative endevours? Talking with other philosophers, reading or watching movies which are far more enlightening, less time consuming, and less stressful. I think people crave cortisol. The book just fills your head with unneeded gook. Disgusting.

If you wanna educate yourself about obvious apelike social norms, do so. There are thousands of ways. No need to read a 500 pg. book filled with unneeded gook that beats around the bush, seeing as how most the people I know who read the book come away from it more despicable-ape-like than before.
What a load of crap.
GreatandWiseTrixie

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: What a load of crap.
I prefer my crap in loads, rather than one liner blanket statements. This is a philosophy board, not a sound board.

If you don't feel like typing more than 5 words begone with you. Keep it short and simple, but make sure it has a point.
vegetariantaxidermy

I prefer my crap in loads, rather than one liner blanket statements. This is a philosophy board, not a sound board.

If you don't feel like typing more than 5 words begone with you. Keep it short and simple, but make sure it has a point.
Five words were more than enough.
GreatandWiseTrixie

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

Five words were more than enough.
Such is delusion. The deluded man need not share his thoughts, for his thoughts are right, and to share them, would be to risk losing his delusion.
vegetariantaxidermy

Flaming troll. And I wouldn't call Game of Thrones 'trash' either. I enjoy fantasy fiction. Not the brutal kind, but that's just personal taste. Some people probably find it a useful outlet for their innately brutal side. It's better then going out doing real killing. People read it for entertainment, an escape from the tedium of the real world. There is nothing wrong with that.
GreatandWiseTrixie

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Flaming troll. And I wouldn't call Game of Thrones 'trash' either. I enjoy fantasy fiction. Not the brutal kind, but that's just personal taste. Some people probably find it a useful outlet for their innately brutal side. It's better then going out doing real killing. People read it for entertainment, an escape from the tedium of the real world. There is nothing wrong with that.
Nothing right with it either. I already know that, but had you read my argument you would have known this simple fact. The simple fact that it doesn't seem to "outlet" their aggressive, savage behavior, at all, it only amplifies it. So again, I say stick to your sci-fi, because most sci-fi actually has unique ideas. Tell me one unique idea found in Game of Thrones that I haven't heard anywhere else. Then tell me why Game of Moans needed to bury this idea in over 5000 pages of violence, brutality, and typical human behavoir cumulatively. One thing I cannot excuse, is it's just plain boring. You have to read through x amount of pages of nothing to even get to the brutality these apes crave so dear. Perhaps it's part of the ritual, the waiting game, the calm before the storm. Waste of time, I'd say boring as it is the real world, although quite boring, is less tedious than Game of Thrones. These apes love to punish themselves don't they.
vegetariantaxidermy

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Flaming troll. And I wouldn't call Game of Thrones 'trash' either. I enjoy fantasy fiction. Not the brutal kind, but that's just personal taste. Some people probably find it a useful outlet for their innately brutal side. It's better then going out doing real killing. People read it for entertainment, an escape from the tedium of the real world. There is nothing wrong with that.
Nothing right with it either. I already know that, but had you read my argument you would have known this simple fact. The simple fact that it doesn't seem to "outlet" their aggressive, savage behavior, at all, it only amplifies it. So again, I say stick to your sci-fi, because most sci-fi actually has unique ideas. Tell me one unique idea found in Game of Thrones that I haven't heard anywhere else. Then tell me why Game of Moans needed to bury this idea in over 5000 pages of violence, brutality, and typical human behavoir cumulatively. One thing I cannot excuse, is it's just plain boring. You have to read through x amount of pages of nothing to even get to the brutality these apes crave so dear. Perhaps it's part of the ritual, the waiting game, the calm before the storm. Waste of time, I'd say boring as it is the real world, although quite boring, is less tedious than Game of Thrones. These apes love to punish themselves don't they.
You haven't even read it.
GreatandWiseTrixie

You haven't even read it.
Already explained why in detail for you. If you don't have anything to contribute in it's defense, please leave. You gobbling up time and space with your petty one-liners, with no content at all. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise begone with you.
vegetariantaxidermy

Already explained why in detail for you. If you don't have anything to contribute in it's defense, please leave. You gobbling up time and space with your petty one-liners, with no content at all. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise begone with you.
I did say it. 'Trixie' is a strange name for a guy, although yanks love to give boys girls' names and girls boys' names (and even surnames as christian names, which is ever so 'cool' now in their trashy McCulture).
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreatandWiseTrixie

I did say it. 'Trixie' is a strange name for a guy.
Wow so juvenile. Not related the topic itself. And your concept of gender is extreme primitive and stupid. I think I'm going to report you now, you are just so boring I'd rather you stop posting in my threads, you have absolutely nothing to say.
vegetariantaxidermy

I did say it. 'Trixie' is a strange name for a guy.
Wow so juvenile. Not related the topic itself. And your concept of gender is extreme primitive and stupid. I think I'm going to report you now, you are just so boring I'd rather you stop posting in my threads, you have absolutely nothing to say.
Fine. I find you extremely boring and tedious anyway. I'm sure the idiots on here will keep hanging on your every word. It would appear you have taken over the whole forum, (and taken charge of it, even giving out orders lol).