Truman's folly

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Truman's folly

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I know you think you are 'deep' but meaningless gobbledygook doesn't qualify.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:40 am I know you think you are 'deep' but meaningless gobbledygook doesn't qualify.
I understand, and sympathize. Nothing is easy until it’s effortless, not even understanding.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:57 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:40 am I know you think you are 'deep' but meaningless gobbledygook doesn't qualify.
I understand, and sympathize. Nothing is easy until it’s effortless, not even understanding.
Are you schizophrenic oops sorry, do you have schizophrenia? Not being rude but I don't think the medication is working. I'm just concerned.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:07 am
Are you schizophrenic oops sorry, do you have schizophrenia? Not being rude but I don't think the medication is working. I'm just concerned.
That’s not my bailiwick. Is that defined as a genocidal desire to destroy millions such as you’ve expressed, is it a chemical imbalance, is it evolution, or is it awareness of interdimensional beings as artistically expressed in the link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wLj3tgf6ds
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:07 am
That’s not my bailiwick. Is that defined as a genocidal desire to destroy millions such as you’ve expressed, is it a chemical imbalance, is it evolution, or is it awareness of interdimensional beings as artistically expressed in the link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wLj3tgf6ds
No, it's talking bollocks that only 'means' something to you.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:03 am No, it's talking bollocks that only 'means' something to you.
Then, denial of what means much to many, such as the lessons of Milarepa’s life and in particular those aspects of human weakness that cause wishing for others to die, a wish that you’ve expressed in wishing for the deaths of Americans, can serve as a self-referencing touchstone for the isolationist diagnosis that concerns you. Denial is a form of no. Those who say yes look for clues as to how, and with so many strewn about it should be a snap. To keep it more directly relevant to the thread, knowing where the buck stops nourishes truthful understanding devoid of delusional attachments, which likely allowed Harry a peaceful night's sleep.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:25 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:03 am No, it's talking bollocks that only 'means' something to you.
Then, denial of what means much to many, such as the lessons of Milarepa’s life and in particular those aspects of human weakness that cause wishing for others to die, a wish that you’ve expressed in wishing for the deaths of Americans, can serve as a self-referencing touchstone for the isolationist diagnosis that concerns you. Denial is a form of no. Those who say yes look for clues as to how, and with so many strewn about it should be a snap. To keep it more directly relevant to the thread, knowing where the buck stops nourishes truthful understanding devoid of delusional attachments, which likely allowed Harry a peaceful night's sleep.
Good luck in your studies of Milarepa. I hope whatever wisdom he possessed rubs off on you.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

To try to avoid a war that seems inevitable when the circumstances favour your side is stupid. Hitler could have been stopped earlier, and much easier, when Germany was still weak. All we have been doing with regard to North Korea is just like what happened before, with Germany and Japan. We need to crush them before it is too late.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Melchior wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:22 pm To try to avoid a war that seems inevitable when the circumstances favour your side is stupid. Hitler could have been stopped earlier, and much easier, when Germany was still weak. All we have been doing with regard to North Korea is just like what happened before, with Germany and Japan. We need to crush them before it is too late.
I believe, even according to the Art of War, going to war is the last resort and one of weakness.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

If we preemptively attack NK or deliberately provoke them to attack us, then the rest of the world is probably not going to stand with us. The only reason we have the power we do today is with whatever amount of cooperation world opinion grants us. If we act like assholes the world will take away that cooperation. A stronger kid can only beat a weaker one so long as the rest of the kids allow him to.

Circumstances right now DO NOT favor us. Thanks to the intervention in Iraq most countries are critical of the US and won't stand by us in an invasion of NK.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Overall, you are beyond my doubt a very intelligent and learned man, Melchior. But I'm not seeing the truth in what you are saying above.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Going back to Truman's decision, Melchior. War is NOT necessarily inevitable, as you stated. The truce on the Korean Peninsula has held up for over 60 years and I just saw an article today where China may have exerted some influence on KJU to get him to back down in his insane rhetoric. Apparently he has stopped. We ought to follow suit.

Wait and see what happens. Just because things aren't perfectly fine doesn't mean they're completely out of control either. War is NOT inevitable unless it happens in the future and none of us has a Chrystal ball. In the meantime we can do what we are able to prevent it. That's all any of us in the world can do. There is no "final solution" available that will make us all perfectly safe and secure.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:27 pm Overall, you are beyond my doubt a very intelligent and learned man, Melchior. But I'm not seeing the truth in what you are saying above.
What on earth has he said that gives you that idea?
vegetariantaxidermy

Melchior wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:22 pm To try to avoid a war that seems inevitable when the circumstances favour your side is stupid. Hitler could have been stopped earlier, and much easier, when Germany was still weak. All we have been doing with regard to North Korea is just like what happened before, with Germany and Japan. We need to crush them before it is too late.
What exactly do you mean by 'crush'? Is that like 'kicking their 'ass' '? You yank warmongers have such quaint ways of referring to mass murder and genocide.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:27 pm
What exactly do you mean by 'crush'? Is that like 'kicking their 'ass' '? You yank warmongers have such quaint ways of referring to mass murder and genocide.
Not really. Consider The Great War, which the US did not enter until very late (and probably unwisely). We actually have not been the ones guilty of 'mass murder genocide'. Try Japan, China, USSR, Nazi Germany, Holland, Belgium, the UK, etc. Not to mention Hannibal...
vegetariantaxidermy

Melchior wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:53 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:27 pm
Not really. Consider The Great War, which the US did not enter until very late (and probably unwisely). We actually have not been the ones guilty of 'mass murder genocide'. Try Japan, China, USSR, Nazi Germany, Holland, Belgium, the UK, etc. Not to mention Hannibal...
Ok. So you didn't read what I wrote. That's not unusual on here.