Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording.

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Presently, the rich preside over a demographic pyramid that is top shaped and de-stabled.

Ironically, because the rich have put themselves so far from the base, they themselves have become the most unstable part of the pyramid. This is not good for the rich.

Trickle down, an economic concept which is what we all live in, if increased would remedy the stability problem.

With the world below being de-stabilized by the rich, due to their distance from the bottom, and the rich knowing the benefits of stability, would be well advised to lower its demographic position and bring profits to the whole demography.

To the rich, with profits to all being possible, I would ask, what are you waiting for?

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Re: Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording.

Post by bobevenson »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:31 pm Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording.

Presently, the rich preside over a demographic pyramid that is top shaped and de-stabled.

Ironically, because the rich have put themselves so far from the base, they themselves have become the most unstable part of the pyramid. This is not good for the rich.

Trickle down, an economic concept which is what we all live in, if increased would remedy the stability problem.

With the world below being de-stabilized by the rich, due to their distance from the bottom, and the rich knowing the benefits of stability, would be well advised to lower its demographic position and bring profits to the whole demography.

To the rich, with profits to all being possible, I would ask, what are you waiting for?

Regards
DL
Sorry, I couldn't get past the word "hording."
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bobevenson wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:10 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:31 pm Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording.

Regards
DL
Sorry, I couldn't get past the word "hording."
Good for you. :lol:
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Also, apparently the pyramid is now an inherently unstable shape. I fear for those poor Egyptians cowering in the shadow of these wobbly 'top shaped' edifices.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 pm Also, apparently the pyramid is now an inherently unstable shape. I fear for those poor Egyptians cowering in the shadow of these wobbly 'top shaped' edifices.
Only when it's upside-down.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Ah I see. The pyramid is wobble because the top 0.1% is actually the pointy bottom!

I fear this metaphor torturing topic represents the final strawberry that broke the camel's toe.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the .1% would hire someone else to shoot themselves in the foot

-Imp
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

I would suggest a social scientific rather than moral way of looking at this.

When wealth and knowledge are limited it pools in a royal family.

As wealth and knowledge increase it spreads out to an aristocracy.

As wealth and knowledge continue to increase it spreads into a democracy.

There is always a civilizational gamble. If there wasn't really enough wealth and knowledge but the franchise expanded, then the society collapses in looting, like African communism or a peasants' revolt.

If there was enough wealth and knowledge but the franchise wasn't expanded the society stagnates and crystallizes, like the ancient Chinese dynasty or the Russian Czar.

It's like a biological math, it's not even really a moral issue. And worse, it isn't easy to calculate and the risks of acting and also not acting are tremendous, so the whole thing is rather a touchy affair!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 pm Also, apparently the pyramid is now an inherently unstable shape. I fear for those poor Egyptians cowering in the shadow of these wobbly 'top shaped' edifices.
You have it backwards.
You must be looking at the wrong graphs.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Seleucus wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:56 am I would suggest a social scientific rather than moral way of looking at this.

There is always a civilizational gamble. If there wasn't really enough wealth and knowledge but the franchise expanded, then the society collapses in looting, like African communism or a peasants' revolt.

If there was enough wealth and knowledge but the franchise wasn't expanded the society stagnates and crystallizes, like the ancient Chinese dynasty or the Russian Czar.

It's like a biological math, it's not even really a moral issue. And worse, it isn't easy to calculate and the risks of acting and also not acting are tremendous, so the whole thing is rather a touchy affair!
I agree. That is why our democracies, have become oligarchies and the average person is too dumbed down to care.

Lack of knowledge and education.

Regards
DL
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:32 pm
Seleucus wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:56 am I would suggest a social scientific rather than moral way of looking at this.

I agree. That is why our democracies, have become oligarchies and the average person is too dumbed down to care.

Lack of knowledge and education.

Regards
DL
Maybe? Could also be argued we are in a period of radical democracy...?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Radical, ---- for sure, --- to the point where democracy no longer exists in our corrupted oligarchies.
If we ever had a democracy that is.

I think the rich have almost always ruled us as we see them as the maintainers of stability and security.

That noble lie should die as we now know that the rich are a source of inequality and instability instead of equality under the tax laws.

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:00 pm
I think the rich have almost always ruled us.
What do you mean by ruling us, and how do they do it?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, if you've got something to say, say it instead of referring me to some silly-ass link.