Finding the Place of No Harm

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Finding the Place of No Harm

Post by Dontaskme »

Throw away your daily newspaper, it has no purpose other than for wiping your arse ..read the following article instead.

Every Fear-Self is created to provide safety to a wounded image of one’s self. Thought ceaselessly spins stories of danger, and thus the Fear-Self is sustained throughout our lives.

A young child needs love and care. That is the full expression of their being. But when he is invalidated, a new element of being is created—the unwanted self. Of course, the unwanted self morphs into our more mature sense of inadequacy and insufficiency. The unwanted self is the Wound in the form of the injured personality.

As long as a baby or young child is received for its innate beingness, which is expressed as through unconditional love, support, and care, the “unwanted self” is not formed.

All of our Fear-Selves are adapted to counter identification with the unwanted self and make ourselves safe from harm. Yet here is the irony: We can only be harmed by something with which we identify. Our images of ourselves as an Achiever, a Tough Guy, a Pleaser, an Expert, a Body Person, a Spiritualist can and will be damaged. An image is always tenuous, not fully certain of itself, and often brittle. It is a belief set out into the world, and it will suffer all the wear and tear that the physical universe inflicts.

No matter how great the hurt, no matter how great the tribulation, there is always a part of us remains untouched. That is our authentic being. It needs no image. In fact, if we try to attach an image onto it, it is not possible! Our authentic self is not an image. Yet we seem to “know” only our images of ourselves and others. All Fear-Selves, no matter how refined they might be, are ultimately images.

The final knowing of one’s self is not a knowing at all. We can only trick ourselves into “knowing” something outside of our authentic being. Our authentic self can never be known. It can only be, no matter what else we do or is done to us in our lives.

That is why our authentic selves can never be harmed. We are absolutely 100% safe when all our false images are allowed to disperse and our authentic selves can finally live in the light of day.

When that happens, we are nothing and everything at the same moment, for no dividing line can be drawn between the authentic self and anything the mind labels as “other.”

Anything you are defensive about is an image! Observing your defenses is a great way to discover your false self-images. Nearly all of us are defensive about our bodies, our feelings, and our thoughts. They are, therefore, not our authentic selves. They are fake. The instant we identify with any image, thought, or feeling, we indulge in the fantasy of the falsely known self. We are not our bodies; we are not our thoughts; we are not our feelings. But while the body, thought, and feeling are not who you are, they are a part of you! It is a paradox.

https://nondualityamerica.wordpress.com ... rojection/
Walker

Re: Finding the Place of No Harm

Post by Walker »

Peace of mind is the place of no harm.
That is the place sought by religion.

Is it the destination of philosophy?
Dontaskme wrote:Anything you are defensive about is an image! Observing your defenses is a great way to discover your false self-images. Nearly all of us are defensive about our bodies, our feelings, and our thoughts. They are, therefore, not our authentic selves. They are fake. The instant we identify with any image, thought, or feeling, we indulge in the fantasy of the falsely known self. We are not our bodies; we are not our thoughts; we are not our feelings. But while the body, thought, and feeling are not who you are, they are a part of you! It is a paradox.
Dontaskme wrote:… they are a part of you!
- Everything of which of you are aware, including body, is part of you.
- What varies is the degree of apartness, or separation.

- Like heat, partness is measured by degrees.
- Like a curved lens focusing photons to a hot point, attention focuses the energy required for more degrees of non-separation.

- Distraction enfolded by attention fuels non-distraction of attention.
- Undistracted attention focuses the energy of attention.

- The process effortlessly and naturally increases the degree of partness to a flashpoint that instantly incinerates samskaras.

- Thus, attention to the moment results in a purification to the original design prior to adaptations required for survival in any particular environment, with the added bonus of undistorted dualistic apprehension, since let's face it, none of us are still babes in the woods.

:P
osgart

Post by osgart »

the place of no harm for me is in respecting the law as it is meant. The Constitution. So I totally respect that people totally different than me have the same rights . even those that deserve jail or death. I despise them but respect their rights. All men are created equal and I hope those who fall to crime get their just punishment based on evidence. To me the Constitution keeps the peace we all love so much. every American good or bad is accountable. I live and die by that rule.
Walker

Post by Walker »

osgart wrote:the place of no harm for me is in respecting the law as it is meant. The Constitution. So I totally respect that people totally different than me have the same rights . even those that deserve jail or death. I despise them but respect their rights. All men are created equal and I hope those who fall to crime get their just punishment based on evidence. To me the Constitution keeps the peace we all love so much. every American good or bad is accountable. I live and die by that rule.
osgart wrote:the place of no harm for me is in respecting the law as it is meant.
For me, an aspect of peace of mind is assessing reality in light of the fact that not all folks access the state of consciousness that permits a sharing of the respect that your vision, accesses.
osgart

Post by osgart »

not hard to experience that lack of respect for the rights of others. unfortunately many Americans are on a short leash. Perhaps it's that they benefit from a civil society and all you can do is pacify them from doing harm when they would otherwise do crime. Consequences is their only motive for staying in line and the benefits of acquiring material success they might enjoy legally.
otherwise we live in the wild concrete jungle.

I am sure their is a price they pay in not being willfully civil but only passively compliant.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

osgart wrote:
I am sure their is a price they pay in not being willfully civil but only passively compliant.
Jesus paid the price in full with his selfless sacrifice. That's Just pure love. You just can't buy that sort of love. It's free.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote:
osgart wrote:
Jesus paid the price in full with his selfless sacrifice. That's Just pure love. You just can't buy that sort of love. It's free.
Kamikazes piloted not only aeroplanes, but Kaitens.

Was their sacrifice, selfless?
osgart

Post by osgart »

insane is a kamikaze
Walker

Post by Walker »

Are we to conclude from your assessment that because Jesus also sacrificed, that he was insane?
osgart

Post by osgart »

I conclude that Jesus never existed as mentioned in the bible .
osgart

Post by osgart »

and the Jesus story of crucifixion lacks godly omnipotence that he would need to hand himself over to Roman guards for execution . mere men to a god
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
osgart wrote:
Kamikazes piloted not only aeroplanes, but Kaitens.

Was their sacrifice, selfless?
Jesus's sacrifice was selfless in the context sense that he knew he didn't have one.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

osgart wrote:and the Jesus story of crucifixion lacks godly omnipotence that he would need to hand himself over to Roman guards for execution . mere men to a god
The crucifixion was eternal formless God spirit (energy) in form showing ''others'' his shadow side by example of how to surrender, love and forgive...knowing full well the will of the mortal shadow side cannot extinguish the immortal will of the spirit energy the sustainer of all mortal life forms.

Not sure if that's right but what I'm trying to say is..he's teaching that by giving up his son, he would rather lose his son and love you instead so that you too could love enemies as yourself.

Or something like that..
osgart

Post by osgart »

well thank you for your sincere comment