How can a leftist be a good worker in a company?

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 2680
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: How can a leftist be a good worker in a company?

Post by Greta » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:35 am

Skip wrote:
Above us only sky wrote: How can a person be a functional part of a system of which she hates? I cannot find an answer.
No, you obviously cannot.
If this was a work-place assignment, you have failed - even with help from unpaid consultants - to carry it out.
You should be fired.
Ha! AUOS sounds like he's never had a job if he can't imagine working well for bosses and organisations he dislikes.

Come to think of it, can right wingers work in a team or lead a team if they ideologically oppose collectivism?

Are workers capable of working well for money, self preservation and to not place an unfair load on workmates? Or are we all just programmed ideological ciphers incapable of flexibility and compromise?

User avatar
TSBU
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Re: How can a leftist be a good worker in a company?

Post by TSBU » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:32 am

Greta wrote:
Skip wrote:
Above us only sky wrote: How can a person be a functional part of a system of which she hates? I cannot find an answer.
No, you obviously cannot.
If this was a work-place assignment, you have failed - even with help from unpaid consultants - to carry it out.
You should be fired.
Ha! AUOS sounds like he's never had a job if he can't imagine working well for bosses and organisations he dislikes.

Come to think of it, can right wingers work in a team or lead a team if they ideologically oppose collectivism?

Are workers capable of working well for money, self preservation and to not place an unfair load on workmates? Or are we all just programmed ideological ciphers incapable of flexibility and compromise?
You seem to asume that people wrok happily and pruductively in general. But people are usually as lazy as they can, they workthe less they can and qith the minimum quality. All of the pawns I mean, no matter the lies they believe and what do they want to see as the cause of their problems.

But they work the less they can cause they are going to be paid equally and they can't asume the frustration of being pawns, and the frustrations come from what they are (or, if you want, how everything is, including gravity), that's the source of their problems.

Walker
Posts: 4066
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: How can a leftist be a good worker in a company?

Post by Walker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Just keep your nose to the grindstone, idiom.

User avatar
TSBU
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Re: How can a leftist be a good worker in a company?

Post by TSBU » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 pm

Walker wrote:Just keep your nose to the grindstone, idiom.
I'll do it if you keep your nosense to yourself, idiot.
:D

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 2680
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: How can a leftist be a good worker in a company?

Post by Greta » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:11 pm

TSBU wrote:
Greta wrote:
Skip wrote: No, you obviously cannot.
If this was a work-place assignment, you have failed - even with help from unpaid consultants - to carry it out.
You should be fired.
Ha! AUOS sounds like he's never had a job if he can't imagine working well for bosses and organisations he dislikes.

Come to think of it, can right wingers work in a team or lead a team if they ideologically oppose collectivism?

Are workers capable of working well for money, self preservation and to not place an unfair load on workmates? Or are we all just programmed ideological ciphers incapable of flexibility and compromise?
You seem to asume that people wrok happily and pruductively in general. But people are usually as lazy as they can, they workthe less they can and qith the minimum quality.
This is true with menial work, but those with engaging and challenging work can be truly dedicated. At times I'd do extra unpaid hours, simply because the project at the time was of interest.

User avatar
TSBU
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Re: How can a leftist be a good worker in a company?

Post by TSBU » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Greta wrote:
TSBU wrote:
Greta wrote: Ha! AUOS sounds like he's never had a job if he can't imagine working well for bosses and organisations he dislikes.

Come to think of it, can right wingers work in a team or lead a team if they ideologically oppose collectivism?

Are workers capable of working well for money, self preservation and to not place an unfair load on workmates? Or are we all just programmed ideological ciphers incapable of flexibility and compromise?
You seem to asume that people wrok happily and pruductively in general. But people are usually as lazy as they can, they workthe less they can and qith the minimum quality.
This is true with menial work, but those with engaging and challenging work can be truly dedicated. At times I'd do extra unpaid hours, simply because the project at the time was of interest.

Me too. But that's not the most common kind of job or worker.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: too close

Post by henry quirk » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:16 pm

"Your 'vision' is unworkable, which is why you can't define it."

What 'vision'? Catchin', cookin', eatin' fish? In warmer times I do that regularly. Mebbe you mean 'mind your business and keep your hands to yourself'? That works too. In fact, the only time it doesn't work is when some nosey parker gets it into his or her head to interfere with another. As for defining shit: I have...just did, in fact.

#

"I am still aware that I'm part of a society. I am aware that contributing makes life better for everyone."

Yep, I agree...that's what a blend of competition and cooperation is all about. Where we differ is: I don't see cooperation as my trading off my autonomy...communitarians like yourself, do. Any one who strays off the reserve is targeted...for folks like you, community comes first, the individual comes second (if he or she is even deemed worthy of ranking).

#

"It's so-called 'right-wing' Govts. that offer the least freedom."

Is that so? Explain Cuba, explain Venezuela.

#

"you described yourself as 'right wing'."

Actually, that was a joke I thought you were bright enough to get.

I was wrong.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: too close

Post by henry quirk » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:20 pm

"Come to think of it, can right wingers work in a team or lead a team if they ideologically oppose collectivism?"

Cooperation and collectivism are not the same thing.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6027
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re:

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:22 pm

henry quirk wrote:"Your 'vision' is unworkable, which is why you can't define it."

What 'vision'? Catchin', cookin', eatin' fish? In warmer times I do that regularly. Mebbe you mean 'mind your business and keep your hands to yourself'? That works too. In fact, the only time it doesn't work is when some nosey parker gets it into his or her head to interfere with another. As for defining shit: I have...just did, in fact.

#

"I am still aware that I'm part of a society. I am aware that contributing makes life better for everyone."

Yep, I agree...that's what a blend of competition and cooperation is all about. Where we differ is: I don't see cooperation as my trading off my autonomy...communitarians like yourself, do. Any one who strays off the reserve is targeted...for folks like you, community comes first, the individual comes second (if he or she is even deemed worthy of ranking).

#

"It's so-called 'right-wing' Govts. that offer the least freedom."

Is that so? Explain Cuba, explain Venezuela.

#

"you described yourself as 'right wing'."

Actually, that was a joke I thought you were bright enough to get.

I was wrong.
Explain what? We were talking about the 'right'. I've already pointed out that it's the societies that are a mixture of 'capitalism and socialism' that have the most 'freedom' and the best overall standards of living (countries that you would probably describe as 'left'--although I can only guess at that since you don't seem to want to define it). There's a good reason for this. It's because they aren't locked into any particular extremist ideology, and have democracy and continually evolving laws.
And I'm pretty sure you fish because you enjoy it, not because you have to in order to survive. There's a big difference. If the latter were the case you would be unlikely to have the luxury of tapping away on a computer for leisure. You might not even have any fish to 'fish' in your anarchic utopia. Some stronger jerkoff (a selfish 'I'm the only one who matters' POS) might have taken all the fish with no thought for others and the environmental consequences of over-fishing. Never mind that there are no fish left for the jerkoff either.
When people are only out for themselves society falls apart. That's what a 'society' is; humans living together in mutual consideration and cooperation. It makes life pleasant for everyone. I don't really know why you would have a problem with that. Which laws in particular do you object to, and how do they detrimentally affect you?

BradburyPound
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:45 am

Re: How can a leftist be a good worker in a company?

Post by BradburyPound » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Above us only sky wrote:A leftist is a person who reject Capitalism and is supportive of Socialism, Anarchism, Communitarianism or Marxism. Yet a leftist is also a human being, that means she needs to work in a job and be a good employee. But how can a person be a leftist and a good worker in a company at the same time?

Is it because people cannot be a good employee and a leftist at the same time therefore nowadays there are less and less leftists among the whole human population?
Because a slave is not the only person that makes a good worker. Sometimes you need a person who can think for themselves, and be capable of working for the good other others, rather than just for the boss or for self-interest.
Lefties make the best doctors, artists, defence lawyers, care workers, fire-men, honest police, public servants, and many other professions.

Rightards make salesmen capable of selling things to people that do not really need them.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: too close

Post by henry quirk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:44 pm

"Explain what?"

it's not complicated, Veg. You say "It's so-called 'right-wing' Govts. that offer the least freedom."...if that's the case then explain why Cuba and Venezuela (as well as any number of middle eastern hell holes) offer little in the way of liberty to citizens. You wouldn't say Cuban or Venezuelan governments are right-wing, would you? Seems to me: Cuba, Venezuela, and most of the Middle East, are fine examples of what the Left has to offer, in the long run, to any one.

Now, I understand we -- you and me -- may see liberty differently. You, a communitarian, probably define liberty as your 'right' to do as you please and have some one else absorb the costs of your bad choices. Me, I see liberty as the natural result of an individual possessing himself, doing as he chooses and accepting the full burden and profit of bad and good choices.

Using an example you can understand: you want access to endless abortions and you want some one else to pay for them, while I take steps to prevent pregnancy in the place, doing so with my own money.

Your 'liberty', I suspect, is libertine while mine is self-determination, -direction, and -responsibility.

The reason you and other communitarians despise the Right is because you folks don't wanna clean the kitchen, or buy groceries, or cook...the lot of you just wanna eat.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests