~ The Birth of Catalan ~

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

]...[

Re: ~ The Birth of Catalan ~

Post by ]...[ »

You seem sophomoric in your responses here.

Been noticing this more and more.

Use a lot of words but you seem to say less & less. Perhaps something in your personal life...?

Give it time. Don't push. But be aware of it. It shows.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

*yawn*

Your sock-puppet seems to have the same supply of stock cut-paste responses and plays the same twadry head games. Just goes to show, you can rebrand a twat but...
PauloL

Post by PauloL »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:42 pm
I didn't say you have a Constitution. But you have an established order. Constitution is just a non-exclusive example.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"It sounds like you have extreme resistance to structures and labeling."

Absolutely.

#

"Identifiers help people know what they can relate to."

Sometimes...in my experience, though, such things tend to short circuit actual conversation or debate, 'oh, he's a [fill in the blank] so obviously he favors X, Y, and Z' (when, in fact he opposes X, Y, and Z).

#

"I'm asking you how you think people are supposed to vote"

Same way they always do: dash of reason, dollop of emotion, handful of self-interest, smidge of prejudice, etc.

#

"explain how you realistically think your scenario of "no affiliations or categories" would work in managing a country?"

Each and every one is motivated by self-interest...the perfect place to start from.

#

"can you only fathom pointing your gun at everybody and declaring your own independence?"

Don't knock it till you've tried it, Lace...as St. Max said: you get along further with a handful of might than you can with a handful of right.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

You are coarse & especially rude of late...even for you.

Can't help but see that it's something personal. Obvious, actually...good luck with that.

...whatever it is.

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

......................................................Image

............................... 750,000 people storm the streets of Barcelona demanding release of Catalan leaders.

..........................................Image

...........................................................Image

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Do you know why 'they', i.e. the politicians and businessmen who finagled this situation, want independence Bill? Because they don't want to pay for the poorer parts of Spain. No great democratic cause but cash, which is of course a good reason but it's not 'no taxation without representation' as they had that.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I'm sure there are 360 different perspectives on why & what-for and I'm certain your perspective is valid to a degree.

What I see in the protesters' posters are the words, independence, democracy, and freedom.

Having Catalan's elected officials jailed just seems wrong in a democratic system...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: I'm sure there are 360 different perspectives on why & what-for and I'm certain your perspective is valid to a degree.
In this instance there's probably only about three.
What I see in the protesters' posters are the words, independence, democracy, and freedom.
Then they are pretty thick as they have democracy and freedom. They just don't want to pay for the poorer citizens of their republic.
Having Catalan's elected officials jailed just seems wrong in a democratic system... [/size]
You think politicians shouldn't be jailed for breaking the law? Although I agree the Spanish authorities have been truly stupid in how they are dealing with this but from the looks of it some good is coming-out of it as there is a move to hold a referendum to change their constitution to allow the holding of independence referendums. Incidentally, this is an example of why the UK tends not to like the idea of a written constitution as it binds and limits possible political decisions and actions.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Respect your opinion and I appreciate your experimental use of larger fonts. I feel responsible & elated! Baby steps. As I said before - Don't push too hard or you will find that other egos inside of you will push back & possibly keep you in shackels...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Respect your opinion and I appreciate your experimental use of larger fonts.
Think again.
I feel responsible & elated! Baby steps. As I said before - Don't push too hard or you will find that other egos inside of you will push back & possibly keep you in shackels... [/size]
I'm amazed that someone who harps on about the digital revolution can't use a spell-checker. Doesn't bode well for your investments.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Only occasionally use spell checker. Not a good speller myself. I'm looking at the quote you used...what word confuses you?