Truman's folly

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Truman's folly

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:39 pm Between nations, anyone who sincerely asks for mercy and meets the conditions, is deserving.

What are the conditions, Gary?

btw: you haven't answered the first question, whether or not you're deliberately obtuse.
That's pretty funny coming from you.
I'm sure many of the people murdered and/or tortured by military thugs beg for mercy. I doubt if any of them get it.
So you think the nonAmerican world should grovel to you and beg you not to annihilate everyone on the planet? You do realise that you will be annihilated too don't you? Kkkristian moron. When you buy shoes do you request that they stamp 'L' and 'R' on them for you?
Walker

Re: FYI Melchior

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:55 am Actually I wish someone would 'nuke' your evil, world's biggest pest bastard bugger of a country. The 'sacrifice' would save many millions of nonAmerican lives.
You’re the one wishing for the death of millions, twisted sister.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:13 pm You said:

"Between nations, anyone who sincerely asks for mercy and meets the conditions, is deserving."

I pointed out that we don't meet the stipulation of asking for mercy. If we don't meet the first stipulation then what does it matter whether we meet the following stipulation or not. Therefore I'm asking you if we deserve mercy. Do we deserve mercy? If we deserve mercy then is that to make an exception to your statement? Or did you perhaps mean to use "or" instead of "and"?
I can vouch for what I wrote, not your conclusions that lead to your questions.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:08 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:13 pm You said:

"Between nations, anyone who sincerely asks for mercy and meets the conditions, is deserving."

I pointed out that we don't meet the stipulation of asking for mercy. If we don't meet the first stipulation then what does it matter whether we meet the following stipulation or not. Therefore I'm asking you if we deserve mercy. Do we deserve mercy? If we deserve mercy then is that to make an exception to your statement? Or did you perhaps mean to use "or" instead of "and"?
I can vouch for what I wrote, not your conclusions that lead to your questions.
I see. Maybe what you mean, then, is something like "I have noticed that nations sometimes tend to give mercy toward those who ask for it and meet whatever desired conditions." The word, "deserving" seems a little out of place in that it seems to imply approval on your part of the way nations sometimes behave. I mean I've noticed that serial killers seem to kill people for the most petty and unjustified reasons. If I said "serial killers kill those who *deserve* it", then it changes the meaning of what I'm saying to sound as though I am justifying why serial killers kill people.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:55 am Actually I wish someone would 'nuke' your evil, world's biggest pest bastard bugger of a country. The 'sacrifice' would save many millions of nonAmerican lives.
Yours is the country that has caused the death of countless millions. You are the one who, as a kkkristian, is happy for your country to 'nuke' nonAmericans. So up yours, hypocrite.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:32 pm
Yours is the country that has caused the death of countless millions. You are the one who, as a kkkristian, is happy for your country to 'nuke' nonAmericans. So up yours, hypocrite.
It's not nice to wish for the death of millions, crude one. As a human bean you do have the capacity to exercise some measure of self-control, but I'd wager your control over nations is negligible.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:49 pm
It's not nice to wish for the death of millions, crude one. As a human bean you do have the capacity to exercise some measure of self-control, but I'd wager your control over nations is negligible.
How ironic coming from you. Or don't you count foreigners as human? You don't give a crap about foreign lives, so why should anyone give a crap about American lives?
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:12 pm Melchior, feel free to reply to my comments about your OP in my answer to VT's post. I'm up for dialog if it is constructive.

With you? No! Hell no!
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:20 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:17 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:55 am

Actually I wish someone would 'nuke' your evil, world's biggest pest bastard bugger of a country. The 'sacrifice' would save many millions of nonAmerican lives.
I'm sorry you feel that way, VT. A lot of innocent people here would be killed if the US were nuked. I assume I would be one of them. It's an interesting feeling to think that a forum member here essentially wants me collectively dead. Not sure how to take it. But I guess I'm not angered by it. You seem to be as frustrated with our leaders as I am. In the final analysis I guess we're all human beings and we get angry at world events and the propaganda we hear in our respective countries makes us disregard the lives of those we are told to hate.
It's not different from the Americans on here saying the 'nuking' of Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved 'lots (how many?) of American lives' (apparently they are worth more).
No, the Japs left us little choice.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

Please remember that this is about Truman, not the current situation per se.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Melchior wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:25 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:12 pm Melchior, feel free to reply to my comments about your OP in my answer to VT's post. I'm up for dialog if it is constructive.

With you? No! Hell no!
Sorry you feel that way. It's a shame that some seem to think avoiding constructive dialog is the answer to guarding contentious views.
vegetariantaxidermy

Melchior wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:28 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:17 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way, VT. A lot of innocent people here would be killed if the US were nuked. I assume I would be one of them. It's an interesting feeling to think that a forum member here essentially wants me collectively dead. Not sure how to take it. But I guess I'm not angered by it. You seem to be as frustrated with our leaders as I am. In the final analysis I guess we're all human beings and we get angry at world events and the propaganda we hear in our respective countries makes us disregard the lives of those we are told to hate.
It's not different from the Americans on here saying the 'nuking' of Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved 'lots (how many?) of American lives' (apparently they are worth more).
That's just sick. I suppose the Koreans will 'leave you little choice' too.
Melchior

Post by Melchior »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:47 am
Britain's greatest pre-war joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ienp4J3pW7U
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Melchior wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:53 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:47 am

Britain's greatest pre-war joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ienp4J3pW7U
Melchior, had Great Britain and France not been so heavy handed in the Versailles Treaty (completely unnecessary) there probably wouldn't have been a Hitler or a WW2 in Europe. Had there been no 9/11 the Bush administration never would have been able to muster support to invade Iraq and had there been no Iraq invasion and the following debacle there wouldn't be as much flak from other countries toward the US taking a stand against NK. Revenge and/or trying to "teach a lesson" to other countries with heavy handed punishment doesn't solve anything except incite anger and feelings for revenge. And there's no such thing as a perfectly safe world. GB and France thought disarming Germany after WW1 would make the world safe. It didn't. British hegemony was waning by 1930 and there probably wasn't much that could be done to stop Germany's rise. Chamberlain's concession may have been as much an example of buying time for GB to rearm as it was a sign of "weakness".

NOTE: Edited for clarity.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:42 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:49 pm

How ironic coming from you. Or don't you count foreigners as human? You don't give a crap about foreign lives, so why should anyone give a crap about American lives?
Neither did Milarepa hide from his hate. However, feeding it was much like building stone castles by hand, over and over.

The spontaneous voice of wisdom.
Khandro Rinpoche introduces Milarepa Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_36UK2p89U