Ninja Mind Control

For the discussion of philosophical books.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

WanderingLands

Re: Ninja Mind Control

Post by WanderingLands »

Arising_uk wrote:
WanderingLands wrote:... and putting it into practice. ...
How?
In the case of martial arts, when there is some danger that I may be alert of, or if there is an escalating situation, I can know when to use physical force for defense. It's also good fitness, too. Keeps yourself alarmed and keeps you healthy in mind, body, and spirit. Just takes commitment.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

WanderingLands wrote:In the case of martial arts, when there is some danger that I may be alert of, or if there is an escalating situation, I can know when to use physical force for defense. It's also good fitness, too. Keeps yourself alarmed and keeps you healthy in mind, body, and spirit. Just takes commitment.
I meant how are you practicing what you read?
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Arising_uk wrote:
WanderingLands wrote:In the case of martial arts, when there is some danger that I may be alert of, or if there is an escalating situation, I can know when to use physical force for defense. It's also good fitness, too. Keeps yourself alarmed and keeps you healthy in mind, body, and spirit. Just takes commitment.
I meant how are you practicing what you read?
Yes, I am.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

No, I meant who are you practicing with? As a martial art takes two and preferably more.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Arising_uk wrote:No, I meant who are you practicing with? As a martial art takes two and preferably more.
I just mainly study the videos to try and master them. I don't really have a 'master' in person.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

WanderingLands wrote:I just mainly study the videos to try and master them. I don't really have a 'master' in person.
You don't really need a 'master', although the term is more like 'teacher', as you have them on the video but what you really need is a training partner as there is a heap of difference between form and function in the martial arts, the form is stylised and often disguises the actual application technique as the 'old boys' used to have inner and outer schools to keep their techniques secret, so to be able to use it you have to practice in as realistic a way as possible as this tells you what is flourish and bullshit and what is not, so a training partner should be at the top of your list. Alternatively if you wish to learn to fight well just go out every weekend and pick a fight, if you survive you'll have all the requisite skills.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

Arising_uk wrote:
WanderingLands wrote:I just mainly study the videos to try and master them. I don't really have a 'master' in person.
You don't really need a 'master', although the term is more like 'teacher', as you have them on the video but what you really need is a training partner as there is a heap of difference between form and function in the martial arts, the form is stylised and often disguises the actual application technique as the 'old boys' used to have inner and outer schools to keep their techniques secret, so to be able to use it you have to practice in as realistic a way as possible as this tells you what is flourish and bullshit and what is not, so a training partner should be at the top of your list. Alternatively if you wish to learn to fight well just go out every weekend and pick a fight, if you survive you'll have all the requisite skills.
Thank you for the advice. I'll think about finding a training partner as the years go by and as I learn more about martial arts.
NielsBohr

Post by NielsBohr »

WanderingLands,

I am surprised by the title. Effectively, ninjas had not a strong reputation under ethical considerations...

This way, I think you should better follow the samurais philosophy. :D

Let me know what you think.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

NielsBohr wrote:WanderingLands,

I am surprised by the title. Effectively, ninjas had not a strong reputation under ethical considerations...

This way, I think you should better follow the samurais philosophy. :D

Let me know what you think.
I've looked a bit into Samurais (mainly looked at the Boshido Code), but I think that Ninjas should have some equal considerations. Whether being bound by ethics or not, which I believe they may surely have had some ethics, the Ninjas sure do have some effective fighting techniques and apparently know about the Mind.

By the way, the book Ninja Mind Control, is mainly about how to learn about and control your own mind - not for influence and control over others.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Ninjas had a very strict code of honour, that was every bit as ethical as bushido, at least as and where it applied to Assassination, ways that were allowed to kill, rules about killing women, even children if there were honour grounds. For example if they tried to assassinate someone and failed, it was absolutely forbidden that they ever try again. If someone could survive an assassination by such masters of the art, just the attempt earned them respect and the honour was theirs.

It's interesting to note Ninja were rōnin and hence mostly Samurai without a leader, who were recruited and hence had no tribe and no ties to a master, but even with no loyalty their honour was still ritualised to the point of what the west would see as OTT. Seppuku, Tai-jitsu and the general code of ninjas was just different from Bushidos more Aesthetic code, about the perfect warrior, it was every bit as rooted in Japanese culture and protocol though. There were morés and forms about using ninjas, about how one should attempt a lords assassination and for what moral reasons. and codes of practice every but as convoluted as Bushido. Ninjas had no obligation to engage in honourless killings or killings of innocents, if they saw the assassination as base and without honour, in fact the disrespect cause by such methods woulf probably cause the contractor to have lost face in regards to the Ninja way.

