Is Trump Santa to the rich, Scrooge to the poor?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

AMod

Re: Is Trump Santa to the rich, Scrooge to the poor?

Post by AMod »

bobevenson,

Unlucky you then.

AMod.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Most people actually don't vote according to their economic interest. There is a slight increase among wealthier people for the GOP in the USA, but it is only slight, with many notable left--leaning billionaires, like Warren Buffett, and plenty of poorer people voting for the GOP as well. About the only clear link between economic class and political orientation is that the poor tend to be more extremist than other groups. They may, however, be extremists for the left-wing or for the right-wing. This is why poorer countries start to see a moderation in their politics as they establish a middle class.

So, I don't think focusing on economic links among the voters to Trump will ever show a clear causal connection for why he is in power.

Trump supports a vulgar group of Americans who are against science, freedom of speech, equal treatment for minorities, and who also endorse conspiracy-theories, which is merely another way of expressing hatred towards minorities, if one thinks about it. He is their Santa, and he gave them a gift when he pardoned a racist Arizona sheriff who flagrantly violated the civil rights of Hispanic Americans, and Trump did this shortly after a neo-Nazi march in Virginia where a protestor was run over by a neo-Nazi. If that was not Trump giving a high-five to racists, then what was he doing?

You want to explain Trumpism, look more to the nastier side of people and forget about blaming his rise on the wealthy.
Last edited by Science Fan on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:47 am I believe he is.

PhilX 🇺🇸
I always like it when I can agree with you on something. You nailed it! ;-)
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:50 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:47 am I believe he is.

PhilX 🇺🇸
I always like it when I can agree with you on something. You nailed it! ;-)
I like reading what you write as you come across so sensibly, straight to the point. This forum needs more like you.

PhilX 🇺🇸