Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

I do for gays but not for women and children.

When it comes to women and children, I think men are duty bound to put family duty and responsibilities above themselves and thus men should not consider themselves as equal to women and children. Men should put the needs of women and children ahead of their own.

Think in terms of the good logic of the law of the sea and it being applied to land.

It is said by many that the courts favor women in most divorce cases. Given that almost 50% of all household are maned by single women, are our courts thinking more as I do and does that make them dishonest in terms of equality under the law?

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sigh...'Equal rights' doesn't mean the same as 'equal'. Humans can't be 'equal'. It's meaningless when used in that way. Is a cat 'equal' to a dog, or even another cat?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:01 pm Sigh...'Equal rights' doesn't mean the same as 'equal'. Humans can't be 'equal'. It's meaningless when used in that way. Is a cat 'equal' to a dog, or even another cat?
Equality under the law is more equality of opportunity and not equality of outcome which is what I think you are talking about.

I agree that equality of outcome cannot be possible.

Regards
DL
uwot

Post by uwot »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:53 pmDo you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:51 pmEquality under the law is more equality of opportunity and not equality of outcome which is what I think you are talking about.

From what I can gather, you believe that heterosexual male adults have, and deserve, some privileged legal status, that the majority of the population can only access by invitation. Do you really mean that?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

uwot wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:15 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:53 pmDo you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:51 pmEquality under the law is more equality of opportunity and not equality of outcome which is what I think you are talking about.

From what I can gather, you believe that heterosexual male adults have, and deserve, some privileged legal status, that the majority of the population can only access by invitation. Do you really mean that?
If you can quote where you even get that, I will be pleased to have a look at my grammar.

Nothing in what you quoted indicates that I gave any heterosexual males any privileged legal status. In fact, I indicated that they are being denied that in divorce cases.

Regards
DL
uwot

Post by uwot »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:25 pmIf you can quote where you even get that, I will be pleased to have a look at my grammar.
Here:

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:01 pm Sigh...'Equal rights' doesn't mean the same as 'equal'. Humans can't be 'equal'. It's meaningless when used in that way. Is a cat 'equal' to a dog, or even another cat?
Cats are soooo better than those simpering fool dogs.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:48 am
I could not disagree more. My dog has more personality than any 100 cats!
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greta wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:01 am
If you had two dogs, you certainly could disagree more.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dogs stink and grovel to humans. No self-respect at all.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:42 am Dogs stink and grovel to humans. No self-respect at all.
That dogs with too much self respect are a lot worse.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:30 am
Greta wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:01 am
If you had two dogs, you certainly could disagree more.
Touché! :lol:
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:42 am Dogs stink and grovel to humans. No self-respect at all.
Ah, you misunderstand. Just try to get cooperation out of a dog that you treat meanly. If you are no fun, when you call the dog will drag its feet and take forever. If you are fun and kind they will run to you (usually). Thus dogs shape human behaviour as much as any unfortunate pussy-whipped cat slave :)

They do stink without regular washes, granted.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greta wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:19 am
Ah, you misunderstand. Just try to get cooperation out of a dog that you treat meanly. If you are no fun, when you call the dog will drag its feet and take forever. If you are fun and kind they will run to you (usually). Thus dogs shape human behaviour as much as any unfortunate pussy-whipped cat slave :)

Bow to your cat overlords, you yet to be whipped human! 8)
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:19 am

I like both anyway. Dogs are lovely, kind creatures. I just don't like the whole 'cat person' 'dog person' rubbish. I've found self-proclaimed 'dog people' tend to think they are a cut above inferior 'cat peole'. Humans are ridiculous.