Paris Climate Accord

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Paris Climate Accord

Post by bobevenson »

Anything that virtually all the countries in the world agree upon except the United States is inherently wrong, and by the way, you can double down if one of those countries is Zimbabwe!
ken

Re: Paris Climate Accord

Post by ken »

bobevenson wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:31 pm Anything that virtually all the countries in the world agree upon except the United States is inherently wrong, and by the way, you can double down if one of those countries is Zimbabwe!
Thanks for your very wise advice bob. You must be very proud of yourself and your very insightful world views. You must be the prophet you claim to be.

I had previously thought that it was the human beings, who lived in different countries, that agreed upon things, but now, thanks to you, I have learned that it is the countries, themselves, that make agreements. You have also advised us that it is only the country of the united states that is able to know what is inherently right in the Universe.

I am sure you could also explain in much greater detail how all the countries on earth, besides the united states of course, are not able to know what is inherently right?

Prophet bob how is it that the country of the united states is able to know, for sure, what is inherently right?
Gustav Bjornstrand

Post by Gustav Bjornstrand »

Bob has not ever been wrong. I leave for a while, I come back, and no one here has yet understood anything. I do not know what to think. This is really very frustrating.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

ken wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:28 pm
bobevenson wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:31 pm Anything that virtually all the countries in the world agree upon except the United States is inherently wrong, and by the way, you can double down if one of those countries is Zimbabwe!
Thanks for your very wise advice bob. You must be very proud of yourself and your very insightful world views. You must be the prophet you claim to be.

I had previously thought that it was the human beings, who lived in different countries, that agreed upon things, but now, thanks to you, I have learned that it is the countries, themselves, that make agreements. You have also advised us that it is only the country of the united states that is able to know what is inherently right in the Universe.

I am sure you could also explain in much greater detail how all the countries on earth, besides the united states of course, are not able to know what is inherently right?

Prophet bob how is it that the country of the united states is able to know, for sure, what is inherently right?
I appreciate your wise support, and I guess the answer to your question is that the only prophet since John on the isle of Patmos, who wrote the book of Revelation, is Bob the Baptist, who wrote "The Ouzo Prophecy" in the USA city of Cincinnati.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Gustav Bjornstrand wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:49 pm Bob has not ever been wrong. I leave for a while, I come back, and no one here has yet understood anything. I do not know what to think. This is really very frustrating.
You should feel free to fuck off again.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Bob is relying on a fallacy. The truth of a proposition does not depend on the number of people who believe in it.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

What's tragic is that the president of the USA is currently a conspiracy-theorist and science-denier. As if facts can be ignored and replaced by political beliefs? While Trump can bury his head in the sand and deny climate change, the planet shall continue to warm up regardless of any rhetoric coming out of Trump.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Science Fan wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:23 am What's tragic is that the president of the USA is currently a conspiracy-theorist and science-denier. As if facts can be ignored and replaced by political beliefs? While Trump can bury his head in the sand and deny climate change, the planet shall continue to warm up regardless of any rhetoric coming out of Trump.
I'd like to congratulate you on successfully completing an entire paragraph without a single occurrence of the word "fallacy".
Walker

Post by Walker »

When are they going to have the Terrorist Accord?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Science Fan wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:35 am The truth of a proposition does not depend on the number of people who believe in it.
Thank you for your support of "The Ouzo Prophecy."
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

I showed no such support for any alleged prophecy. I'm not even aware of what that alleged prophecy even is, nor do I care to waste my time finding out. I don't believe in prophecy.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Science Fan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:57 pm I showed no such support for any alleged prophecy. I'm not even aware of what that alleged prophecy even is, nor do I care to waste my time finding out. I don't believe in prophecy.
But like you said, "The truth of a proposition does not depend on the number of people who believe in it."
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Stating that the truth of a proposition does not depend on the number of people who believe in it does not in any way support any so-called prophecy. In fact, just the opposite: After all, the statement is stating that the people who believe in the prophecy may very well be wrong, because belief in the prophecy would not be rational support for the accuracy of the alleged prophecy.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Science Fan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:16 pm You state that the people who believe in the prophecy may very well be wrong because belief in the prophecy would not be rational support for the accuracy of the alleged prophecy.
However, just like a wise Ouzo player depends on understanding the ploys and artifices of each and every player, similar attributes are necessary to evaluate "The Ouzo Prophecy."
Last edited by bobevenson on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.