Psychology foundation

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Buddhist guy

Re: Psychology foundation

Post by Buddhist guy »

Don't know about essential but psychological knowledge certainly widens a philosophical perspective. as does history, any other science, humanities etc. And it works both ways! :)

http://yalom.com/
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Buddhist guy wrote:Don't know about essential but psychological knowledge certainly widens a philosophical perspective. as does history, any other science, humanities etc. And it works both ways! :)
I totally agree, Buddist guy. They work hand in hand. If one is asking questions of what the truth is of the universe, then they have to know that which is asking the questions, in order to get to the bottom of the truth of the matter. Because It's clear to me that we all project our bias into the questions, but more importantly into the answers. This is why there is double blind scientific method, in the first place. To remove the human bias affect.

Actually I see that as the father of all science, philosophy and science are one in the same thing. It's just that science struggles with human psychology, to attempt to assure accurate, truthful answers. Crap science even goes so far as to deny what it is they seek, to ensure the purity of the data. It's all theory, they say! Good! Lets try and be as certain as we can, before we burn any witches/bridges.

Buddhist guy

Post by Buddhist guy »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Buddhist guy wrote:Don't know about essential but psychological knowledge certainly widens a philosophical perspective. as does history, any other science, humanities etc. And it works both ways! :)
I totally agree, Buddist guy. They work hand in hand. If one is asking questions of what the truth is of the universe, then they have to know that which is asking the questions, in order to get to the bottom of the truth of the matter. Because It's clear to me that we all project our bias into the questions, but more importantly into the answers. This is why there is double blind scientific method, in the first place. To remove the human bias affect.

Actually I see that as the father of all science, philosophy and science are one in the same thing. It's just that science struggles with human psychology, to attempt to assure accurate, truthful answers. Crap science even goes so far as to deny what it is they seek, to ensure the purity of the data. It's all theory, they say! Good! Lets try and be as certain as we can, before we burn any witches/bridges.

What you said.
SpheresOfBalance

Buddhist guy wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:

What you said.
Sorry if I came off strange in that last message. I agree with, seemingly what you were saying, that all knowledge is important, that it all backs up/supports all the rest. That refining any knowledge about anything serves to refine other knowledge about other things. Everything in our human lives is connected. This life is one thing, despite all human fragmentation efforts. ;)
Buddhist guy

Post by Buddhist guy »

It's cool Spheres. I was just saying "agreed" in a slightly clumsy way so that it could look like there was a subtext, implying you were slightly unintelligible. I wasn't but I can see why you drew that conclusion. It's okay my bad :)
SpheresOfBalance

Buddhist guy wrote:It's cool Spheres. I was just saying "agreed" in a slightly clumsy way so that it could look like there was a subtext, implying you were slightly unintelligible. I wasn't but I can see why you drew that conclusion. It's okay my bad :)
If I've missed something, please enlighten me.

Thank You!
Buddhist guy

Post by Buddhist guy »

I was responding to this bit:
Sorry if I came off strange in that last message
I assumed you had read into my post a subtext that was unintended.
SpheresOfBalance

Buddhist guy wrote:I was responding to this bit:
Sorry if I came off strange in that last message
I assumed you had read into my post a subtext that was unintended.
Communication, with all our preconceptions and expectations, can be so difficult sometimes. ;)
Buddhist guy

Post by Buddhist guy »

Indeed! :)