~ So...Is it Helpful to Say... ~

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ So...Is it Helpful to Say... ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

RADICAL REPUBLICAN TERRORISM

Because that's exactly what America just experienced in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 12, 2017. RADICAL REPUBLICAN TERRORISM.

The candidate, Donald J Trump repeatedly expressed that it was sooooo important for our President at the time, Barack H Obama to speak the words, RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM.

Our 44th President had the unspoken wisdom to know that saying the words, RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM would do nothing to help ANY situation. Matter-of-fact speaking those particular words could only serve to make things worse.

Where are we?

Where the fuck are we?

Philosophy Explorer

Re: ~ So...Is it Helpful to Say... ~

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:11 pm .

RADICAL REPUBLICAN TERRORISM

Because that's exactly what America just experienced in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 12, 2017. RADICAL REPUBLICAN TERRORISM.

The candidate, Donald J Trump repeatedly expressed that it was sooooo important for our President at the time, Barack H Obama to speak the words, RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM.

Our 44th President had the unspoken wisdom to know that saying the words, RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM would do nothing to help ANY situation. Matter-of-fact speaking those particular words could only serve to make things worse.

Where are we?

Where the fuck are we?

That's your problem.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

That problem being, Radical Republican Terrorism ?

Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

I do have a problem with the fact that all these news outlets were so quick to cover this but mum when similar acts of violence are committed from any Black Lives Matter protest. Just needs to be pointed out.

And no, I wouldn't call it an act of terrorism for the same reason I wouldn't call any BLM riot or even a school shooting terrorism. This has more so become a word associated with religious organizations like Al quaeda.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Yeah. So you might be on the short end of this one. Just saw the United States National Security Advisor, H R McMaster call the White is Right fiasco in Virginia yesterday as an act of domestic terrorism.

Glad to help you. Think I know where you're coming from.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:11 pm Charlottesville, Virginia / Donald J Trump / Barack H Obama / Our 44th President
"Charlottesville", "Trump", "Obama" and "our president" would have been perfectly adequate, what is it with you people?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Not sure what you mean by it and you people.

ken

Post by ken »

Living in an era where the saying of absolutely inaccurate terms like 'white people' and 'black people' are still being used is NOT helpful in any way what so ever.

Saying, "radical republican terrorism" is just as unhelpful and absurd.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

True. So true but yet we, for the most part, are bound by, at times, such obvious distinctions.

Like you, I wish this distinction wasn't an overwhelming definition...but it is.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:39 pm I do have a problem with the fact that all these news outlets were so quick to cover this but mum when similar acts of violence are committed from any Black Lives Matter protest. Just needs to be pointed out. ...
Have these 'black lives matter' people killed anyone by driving a car into a crowd? Over here we're calling that act when done for political or religious beliefs an act of terrorism. If a muslim had done this in America would you not have called it an act of terrorism?
ken

Post by ken »

Bill Wiltrack wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:16 am .

True. So true but yet we, for the most part, are bound by, at times, such obvious distinctions.

Like you, I wish this distinction wasn't an overwhelming definition...but it is.

But I do NOT see a distinction at all. To Me;
1. ALL human bodies come in varying different shades. There is NO black nor no white one.
2. Even if there are darker and lighter shades of color on the skin on human bodies that in no way makes a distinction between persons.
3. A person is NOT the body.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:08 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:39 pm I do have a problem with the fact that all these news outlets were so quick to cover this but mum when similar acts of violence are committed from any Black Lives Matter protest. Just needs to be pointed out. ...
Have these 'black lives matter' people killed anyone by driving a car into a crowd? Over here we're calling that act when done for political or religious beliefs an act of terrorism. If a muslim had done this in America would you not have called it an act of terrorism?
I would say far worse things than that has been committed under the banner of Black Lives Matter. I don't want to undermine the situation, because it's clearly devastating what's happened in Virginia.

I want to clarify what I meant, because I realize you can actually differentiate 'acts of terrorism' from 'terrorists'. I wouldn't call the suspect of this attack a terrorist, because I think that word has adapted important connotations associating it with actual terrorist groups. But it's fine to call it domestic terrorism as long as we're all aware of this caveat, I just wouldn't do it because I think you run a slippery slope of convoluting these two things as the same.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:I would say far worse things than that has been committed under the banner of Black Lives Matter. ...
Such as?
I don't want to undermine the situation, because it's clearly devastating what's happened in Virginia.
From an outsiders position it looks pretty minor compared to your police killings and mass shootings.
I want to clarify what I meant, because I realize you can actually differentiate 'acts of terrorism' from 'terrorists'. I wouldn't call the suspect of this attack a terrorist, because I think that word has adapted important connotations associating it with actual terrorist groups. But it's fine to call it domestic terrorism as long as we're all aware of this caveat, I just wouldn't do it because I think you run a slippery slope of convoluting these two things as the same.
You haven't actually clarified anything here?

Can I assume then that you would not considered such things terrorism if done by an American Muslim? After all the franchise model of terrorism learnt by Bin Laden through his experiences with the American govt and the CIA is exactly designed to produce these types of killings.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

An America citizen was assassinated in broad daylight by a Nazi.
~ Van Jones ~
August 12, 2017

Walker

Post by Walker »

Police Stood By As Mayhem Mounted in Charlottesville

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pol ... 9642977f9c