Success is the Accomplishment of the Necessary

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

About an hour...worth reflection.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=man ... ORM=VDRVRV
-1-

Re: Success is the Accomplishment of the Necessary

Post by -1- »

I just glanced in the mirror... got a reflection instantly, and I did not have to sacrifice an hour of my precious life left on this beautiful planet.
-1-

Post by -1- »

In other words, I am not buying "worth a reflection" only because you say so.

You have to do a better sales job at this if you want me to watch the video. Whet my appetite for it or something. "Sell the sizzle."
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

I have learned the hard way not to cast pearls to swine.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Oh.

Okay, I'll cast my pearls to you, swinehund Johndoe, because I am not stingy with them like you.

Success is the reaching of expectations.

You see? I still have the same amount of pearls as before. Even though I had cast some to you.

Why you couldn't have figured out for yourself with your huge brain that you don't wind up with fewer pearls if you cast them, is a mystery.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

-1- wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm Oh.

Okay, I'll cast my pearls to you, swinehund Johndoe, because I am not stingy with them like you.

Oh this is going to be fun...how am I stingy?

Success is the reaching of expectations.

And necessity is not at minimum an expectation? If I find it necessary to eat, do I not expect to eat and attempt to reach that expectation?

You see? I still have the same amount of pearls as before. Even though I had cast some to you.

Why you couldn't have figured out for yourself with your huge brain that you don't wind up with fewer pearls if you cast them, is a mystery.

Are you angry? I think you are angry, why? Or am I wrong?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Well I learnt that Manly (hmmm) Hall was an 'astrologer and mystic' and that the linked site isn't a trustworthy one.
-1-

Post by -1- »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:00 pm Well I learnt that Manly (hmmm) Hall was an 'astrologer and mystic' and that the linked site isn't a trustworthy one.
Yes, I found it useful from time to time to check out the links the fanatic religious provide. They often are disreputable, for trustworthiness, or else the content of the link fly straight against their own arguments.

Amazing stuff. I was not going to waste an hour of my life on this rubbish JohnDoe wields as pearls of truth.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

-1- wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:00 pm Well I learnt that Manly (hmmm) Hall was an 'astrologer and mystic' and that the linked site isn't a trustworthy one.
Yes, I found it useful from time to time to check out the links the fanatic religious provide. They often are disreputable, for trustworthiness, or else the content of the link fly straight against their own arguments.

Amazing stuff. I was not going to waste an hour of my life on this rubbish JohnDoe wields as pearls of truth.
I wasted about 3 seconds. :evil:
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Accomplishing what is necessary is not success then?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Eodnhoj7 wrote:Accomplishing what is necessary is not success then?
How could it be if it was necessary?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:12 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:Accomplishing what is necessary is not success then?
How could it be if it was necessary?

All necessity is merely a deficiency in being, to accomplish what is necessary is to eliminate a deficiency.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Eodnhoj7 wrote:All necessity is merely a deficiency in being, to accomplish what is necessary is to eliminate a deficiency.
Pardon?

Necessity is basically the logical tautologies and I have no idea what a 'deficiency in being' even means?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:16 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:All necessity is merely a deficiency in being, to accomplish what is necessary is to eliminate a deficiency.
Pardon?

Necessity is basically the logical tautologies and I have no idea what a 'deficiency in being' even means?
Success in achieving what is necessary, is success in achieving what we lack and yet need.

For instance, if I need "x" amount of money in order to aquire the basic needs of food, water, shelter, etc. my success is derived by achieving what I lack in this case "x" money. The necessity of food/water/shelter/etc. manifests itself as basic needs. I need what I lack, I am deficient through this "need", as need observes a certain level of vulnerability or weakness. If I do not eat, I grow weak through lack of nutrition. If I do not have shelter, I grow weak through exposure to the elements.

My ability to eliminate weakness, by acquiring what I need in turn is a form of success in itself.

Success is cannot be measured through the aquirement of what one wants, as wants and needs differ. I may want to eat a doughnut for breakfast everday, however I do not need to. In many respects the continual pursuit of want leaves one difficient in health, as what we want can become a need if we practice indulgence. In a seperate respect, I may need to eat a doughnut every once in a while in order to derive some mild form of pleasure from it. Pleasure, in the respect of raising ones spirits, can be a need to some degree.

It is accomplishing what is necessary, that we not only maintain a sense of balance, but also succeed by keeping things in proportion. Any practice of extremes in turn manifests an opposing extreme that creates further necessity. So if I eat a doughnut everyday, I will need to lose weight or achieve a nutrition program that will treat any diseases that come with it, such as diabetes.

However by fulfilling my needs, over wants, I moderate what I need further and in many respects need less.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Success is achieving what one aspires to even if that means boiling an egg for precisely the right time.