There's of course every reason to say ninjas were beyond morality, but in fact they were as tightly bound by it as Samurai, it was just in a different way. They were spies, they were people who infiltrated and extracted imfomation, cause dissent and rebellion, much like Mi5 and the KGB did in the cold war. It's often a naive understanding they were just Assassins though, they were a tool for hire by powerful Daimyo and even The Shogun. A lord could keep his honour seperate from his espionage. In a scoiety where honour was everything, the disreputable acts were kept beyond the scope of common knowledge to ensure the Japanese always appeared as they wished, honourable and devoted to the emperorer. War was a mch trickier game in that society, but one did not become a Daimyo or a Shogun by playing by honour alone, an irony I think they were only too aware of. Just as we are aware that the code of Chivalry was a bit of a farce in the West.
NielsBohr

Post by NielsBohr »

Blaggard wrote:For example if they tried to assassinate someone and failed, it was absolutely forbidden that they ever try again. If someone could survive an assassination by such masters of the art, just the attempt earned them respect and the honour was theirs.
-I think that just asserted the failing ninja as being a wimp, what he should only recognize.

...yeah, so easy to invoke the respect in forgetting... until another ninja came to re-do the job. What was you excepting as other way?
Blaggard wrote: It's interesting to note Ninja were rōnin and hence mostly Samurai without a leader, who were recruited and hence had no tribe and no ties to a master, but even with no loyalty their honour was still ritualised to the point of what the west would see as OTT. Seppuku, Tai-jitsu and the general code of ninjas was just different from Bushidos more Aesthetic code, about the perfect warrior, it was every bit as rooted in Japanese culture and protocol though.
A honor without loyalty ! So easy without a master, to have a honor! Maybe their God was respectable on these times...
Blaggard wrote: Ninjas had no obligation to engage in honourless killings or killings of innocents, if they saw the assassination as base and without honour, in fact the disrespect cause by such methods woulf probably cause the contractor to have lost face in regards to the Ninja way.
-Yeah, so easy to be the judge and the partial as a ninja...
Blaggard wrote: There's of course every reason to say ninjas were beyond morality, but in fact they were as tightly bound by it as Samurai, it was just in a different way. They were spies, they were people who infiltrated and extracted imfomation, cause dissent and rebellion, much like Mi5 and the KGB did in the cold war. It's often a naive understanding they were just Assassins though, they were a tool for hire by powerful Daimyo and even The Shogun. A lord could keep his honour seperate from his espionage. In a scoiety where honour was everything, the disreputable acts were kept beyond the scope of common knowledge to ensure the Japanese always appeared as they wished, honourable and devoted to the emperorer. War was a mch trickier game in that society, but one did not become a Daimyo or a Shogun by playing by honour alone, an irony I think they were only too aware of. Just as we are aware that the code of Chivalry was a bit of a farce in the West.
-So your analogy show that they used infiltration as the spies of cold war were just soldiers without official function. But you omit that they most probably invented these rotten practices, moreover without fidelity to a master.

So easy the double hat.
Chris Aldren

Post by Chris Aldren »

NINJA MIND CONTROL
is, without doubt, one of the best selling and most widely read
books on Ninja Meditation ever written. It has been translated into six languages and distributed
worldwide with excellent result. Achieve mastery over your own mind and possess the key that
unlocks the secrets of the cosmos. The true Mystic-Warrior prevails without unsheathing his
weapon. He is master of the bloodless coup. With his mental and physical abilities he evades,
confuses, and ìclouds the mindî of any opponent. Revealed here are the Breathing Exercises
and
Kuji-Kiri
hand positions that enable you to collect, cultivate, and circulate Qi, the vital life-
force that surrounds, permeates, and flows within the body. Through these methods, mind read-
ing, hypnosis and suggestion, the Ninja controls himself, and, in so doing, the outcome of every
encounter as well. Includes the Five Element Exercises and Mi Lu Kata, the Lost Track Form,
of self defense that can turn even the most humble into a fighting champion.
Ninja Mind Control
was first published in 1984. Hit the best one dude! 8)
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Blaggard wrote:There's only one person I've seen with the sort of ability to use suggestion and manipulate people to do things they never would, and experience things they probably shouldn't see.

Derren Brown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmVfHZgHMUk

1 inch punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcKYg1mM35U

Derren beats 9 chess masters and grand masters taking them on all at once, despite being fairly average at chess.

You have to admit what he does is not magic, but it is clever.
Fakest trick in the book, he just has a plant in the crowd who does his tricks for him.

This thread has devolved into a "boys with toys" romp about ninjas, fake magic, and ancient traditions.
I hope none of you actually believe this clown. Show me one video of Derren that isn't completely fake. Ill believe it when I see it.
WanderingLands

Post by WanderingLands »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Fakest trick in the book, he just has a plant in the crowd who does his tricks for him.

This thread has devolved into a "boys with toys" romp about ninjas, fake magic, and ancient traditions.
I hope none of you actually believe this clown. Show me one video of Derren that isn't completely fake. Ill believe it when I see it.
How about you research for yourself if he's fake?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

WanderingLands wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Fakest trick in the book, he just has a plant in the crowd who does his tricks for him.

How about you research for yourself if he's fake?
He already admits to having no real magic, only mind games. But I suspect the depth of his deception is deeper than that, I suspect he even resorts to using plants in the audience.

I did research, I watched 2 of his videos. I don't wish to invest much more in exposing the fraud of a common stage clown.