A New Constitution

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Impenitent

Re: A New Constitution

Post by Impenitent »

artisticsolution wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:40 am
Impenitent wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:48 am
artisticsolution wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Thats ridiculous. The "victor" nor the "mighty" tells me what to do.

I "do" because its the right thing.
thus you claim victory and are exercising your might

or did you not choose to do?

-Imp
Im not exercising my might, for if i were i would demand the majority exercise My might as well.

No, controlling the actions of others would be outside of your control. your might controls you, nothing more, but nothing less.

I am exercising my right to be/do the right thing....and i put alot of rational thought into fairness of the problem at hand.

No, you are exercising your power to act as you wish

Might doesnt exactly translate into fair and balanced as the bible demonstrates over and over.

I never suggested that it did.

But then again one has to be able to discern certain concepts in order to understand.
indeed

-Imp
TimTimothy

Re: A New Constitution

Post by TimTimothy »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:37 pm Whose consent, measured how? Doesn't the constitution have to cover that stuff?
No. A Constitution is always going to be a tiny set of words compared to laws, rules and regulations and as you say...court opinions that implement and interpret the Constitution.

As you recognized already, even with our Constitution, there are a myriad of questions. You seem to be of the opinion that more words means it would be more clear. I'm not convinced of that. There were those among the founding fathers who thought that introducing a bill of rights would make the Constitution LESS clear, not more clear. The Compromise was the 9th Amendment which tries to say that our rights are not limited to those enumerated.

I think more words means more leeway for interpretation, and thus makes our constitution less clear.

But...your mileage may vary.