Your call. What do you do?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Your call. What do you do?

Post by Greta »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:23 amA lot of assholes seem to have come into congruence in 2003. Just my "two cents" I guess.
I like that - a confluence of assholes :)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:13 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:43 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:30 pm
Can't really say too much about how that and if it's relatable because I wasn't really into politics back when the iraq war started. Although wasn't the concern from the US that they 'could' have Nuclear Weapons based on their resources and not that they necessarily 'did'?
Nothing like that. You'd have to look it up. Everyone knew it was a lie and an excuse to destroy another country. GB was just as complicit.
I know the gist and timeline of how it happened, but looking back on it years later and trying to delve into the nuance is difficult. Bush was interviewed in 2014 so that's where I was getting this idea from. He basically explained how he thought they only had the 'capacity' to have them. He could be lying here.

I'm sure this is a heated debate, but I'm having a hard time finding where the US thought Iraq explicitly had them, and weren't just seeking to make them.
How does his pathetic 'explanation' account for completely destroying Iraq? The US wanted revenge (and oil control--same old) after 11/9 and Iraq was the weakest target, even though it had nothing to do with that attack. People are so gullible and war-happy that Bush only had to vaguely 'suggest' Iraq was somehow to blame, and the public bought the lie. It's not exactly difficult to understand. The inspectors said there were no WMDs, but Iraq was attacked anyway. This opened the floodgates for radical islam and voila! You can see the result; the ME completely destabilised, and possible WW111 on the horizon. People have such short memories. It was one of the worst crimes in recent history to add to the many other crimes against humanity carried out by the US. The little creep Tony Blair seems to have a conscience and is slightly bothered by the fact that he conspired with Bush to destroy a country and murder millions of people, offering a wet 'apology'. Not so Bush though. I think he's too stupid to have a conscience.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:07 am How does his pathetic 'explanation' account for completely destroying Iraq? [snip]
I'm not saying I support the Iraq war, because I don't based on what I know about it. I was just pointing something out. I think the US should stay out of doing regime change in pretty much every conceivable situation. I'd prefer if we pulled out of the middle east entirely.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:24 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:07 am How does his pathetic 'explanation' account for completely destroying Iraq? [snip]
I'm not saying I support the Iraq war, because I don't based on what I know about it. I was just pointing something out. I think the US should stay out of doing regime change in pretty much every conceivable situation. I'd prefer if we pulled out of the middle east entirely.
It was hardly a war. Unprovoked attack on a much weaker country.
Walker

Post by Walker »

It will be interesting to hear the Prog logic blaming president Trump for the Houston flooding.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:14 pm It will be interesting to hear the Prog logic blaming president Trump for the Houston flooding.
It will be interesting to hear the Walker logic for how this is related to the OP topic
vegetariantaxidermy

Impenitent wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:59 pm put nuclear missiles in every American military base in Japan

when china screams, bring in more

what good is mutually assured destruction if you're going to be destroyed?

sooner or later we'll burn it all

-Imp
It's such a mystery why Americans are so hated around the world. Y'all are just so reasonable and rational.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:15 pm
Impenitent wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:59 pm put nuclear missiles in every American military base in Japan

-Imp
It's such a mystery why Americans are so hated around the world. Y'all are just so reasonable and rational.
jealousy is a beautiful thing...

-Imp
vegetariantaxidermy

Impenitent wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:10 pm

-Imp

-Imp
See what I mean? So reasonable and rational. It could only be 'jealousy' that could explain why y'all aren't so loved. I mean, your country is a veritable utopia.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:17 pm

-Imp
See what I mean? So reasonable and rational. It could only be 'jealousy' that could explain why y'all aren't so loved. I mean, your country is a veritable utopia.
that must be why we have a problem with attracting immigrants... legal or not...

-Imp
vegetariantaxidermy

Impenitent wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:15 am

-Imp
that must be why we have a problem with attracting immigrants... legal or not...

-Imp
You are hardly the only country without that 'problem'. And wasn't I agreeing with you? :)
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:58 am

-Imp
You are hardly the only country without that 'problem'. And wasn't I agreeing with you? :)
veritably

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

-Imp
Legal immigrants are not a problem.
Far from it.
They are proud to be citizens.
It's the pride that legally brought them here.

:D
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:30 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:14 pm It will be interesting to hear the Prog logic blaming president Trump for the Houston flooding.
It will be interesting to hear the Walker logic for how this is related to the OP topic
Oh good. I think the thread name is obvious, but we be can be inspired to openly SOC delve, as the balance to labor.

When it’s your call, and you’re wondering what to do, you do what you have to do. In the modern spirit of spin which will pin Trump to the disaster (although mysteriously there is no mention on this rain date), in the case of a poor Prog who must politicize the world, all bad must point to a single source. Namely, Trump. (The locus of Bush/Katrina is an interchangeable retrofit). In a subtler age it would not be so, but here we are now.

Naturally, this is merely a propaganda technique, at first. Since the mind is both sublime and literal it becomes interwoven with interpretation of perception, and when exposed to the conditions of Bizarro World the moorless nature of relative truth loses sight of the unmoving, the North Star, the absolute, that which does not change.

When truth shifts so quickly the highly intelligent Prog, keeping pace with a narrative, invents some doozies. Here’s the real irony. Relativists are merely closet absolutists. If a relativist truly did lose sight of the land, the moon and the stars, only the void would be, and with nothing but the void, with not even identity of what was, no mind remains unchanged. Any illusions that remain are seen as such with good humour.

But to return to the point. Progs cannot be relativists, not if they’re being honest, for I’m fairly certain you’ll agree that they do hold to a higher value than the chaotic randomness of events, for they hold at least against the willful steering of a Trump wherever that may go, for logic indicates that his charted course must be compared to an unnamed absolute in order to be judged as dead-on straight for the edge of the earth.

Be it unacknowledged religious or some other object held in unwavering attention, such as a life-improving project or a humane mission or an ideal of king cash via illusory political power cloaked in the foundation’s garb, the Prog does hold fast to a guiding light. If all else fails, ego is always eager to humbly step in as the real, as that which does not change, as the artist.

However, for a Prog it’s actually much simpler and the heavy guns from the assumed center of the universe, the source of No’s Concept existing as a phantom, need not be aimed. The concept can be easily understood via the self-image of Dudley Dooright played out in the dream around which the galaxy revolves, doing good for the world by any means necessary which includes the unsavory, a world ordering which includes a foil, the branding of gold.

The monolithilized force antagonistic to the righteous can thus exist as the dumping ground for the wrong, so that we as witness have the classic heaven and hell parading about in full sight every day.

This means that the question for you to answer as you must even if it be silence or a protest, a squeak or a judgment is, can you inspire with an answer of whether or not the spectacle of anti-Trumpism is calculated or biological?
Last edited by Walker on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:24 am

-Imp
Legal immigrants are not a problem.
Far from it.
They are proud to be citizens.
It's the pride that legally brought them here.

:D
I don't know why yanks are whining about immigrants. The US has really strict immigration rules. In fact the illegal immigrants are probably the ONLY immigrants. :lol: