Is Trump Santa to the rich, Scrooge to the poor?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Re: Is Trump Santa to the rich, Scrooge to the poor?

Post by FlashDangerpants »

bobevenson wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:07 pm Intrinsic value for ignoramuses refers to the actual value of something (like an automobile) as opposed to the legal value of something (like a stock certificate).
Now you have a circular definitions problem. You are defining intrinsic market value as what property has, but you previously defined property as "anything with intrinsic market value". Neither of these definitions can define anything as they each depend on the other before a definition is found.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

-1- wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:08 pm
bobevenson wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:44 pm
-1- wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:18 am You are very much trying to put a dollar price on intrinsic value, but that can't be done.
intrinsic
adjective
1. belonging to a thing by its very nature:
the intrinsic value of a gold ring.

Please, go back to school, my friend, grammar school.
Price and value are different qualities.
Price determines value.
FlashDangerpants

But intrinsic properties are not variable, prices are. That's because prices are a function of extrinsic factors (supply and demand) of course.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

At any point in time, price determines the value of anything.
FlashDangerpants

bobevenson wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:48 pm At any point in time, price determines the value of anything.
That's Extrinsic.
extrinsic value
the value of something based on such things as appearance or what it could be sold for, which may not be its real value:
A day trader's notion of value is determined by what another trader will pay a few moments later; it is extrinsic value.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... nsic-value
intrinsic value
the real value of a company, asset, etc., which may not be the price it could be sold for now:
If a share's price is less than its intrinsic value, it should be bought.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... nsic-value
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Sorry pal, you simply don't understand English. Stick to your gobbledygook.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson to Dangerpants wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:54 pm Sorry pal, you simply don't understand...
FlashDangerpants

bobevenson wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:54 pm Sorry pal, you simply don't understand English. Stick to your gobbledygook.
I gave you dictionary definitions from the Cambridge University Press. I'm clearly right on this matter.

I also warned you months ago that it would be smarter for you to adjust your wording rather than pursue the stupidity of digging in to defend an obvious fuck up. I also pointed out that you would fail that test too. It's pathetic that you are still fucking up like this on such a stupid issue.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Last edited by Philosophy Explorer on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 pm
bobevenson wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:54 pm Sorry pal, you simply don't understand English. Stick to your gobbledygook.
I gave you dictionary definitions from the Cambridge University Press. I'm clearly right on this matter.

I also warned you months ago that it would be smarter for you to adjust your wording rather than pursue the stupidity of digging in to defend an obvious fuck up. I also pointed out that you would fail that test too. It's pathetic that you are still fucking up like this on such a stupid issue.
I gave you the following dictionary definition of "intrinsic" earlier, dum-dum. Please refute it!

intrinsic
adjective
FlashDangerpants

bobevenson wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:35 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 pm

I gave you the following dictionary definition of "intrinsic" earlier, dum-dum. Please refute it!

intrinsic
adjective
Well that's fucking easy Bob, you are refuting yourself because you are a fucking cretin.

The price that a 3rd party is willing to pay for the gold ring is not intrinsic because it it doesn't come from the very nature of the gold ring.
The price said 3rd party pays for an item is extrinsic - the value that comes from sources other than the very nature of the object itself.
The market, which sets the price, is not an internal component of the merchandise on sale.
That should be obvious to you. And also to God, he really ought to know this shit without my help as well.

Why is God giving you stupid advice that makes you look like a moron?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, the intrinsic value of a gold ring is what a buyer is willing to pay for it and a seller willing to accept, pure and simple, my friend.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

There goes that irony bird again.
FlashDangerpants

bobevenson wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:43 pm Please, the intrinsic value of a gold ring is what a buyer is willing to pay for it and a seller willing to accept, pure and simple, my friend.
Only if the buyer and the seller are inside the ring.

As I already pointed out...

The price that a 3rd party is willing to pay for the gold ring is not intrinsic because it it doesn't come from the very nature of the gold ring.
The price said 3rd party pays for an item is extrinsic - the value that comes from sources other than the very nature of the object itself.
The market, which sets the price, is not an internal component of the merchandise on sale.
That should be obvious to you. And also to God, he really ought to know this shit without my help as well.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Ginkgo wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:47 pm
There goes that irony bird again.
Oh, my God, an Arising copycat!