Ways the North Korean Problem Can be Resolved

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Re: Ways the North Korean Problem Can be Resolved

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:46 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:People are so quick to jump to america's offense that they dare consider the idea of a preemptive strike on North Korea, but pretty mum about the fact that country is considering the exact same thing, with even more leverage behind that threat.
No NK isn't. Do you seriously think they are so stupid as to attack America first?
I honestly don't know, I've seen different points made by psychologists, pundits and a plethora of anecdotes that lead to completely different conclusions on the actual sanity of Kim Jong-Un. I don't believe it's as clear-cut as people think. It's not unheard of that dictators begin to believe their own propaganda, neither is a nation attacking an obviously more powerful one. In my opinion, that possibility is one that grows increasingly, as their carelessness around sanctions becomes more apparent. Regardless, in that particular quote, I was speaking more about the mindset of people who don't think threats should be retaliated with another threat; I see something like Trump's infamous "fire and fury" statement as basically saying 'If you try to shoot at us, we are going to defend ourselves', and needless to say I think the greatly media over-blew it.

But I'm not at all actually concerned with North Korea attacking us even if they did, because we can very easily track and shoot down their ICBMs. In fact, I hope they do attack us soon as an incentive for china to drop them.
At least two countries upon this planet have hundreds of nukes pointed at you, why are you not preemptively attacking them?
My concerns aren't about North Korea at all, but China eventually backing them. I laid out my views on the subject a few pages back, so I'll just quote that so you have a good idea of where I stand.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:25 am
bobevenson wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:04 pm 1) Full scale American attack on North Korea to end present regime and establish new regime, or consolidate both North and South Korea with a democratic election.
The only thing that leans me to this option of striking sooner rather than later, is the fear that a Chinese Prime Minister may eventually come along into office that whole-heartingly sides with the North Koreans, a Chinese government that would side with them even if their attack was the preemptive one. That's a battle we would likely not be able to win, especially since I'm inclined to think Russia would back them.

Course, this is all assuming a contingency that the current China PM grants us the blessing to make an attack, which doesn't seem likely. I think the only safe, realistic option is to wait until NK makes a move.

I have little concern with their nuclear capability, or any of their power. It's not necessarily overblown, but most developed countries are more than capable of shooting down their soviet-era missiles.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:52 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:06 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:51 am The 'innocent' people who are trying to kill them as well in a war that they did not start? If we're talking about the Vietnam war specifically, many of those men were drafted in.

And no, it's not either/or, I've already given you my thoughts on these "warmongers". I'm not a fan of them if you mean what I think you do.
What do you mean 'trying to kill them'? How can they 'try to kill them' when they are in their own country?
The Vietnamese ground troops who were presumable firing back?

In their own country.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

If I went to Sweden and was attack by a felon, that person would be "in his own country" as well. I guess the principle of self-defense is simply just forfeit and you have to take that beating as soon as you go into someone else's country; Sounds like a very special kind of eugenics and nationalism.
vegetariantaxidermy

I don't know if you are just pretending to be an idiot but I'm really not interested in banging my head against a brick wall any more.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Well I'm "pretending" to go along with the point that you just made to show how it's not true

Look up the philosophical concept of a "counter-example".
vegetariantaxidermy

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:10 pm Well I'm "pretending" to go along with the point that you just made to show how it's not true

From the illiterate yank.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:16 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:10 pm Well I'm "pretending" to go along with the point that you just made to show how it's not true

From the illiterate yank.
I really don't see what it is that's warranted all these transgressions against me. You sounded like a pretty reasonable person beforehand and honestly one of the few who I respected a bit more on here. I'm sorry about whatever it is I did to you, that just demands these snarky comments and ignores everything I'm actually saying to you. I guess I've committed the great sin of having a belief on NK that can vaguely be interpreted in resemblance to the neo-conservative warmongering we see in the middle-east, even though my actual position is very nuanced, and takes that warmongering into consideration as something to avoid. A belief that's not all that unreasonable, and certainly one I'm not unwilling to change with more enlightened discussion - by the way.

I guess if there's nothing to be gained from conversing with each other, you can go ahead and add me to your block list for now. I can do the same if you'd like.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 pm I guess I've committed the great sin of having a belief on NK that can vaguely be interpreted in resemblance to the neo-conservative warmongering we see in the middle-east,
You've committed an even greater sin than that which, funnily enough, also has a lot to do with geography. :D
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:01 pmYou've committed an even greater sin than that which, funnily enough, also has a lot to do with geography. :D
What do you mean?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:26 pm
Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:01 pmYou've committed an even greater sin than that which, funnily enough, also has a lot to do with geography. :D
What do you mean?
Are you American?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:26 pm
What do you mean?
Are you American?
I am?

If I made some sort of geographical statement that was incredibly dumb, let me just preface it by saying that I was slightly drunk last night, in order to lessen the blow. I don't see where I made it, though.
Last edited by Sir-Sister-of-Suck on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:26 pm What do you mean?
You'll work it out eventually, Suck.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:34 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 pm
Are you American?
I am?
She has OCD about Americans.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:34 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 pm Are you American?
I am?
Any light bulbs yet?
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:35 pm
You'll work it out eventually, Suck.
I don't think I will, because I'm not going to read back through the dozens of posts I've already made throughout this thread.

You don't need to be such a tease, just tell me what it is so I can avoid the same mistake again.