Education Under the American Energy Party (AEP)

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Re: Education Under the American Energy Party (AEP)

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:38 pm 1) All government departments and boards of education, including federal, state, county and local would be shut down.

2) All government schools, including elementary schools, high schools, colleges and universities would be sold to the highest bidder.

3) All government educational employees, including administrators, teachers and other employees would be immediately terminated.

4) Government enforcement of educational standards involving the care of children would be limited to similar standards for shelter, clothing, health and nutrition.
Meaning no education.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobevenson wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:38 pm
3) All government educational employees, including administrators, teachers and other employees would be immediately terminated.

That seems a bit harsh, wouldn't it be enough just to fire them?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:50 pm

You must read Blondie, Harb.

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:50 pm
Sorry, there's not enough Unguentine on Earth to treat that many patients!
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:48 pm
bobevenson wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:38 pm 1) All government departments and boards of education, including federal, state, county and local would be shut down.

2) All government schools, including elementary schools, high schools, colleges and universities would be sold to the highest bidder.

4) Government enforcement of educational standards involving the care of children would be limited to similar standards for shelter, clothing, health and nutrition.
Meaning no education.

PhilX 🇺🇸
If there's no education, the whole concept was built on a false premise.
-1-

Post by -1- »

bobevenson wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:48 pm
They could use the money come in from the sale to hire grammar nazis who would severely beat people who use grocer's commas, especially for the s denoting third person present tense indicative.

Or they could use the money to build bridges between the erudite and the illiterati.

Or else they could just simply steal the money.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

None? Shocking.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

AEP? Is that the American branch of the Green Party?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:59 am AEP? Is that the American branch of the Green Party?
The AEP will be the only political party on Earth run as a profit-making business, unlike other so-called political parties that are not political parties at all, but merely political affiliations. All elected AEP officials will take their marching orders in lock-step directly from AEP headquarters. Its modus operandi will be the Champagne Sherry Principle that I have explained earlier, but will be more than happy to explain again.
Last edited by bobevenson on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Then happily do so, cause I'm new here. And don't skip over anything cause it is too obvious either, cause I rode the short bus to school as a kid and like to have stuff explained out slowly to me with simple words, so I can understand complicated ideas, the sorts that smart people like to ponder.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:43 pm Then happily do so, cause I'm new here. And don't skip over anything cause it is too obvious either, cause I rode the short bus to school as a kid and like to have stuff explained out slowly to me with simple words, so I can understand complicated ideas, the sorts that smart people like to ponder.
A friend of mine had a girlfriend named Sherry who was running for Prom Queen. Her poster had a picture of two bubbly champagne glasses and the slogan, "Vote for Champagne Sherry." I wouldn't have walked across the street to vote for anybody for anything, but he dragged me halfway across campus to vote for her. She became Prom Queen and I learned the best way to win a political election is to get people to vote for you and not the candidate.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:24 pm
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:59 am AEP? Is that the American branch of the Green Party?
The AEP will be the only political party on Earth run as a profit-making business, unlike other so-called political parties that are not political parties at all, but merely political affiliations. All elected AEP officials will take their marching orders in lock-step directly from AEP headquarters. Its modus operandi will be the Champagne Sherry Principle that I have explained earlier, but will be more than happy to explain again.
The AEP will become operational when the first flying pig leaves the ground.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

bobevenson wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:10 pm
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:43 pm Then happily do so, cause I'm new here. And don't skip over anything cause it is too obvious either, cause I rode the short bus to school as a kid and like to have stuff explained out slowly to me with simple words, so I can understand complicated ideas, the sorts that smart people like to ponder.
A friend of mine had a girlfriend named Sherry who was running for Prom Queen. Her poster had a picture of two bubbly champagne glasses and the slogan, "Vote for Champagne Sherry." I wouldn't have walked across the street to vote for anybody for anything, but he dragged me halfway across campus to vote for her. She became Prom Queen and I learned the best way to win a political election is to get people to vote for you and not the candidate.
Is this where I quote Ron Burgundy and say "When in Rome"? I don't know what the fuck is going on here. Someone want to explain this to me? Feels like I called for a tow truck and some guy with a mini scooter pulled up to tow me.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:51 am
bobevenson wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:10 pm
Is this where I quote Ron Burgundy and say "When in Rome"? I don't know what the fuck is going on here. Someone want to explain this to me? Feels like I called for a tow truck and some guy with a mini scooter pulled up to tow me.
Bob claims to be a prophet of all things social, political and economic. The AEP is his fantasy. He would turn our world over to a theistic government. No doubt you are thinking he is barking mad.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Oh, well in that case....

How much money are you willing to pay me to join up Bob? I'm not going cheap, I'm a high quality synchophant awaiting your enlightenment, br first you gotta show me the money.