It is absolutely improper for the government to give tax benefits to companies creating jobs!

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

It is absolutely improper for the government to give tax benefits to companies creating jobs!

Post by bobevenson »

In fact, it is improper for the government to even be involved in job creation!
Philosophy Explorer

Re: It is absolutely improper for the government to give tax benefits to companies creating jobs!

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:05 pm In fact, it is improper for the government to even be involved in job creation!
How?

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Re: It is absolutely improper for the government to give tax benefits to companies creating jobs!

Post by bobevenson »

The U.S. Constitution does not refer to job creation as a government function.
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:49 pm The U.S. Constitution does not refer to job creation as a government function.
Two things:

1) The US government can create and destroy jobs under the Civil Service System.

2) The Federal Reserve, which was set up by Congress back in 1913, can influence the creation and destruction of jobs through monetary policy. So this is an implied power under the Constitution.

I believe this thread will be taken down as the subject matter has been discussed before.

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Sorry, any government intrusion into the job market is not only improper but unconstitutional.
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:06 pm Sorry, any government intrusion into the job market is not only improper but unconstitutional.
Why is it improper? Not written explicitly in the Constitution doesn't make it unconstitutional (which only the judges can declare).

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Let's put it another way, job creation is not a proper function of government, any government.
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:28 pm Let's put it another way, job creation is not a proper function of government, any government.
Let me put it this way. You've failed to explain why and you're going in circles.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Do you think your Constitution is divinely-inspired-- the word of God himself, never to be challenged or altered? As a matter of fact it's poorly written and has been altered quite a bit (hence the word 'amendment'). I would say that your Constitution has a poor constitution.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:33 pm Do you think your 'constitution' is divinely-inspired and the word of God himself, never to be challenged or altered? As a matter of fact it's poorly written and has been altered quite a bit (hence the word 'amendment'). I would say that your Constitution has a poor constitution.
The founders knew that change is a constant in the world so the Constitution was written to be flexible which I regard as its greatest strength.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Then there's not a hell of a lot of point to it, is there. It reminds me of the ten Commandments. Woefully inadequate with terrible priorities, and whatever is omitted only gives people an excuse to do as they please (which they do anyway). I mean, how pathetic is 'thou shalt not kill'? Kill what? Oh my. Humans have really taken that one to heart :roll: The best countries have no Constitiution. The ones with a good education system and plenty of rational thinkers. Of course that's all changing, thanks to the toxic gases emanating from a certain 'corner' of the planet.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:57 pm The best countries (have) a good education system and plenty of rational thinkers.
If the government is involved in any way, it's not a good education system and devoid of rational thinkers.
vegetariantaxidermy

bobevenson wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:11 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:57 pm The best countries (have) a good education system and plenty of rational thinkers.
If the government is involved in any way, it's not a good education system and devoid of rational thinkers.
Unlike completely normal people such as yourself--although I have to say that your writing is reasonably literate for an American. You must be at least a hundred and twelve years old then.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:31 pm
bobevenson wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:11 pm
Unlike completely normal people such as yourself--although I have to say that your writing is reasonably literate for an American. You must be at least a hundred and twelve years old then.
Please, if you would ever read "The Ouzo Prophecy," you would understand that I'm not only reasonably literate for anybody who has ever lived on planet Earth, but anybody who has ever lived in the Milky Way galaxy or the entire universe for that matter!