What's the Proper Role of Religion and Politics?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Science Fan

What's the Proper Role of Religion and Politics?

Post by Science Fan »

During this last presidential election, I think, if memory serves me right, that the very first question put to the GOP candidates running for president, was whether God had spoken to them, and if so, what God had said regarding their campaigns. Not one of them claimed that God had told them Trump would win, at least everyone besides Trump, but all claimed that God was involved in their campaigns. Think about this? Not a single GOP candidate ridiculed the question, and pointed out that anyone who was hearing voices in their head, should not be allowed access to the nuclear codes.

In a past presidential race, the GOP candidates were asked if they believed in evolution. A large number admitted they did not, including Ron Paul, who was a medical doctor. In fact, Ben Carson, who ran for president recently, is also a medical doctor who does not believe in evolution.

This is a rather disheartening state of affairs. The GOP is wedded to promoting candidates who deny science and believe God personally talks to them. We are supposed to have a separation of church and state, and yet, in the USA, we are too often seeing people who are quite delusional running for president, and even winning the election. George W. Bush used to talk to God, and we can see what "great" advice God gave him. Bush was so unpopular because of his failed policies that no one from the GOP wanted his endorsement, because it was a sure kiss of death.

Many Republicans believe that God has chosen Trump to save America. Trump, who has been proven to be a liar, time and again, an admitted sex pervert who bragged on national radio that he intentionally walked in on girls as young as 15 so he could see them naked, during his beauty pageants, a man who admitted that he grabs women by the pussy, a man who takes charity money and uses it for personal gain, a man who ran a fraudulent university, a man who seldom pays his workers and contractors, a man who filed for bankruptcy six times, after inheriting millions to get his start in life. God chose him out of all the people God could have chosen? This is moral corruption on a bizarre level.

How much more can the USA endure of such religious insanity?
bobevenson

Re: What's the Proper Role of Religion and Politics?

Post by bobevenson »

The two most dangerous institutions are religion and government. When they are combined, you have the makings of an ammonium nitrate and kerosene disaster.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

I don't think anything good has ever come of blending government with religion. Unless, that is, one considers burning witches, persecuting atheists, gays, women, good things when done in the name of religion.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Science Fan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:06 pm I don't think anything good has ever come of blending government with religion. Unless, that is, one considers burning witches, persecuting atheists, gays, women, good things when done in the name of religion.
atheist purges in the name of the state are better...

5 million here, 5 million there...

-Imp

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/mo ... -the-ussr/
Walker

Post by Walker »

Impenitent wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:16 pm
Science Fan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:06 pm I don't think anything good has ever come of blending government with religion. Unless, that is, one considers burning witches, persecuting atheists, gays, women, good things when done in the name of religion.
atheist purges in the name of the state are better...

5 million here, 5 million there...

-Imp

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/mo ... -the-ussr/
Speaking of rotten business, there’s also the matter of secular, government schooling. The transgressions of the priests and brothers pale in comparison to the numbers transgressed by teachers often just a few years older than the students, since children are warehoused until full-sized, not counting the ten pounds added on average for every decade that makes the size fuller. Why so long in school when it’s not like they’re learning a whole lot. Follow the money. More teachers required, more dues to the union, more political clout under the protective armpit of the Dems. The kids are ostensible.

Then there's the plain old corruption of greed in government schools:
http://eagnews.org/tx-school-district-b ... -moves-in/
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Science Fan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:38 pm ...question put to the GOP candidates running for president, was whether God had spoken to them, and if so, what God had said regarding their campaigns. Not one of them claimed that God had told them Trump would win, at least everyone besides Trump, but all claimed that God was involved in their campaigns. Think about this? Not a single GOP candidate ridiculed the question, and pointed out that anyone who was hearing voices in their head, should not be allowed access to the nuclear codes.
I agree, it's so outrageous. It's hard to know whether to be horrified or to laugh hysterically at our funky stage of development. Technologically advanced, yet we cling to superstitious notions like cave dwellers. We are cave men with nuclear bombs. I think our fate was sealed when men destroyed Goddess/Nature worship, in order to assert control and dominate everything, putting their vengeful war-loving god at the helm (through which they could speak in an authoritative voice and assert their own agendas). And we haven't woken up from that induced nightmare yet.

It really seems like utter madness to me... but I've always naturally felt lots of love for this life experience, so I try to keep a sense of humor about it.
Science Fan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:38 pm How much more can the USA endure of such religious insanity?
It seems like we're seeing in the current U.S. government just how much insanity and constant lying can be pushed through and normalized! Sort of like they're passing around the psychotic Kool-Aid, which makes agendas and the idea of "winning" more important than anything else -- more important than the sacredness of living, breathing, vibrating human souls and the planet. Many don't even care if we all go up in smoke, as long as they get to steer the ship.

But I think I see a "ratcheting up" of energies (on a greater scale), spurred by each other. Thaddeus Golas describes it as different vibrational speeds (which correspond to states of awareness), and slower vibrations will try to pull others to that vibration, while faster vibrations will try to pull others to that vibration -- making it all very volatile and intense as the efforts increase to resist the other. It seems to me that there are people who want to evolve forward, and people who want to remain where they are, and in the midst of all of it, the Earth is changing, and awareness is expanding. It's really an amazing transition to be witnessing.
Gustav Bjornstrand

Post by Gustav Bjornstrand »

Lacewing wrote:It really seems like utter madness to me... but I've always naturally felt lots of love for this life experience, so I try to keep a sense of humor about it.
... and to dance of course ;-)
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Walker: Those so-called atheist purges were religious purges. They were done by Marxists, and Marxism is a religion. It has its own delusional beliefs about a god --- Hegel's ---- including historical determinism. Only the superstitious believe that history is striving towards a specific end-goal. Don't confuse secular religions, which are religions, which do share in supernatural claims, with atheism, which does nothing to endorse such delusional claims.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Lacewing: You are right, we are seeing the normalization of lies, in a way never been done previously. This is dangerous. If one cannot speak truth to power, because those in power care nothing for the truth, then what good is freedom of speech?

I am not optimistic about our future, and I am not going to assume that peaceful elections shall automatically be occurring in the future.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gustav Bjornstrand wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:04 am
Lacewing wrote:It really seems like utter madness to me... but I've always naturally felt lots of love for this life experience, so I try to keep a sense of humor about it.
... and to dance of course ;-)
Of course. :D I'm fairly certain that I would somehow be able to dance even if I couldn't walk.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Muslims, Christians and Jews are actually worshipping Lucifer "The Son of Dawn", just go make a youtube search.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Right, because everyone knows that if they want reliable information regarding Lucifer-worship, the best place to go is youtube.