In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

marjoram_blues
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by marjoram_blues » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:35 am

TSBU wrote:For you the last word. And good news for evryobody. Except maybe Harbal.
The thing that I like the most about this world is that everybody can always get what he wants in a way.
For who? For me? What last word? Adios ?
Why would that be good news for everybody?

marjoram_blues
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by marjoram_blues » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Go to a poem.

The Door - Miroslav Holub

marjoram_blues
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by marjoram_blues » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:03 pm

Visit the Tate online.
Search for a door
Find the black door.
And more...and more...

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by Harbal » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:53 pm

marjoram_blues wrote:Visit the Tate online.
Search for a door
Find the black door.
And more...and more...
My door is black and every time I open it I am totally uninspired by what I behold. Furthermore, I have every reason to think this also holds true for those on the other side of my door, when it is opened.

marjoram_blues
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by marjoram_blues » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Harbal wrote:
marjoram_blues wrote:Visit the Tate online.
Search for a door
Find the black door.
And more...and more...
My door is black and every time I open it I am totally uninspired by what I behold. Furthermore, I have every reason to think this also holds true for those on the other side of my door, when it is opened.
Would a mirror help?

Did you venture forth to thescottishpoetrylibrary to read The Door. No.
It takes a certain frame of mind. I'm not always in it. Here's a little bit...

Go and open the door...
...
even if
nothing
is there,
go and open the door.

At least
there'll be
a draught.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by Harbal » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:29 pm

marjoram_blues wrote: At least
there'll be
a draught.
I've had enough of making do with "at least", if I want a draught I'll sit next to the window.

marjoram_blues
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by marjoram_blues » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:51 pm

Harbal wrote:
marjoram_blues wrote: At least
there'll be
a draught.
I've had enough of making do with "at least", if I want a draught I'll sit next to the window.
Yeah, well that was at the end of the poem, after a lot of imaginative bullshit...but at least no mention of AP45.

What's your answer to having had enough of making do ?
Let me guess...
- down't pub for a special brew ?

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by Harbal » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:04 pm

marjoram_blues wrote:
What's your answer to having had enough of making do ?
Let me guess...
- down't pub for a special brew ?
No, I just stay in't house and make do with an ordinary brew.

marjoram_blues
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by marjoram_blues » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:16 pm

Harbal wrote:
marjoram_blues wrote:
What's your answer to having had enough of making do ?
Let me guess...
- down't pub for a special brew ?
No, I just stay in't house and make do with an ordinary brew.
Harbal...you OK?

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by Harbal » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:29 pm

marjoram_blues wrote:
Harbal...you OK?
Yes, I'm OK, marjoram, although there are many round here who would despute that. :)
I'm at a loose end, that's all, it's nice of you to be concerned though.

marjoram_blues
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by marjoram_blues » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:33 pm

Harbal wrote:
marjoram_blues wrote:
Harbal...you OK?
Yes, I'm OK, marjoram, although there are many round here who would despute that. :)
I'm at a loose end, that's all, it's nice of you to be concerned though.
OK - thought you sounded as pissed off as I am :)

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by Harbal » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:40 pm

marjoram_blues wrote: OK - thought you sounded as pissed off as I am :)
Well I'm not overflowing with joy but I'm not suicidal either. Maybe I should be asking if you're OK, I hope your pissed offness is only temporary.

marjoram_blues
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by marjoram_blues » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:50 pm

Harbal wrote:
marjoram_blues wrote: OK - thought you sounded as pissed off as I am :)
Well I'm not overflowing with joy but I'm not suicidal either. Maybe I should be asking if you're OK, I hope your pissed offness is only temporary.
Thanks. I have several layers of pissed offness going on. It helps to be here for some crazy reason...
Maybe it's the :roll: effect.
Cheers.

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 3846
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by Harbal » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:57 pm

marjoram_blues wrote: It helps to be here for some crazy reason...
Yes, I know what you mean. Keep your chin up, marjoram. :wink:

marjoram_blues
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: In Times of Trouble - what do you do?

Post by marjoram_blues » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:15 am

Harbal wrote:
marjoram_blues wrote: It helps to be here for some crazy reason...
Yes, I know what you mean. Keep your chin up, marjoram. :wink:
Thanks, harbal. Keep up the good work.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests