GODDAMNIT! I'm at That Point...

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: GODDAMNIT! I'm at That Point...

Post by bobevenson »

Anybody who doesn't blow his brains out is nuts. I mean, what's the point other than fulfilling nature's will-to-live ploy?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

bobevenson wrote:Anybody who doesn't blow his brains out is nuts. I mean, what's the point other than fulfilling nature's will-to-live ploy?
That's one of argument for not procreating, but not for blowing one's brains out.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Dalek Prime wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Anybody who doesn't blow his brains out is nuts. I mean, what's the point other than fulfilling nature's will-to-live ploy?
That's one of argument for not procreating, but not for blowing one's brains out.
Give me a single good reason why anybody should want to live other than the motivation built into his DNA through billions of evolutionary years. You're no different than a bug trying to escape a rolled-up newspaper, but at least a bug has the excuse that its brain doesn't have a cerebral cortex.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Why haven't you blown your brains out then, Bob? Not that I'm counselling, but shouldn't one have the strength of their convictions?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Dalek Prime wrote:Why haven't you blown your brains out then, Bob? Not that I'm counselling, but shouldn't one have the strength of their convictions?
DNA trumps common sense.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Certainly survival instinct does.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Yup, just like that little bug.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I'm sorry but i don't understand any of this. If u are at that point of committing suicide, and u also believe that life is meaningless crap, nothing should stop u from staying alive as long as u can and going into full ham party mode.

Go tryda steal somethin you want. Start a drug habit. Burn a building down. Shoot some fat ugly conservative sonofabitch. Rob a bank.

U can do all this provided u carry that gun with u at all times. If at any point in all this u get cornered by the POleece and can't shoot your way out of it, then u kill yourself. Think about it. This makes much more sense. U still get to kill yourself, but u also get to experience a lotta nihilistic perks before u do.

And during all this u might find that u actually enjoy it and really get into it... in which case your life will suddenly be enriched with new meaning and purpose. Be like 'damn I don't wanna kill myself yet. I wanna see if i can rob another bank first. That shit was awesome.'

What u can't do, however, is lose that nerve to pull the trigger if u get trapped up. Many a nihilist on his reign of terror has done just that at the last moment and is now in prison reading Dean Koontz novels and eating turnip greens every other day. And i mean that: every other day.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:33 pm I'm sorry but i don't understand any of this. If u are at that point of committing suicide, and u also believe that life is meaningless crap, nothing should stop u from staying alive as long as u can and going into full ham party mode.

Go tryda steal somethin you want. Start a drug habit. Burn a building down. Shoot some fat ugly conservative sonofabitch. Rob a bank.

U can do all this provided u carry that gun with u at all times. If at any point in all this u get cornered by the POleece and can't shoot your way out of it, then u kill yourself. Think about it. This makes much more sense. U still get to kill yourself, but u also get to experience a lotta nihilistic perks before u do.

And during all this u might find that u actually enjoy it and really get into it... in which case your life will suddenly be enriched with new meaning and purpose. Be like 'damn I don't wanna kill myself yet. I wanna see if i can rob another bank first. That shit was awesome.'

What u can't do, however, is lose that nerve to pull the trigger if u get trapped up. Many a nihilist on his reign of terror has done just that at the last moment and is now in prison reading Dean Koontz novels and eating turnip greens every other day. And i mean that: every other day.
Wow this summoned up a couple of ghosts.

Bill Wiltrack, whom I wish well
And
Bob Evenson, who would be better off dead.

Bill's last post read:
LOVE The Forum. Love the creators and Moderators. LOVE the members, past and present.

Over the years, my time both on & off the site have enriched my life exponentially in many, many ways. And I know this forum can have the same effect upon all of you...if it hasn't already.

Always had a bit of an issue - on my end, with authority and censorship. That ultimately has lead to my third & final exit from this majestic forum.

Good day. It's been a good day. I wish all of you well.
Whilst Bob's last effort was to chastise someone for not being clear about his demense of DC or Wash state, in a thread he started
Re: Welcome to N. Korea, I'm Sorry, N. America (USA)
Post by bobevenson » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:49 pm

Then why don't you say where you're from, DC, and I don't mean District of Columbia!
If I had to guess Bob died of COVID whilst coughing up his complaints, refusing to wear a mask.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I think i was a bit hasty. Only a very certain, very rare type of person would i encourage to indulge in such barbarism as i mention above. I don't say one has a 'right' to or doesn't, or that one 'deserves' to or doesn't... only that for the right type, such Durdenism would be a kind of poetic justice, would be appropriate and in good taste given the circumstances of his life; what has been done to him by man, by god and by fate.

For all i know tho, this evenson may be the type i would actually encourage to commit suicide... but i don't pretend to know anything about em so i withhold any judgement at this juncture.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:17 pm

And
Those two disappeared sometime during my absence from the site, and I have often wondered what happened to them, although I can never remember which one was which.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Harbal wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:45 pm

And
Those two disappeared sometime during my absence from the site, and I have often wondered what happened to them, although I can never remember which one was which.
Bill was the one who used to leave massive gaps between sentences, with lots of pictures jbut very little content.

Evenson was obsessed with a ridiculous letter he gat back from some clowns claiming to assess predictions. He thought he had some sort of preminition about Cinncinatti.
The letter was a polite fuck off Bob, but he was too stupid to understand they were poilitely telling him he was wrong.
Nonetheless he used to drag it up every month or so for years, despite the ridicule he received.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:51 pm
Evenson was obsessed with a ridiculous letter he gat back from some clowns claiming to assess predictions. He thought he had some sort of preminition about Cinncinatti.
The letter was a polite fuck off Bob, but he was too stupid to understand they were poilitely telling him he was wrong.
Nonetheless he used to drag it up every month or so for years, despite the ridicule he received.
That's right, I remember now. He used to say he was a prophet, and he wasn't kidding. :)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Perhaps poor Bob's cancer came back. That always happens--and it comes back ten times more virulent than the first time, as if it's angry. Maybe it's better to let it be in the first place. I'm sure all the anti-choicers would agree with that. After all, they say that ALL life is sacred and must be protected at all costs...
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:51 pm
Harbal wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:45 pm

And
Bill was the one who used to leave massive gaps between sentences, with lots of pictures jbut very little content.

I haven't heard those names in a while. Was Bob the one who called his "prophecy" the "Ouzo prophecy" or something like that? Bill and I got along pretty well. I used to get frustrated with Bob though. I suppose I can be pretty easy to troll.