Why are U.S. citizens ignoring the 6% gain on GDP, by not nationalizing health care?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Why are U.S. citizens ignoring the 6% gain on GDP, by not nationalizing health care?

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:46 pm Yes, it would be proper for the government to set up a health care account for every man, woman and child. This account would receive an annual government increase, and could be used for everything health related, from a bottle of aspirin to a heart transplant. Upon death, the account would be added to the next of kin.
I see tons of problems with your scheme.

What happens if a person needs more than what is in his account?

If the account runs into a deficit, if allowed to depending on how you answer my first question above, doe a debt get passed to the next of kin, and what happens if there is none.

Your answers would likely look like, let the government take the profit or shortfall, but then you have what looks almost like a single payer system.

I hope you have a way around the conundrum I have given you.

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Re: Why are U.S. citizens ignoring the 6% gain on GDP, by not nationalizing health care?

Post by bobevenson »

People got along without health insurance for thousands of years, so on what logical basis can they demand it now? A health account for everybody, set up by the government, would not benefit anybody at the expense of somebody else. People would be responsible for how their account is used. Obviously, if money in your fund runs out, the government has at least supplied a minimum health platform without taking advantage of others. In answer to your other question, a fund cannot show a deficit. Like a checking account, the money is either there or it's not.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:53 pm People got along without health insurance for thousands of years, so on what logical basis can they demand it now? A health account for everybody, set up by the government, would not benefit anybody at the expense of somebody else. People would be responsible for how their account is used. Obviously, if money in your fund runs out, the government has at least supplied a minimum health platform without taking advantage of others. In answer to your other question, a fund cannot show a deficit. Like a checking account, the money is either there or it's not.
I see.

So if someone needs a blood transfusion and cannot pay for it, let him die is your best recommendation.

You might remember that J Ws were found guilty of murder for that.

Thanks for showing us all how you do not follow the Golden Rule.

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I don't know what you mean by the golden rule as though that has something to do with anything. If people want to help other people, that's fine and laudable, but I guess you think it's fine and laudable for the government to act like the mafia and force people to help.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:53 pm I don't know what you mean by the golden rule as though that has something to do with anything. If people want to help other people, that's fine and laudable, but I guess you think it's fine and laudable for the government to act like the mafia and force people to help.
If your people did not want the type of government you have, then that should not elect it.

You say doing unto other is good, yet when your government puts a law in place that does, you squawk your immoral garbage that goes against it.

I live under a government run health care and it is where I am not and is thus able to do unto others for me thanks to logistics.

Why do you not want to do what you call laudable?

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

It's laudable for you to take money out of your own pocket to help others, but it's criminal to take it out of mine, and unfortunately, you don't seem to understand the difference.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:01 pm It's laudable for you to take money out of your own pocket to help others, but it's criminal to take it out of mine, and unfortunately, you don't seem to understand the difference.
I am not doing that.

The government your people elected to do that is who is doing it.

You are the one not liking that your government represents those who wish to follow the Golden Rule that you said was laudable.

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, you're basically just a goddamn criminal who thinks you can erase the crime by having the government do your dirty work!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:32 pm Please, you're basically just a goddamn criminal who thinks you can erase the crime by having the government do your dirty work!
I begin to agree with all here who think you are an idiot.

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:58 pm
bobevenson wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:32 pm Please, you're basically just a goddamn criminal who thinks you can erase the crime by having the government do your dirty work!
I begin to agree with all here who think you are an idiot.

Regards
DL
Don't like being called a criminal, huh, but what do you call a person who supports the government forcibly taking money out of my pocket to give to someone else, criminal-in-waiting?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:06 pm Why are U.S. citizens ignoring the 6% gain on GDP, by not nationalizing health care?

Statistics show that the average U.S. citizen pays considerably more for their, --- bankruptcy creating inhumane medical system, --- than other countries who have nationalized health care. The gain in GDP is around 3%.

It follows economies of scale gains are likely to be about 3%. If a penny saved is a penny earned, I am justified in saying that there would be a 6% saving to the average U.S. citizen.

Why are Americans wasting such a huge amount of gains, when going single payer could bring such a huge gain to each American?

I ask all my Yankee friends; what the hell? Recognize that single payer, pays great dividends.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/hea ... countries/

Regards
DL
American citizens are not ignoring anything. Mostly they are already ignorant of most of what goes on.
But the fact remains, that it is NOT US citizens that get to decide any matters of public policy. Vested interests decide what kind of health care system is implemented in the US, and since the insurance company lobby is stronger that popular democracy, the interests of the insurance companies pushes policies that enrich itself.

On a direct comparison between the UK's NHS and the US ObamaCare, the US system pays between 15-20% more money to fund insurance company jobs before a doctor or nurse is paid; a hospital is built or a single pill is prescribed.

Unless US health is fully nationalised is is going to be up to 20% more expensive to offer.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:44 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:06 pm Why are U.S. citizens ignoring the 6% gain on GDP, by not nationalizing health care?

Statistics show that the average U.S. citizen pays considerably more for their, --- bankruptcy creating inhumane medical system, --- than other countries who have nationalized health care. The gain in GDP is around 3%.

It follows economies of scale gains are likely to be about 3%. If a penny saved is a penny earned, I am justified in saying that there would be a 6% saving to the average U.S. citizen.

Why are Americans wasting such a huge amount of gains, when going single payer could bring such a huge gain to each American?

I ask all my Yankee friends; what the hell? Recognize that single payer, pays great dividends.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/hea ... countries/

Regards
DL
American citizens are not ignoring anything. Mostly they are already ignorant of most of what goes on.
But the fact remains, that it is NOT US citizens that get to decide any matters of public policy. Vested interests decide what kind of health care system is implemented in the US, and since the insurance company lobby is stronger that popular democracy, the interests of the insurance companies pushes policies that enrich itself.

On a direct comparison between the UK's NHS and the US ObamaCare, the US system pays between 15-20% more money to fund insurance company jobs before a doctor or nurse is paid; a hospital is built or a single pill is prescribed.

Unless US health is fully nationalised is is going to be up to 20% more expensive to offer.
Well thought out and I agree that the U.S. voter has no power against your oligarch owners.

Where in hell is the man who shot Liberty Valance attitude that seeks justice for the American public?

Regards
DL