We're not at war with Islam?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: We're not at war with Islam?

Post by Gary Childress »

bobevenson wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 4:13 pm Please, the entire world is under attack by Muslim extremists! And I guarantee you this, if there were a terrorist Christian group like ISIS, there would be an outcry of Christians everywhere. When have you ever heard a peep out of peaceful Muslims? I think it's because they give tacit support to anybody faithfully following the Quran even if he's a terrorist!
Maybe I'm mistaken but hasn't ISIS been pretty harsh toward many other Muslims too. I don't follow what goes on in the Muslim world very closely but I was under the impression that many Muslims are VERY critical of ISIS because ISIS is just as likely to kill them too.

Regarding Christian groups; there was a church that picketed the funeral of victims killed at the Pulse shooting in Orlando, Florida last year. If you aren't aware of the event a Muslim with an assault rifle opened fire in a gay bar called "Pulse" here in Orlando last spring, killing about 50 people at the bar. One Christian church (forget the name now) picketed the funeral services because they thought the victims, being gay, deserved what they got. I don't remember hearing too much outcry against the church that picketed the funeral from many other churches. It was probably brushed off as their choice to practice Christianity as they saw fit or something.

How many Christian churches actively protested when the US invaded Iraq, killing many Muslims in the process? Might that be similar to the way Muslims may not be so concerned about how fellow Muslims treat others?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 4:17 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 3:42 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 11:42 pm

You act like you have a hard-on for the US since you talk about my great country so much. Telling me what to do will be ignored since I have freedom in this country.

"I don't know why retarded people have to come on this site." Yes, why do you come to this site?

PhilX
Isn't that funny, since MY country is consistently at the top of the list in practically every positive category you can think of (including 'freedom') with even the city I live in just being named the best in the world. Isn't it ironic that I probably have more right than anyone to say that I live in the 'greatest country', yet no one here would ever dream of saying such a thing. Hmm. Perhaps that's what makes your country so inferior. You spend all your time boasting about how great you are to anyone who will listen. I don't think your country is at the top in anything, except perhaps obesity and military spending.
What's even funnier is you haven't named your country and you're already known to deliberately make up lies so you haven't proven anything. My country has been around for over 200 years. How long has yours been around? The reason why you don't think my country is at the top is because you're prejudiced against Americans. I would imagine your country is a pipsqueak compared to mine. That's a reason why you won't say what country you're from.

PhilX
What 'lie'? Who the fuck are you to call me a liar? If you had anything bigger than a peanut rolling around in your skull you would be able to think occasionally. Why are you so desperate to know where I'm from? Are you going to put it in that file you keep on me?
Some people don't feel the need to mention their country in practically every post, unlike yanks who for some strange reason seem to be terribly proud of where they are from and think everyone else is terribly impressed by it. It's just a shame that you came back instead of Hobbes.
mc.jpg
mc.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 4672 times
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:55 am

Isn't that funny, since MY country is consistently at the top of the list in practically every positive category you can think of (including 'freedom') with even the city I live in just being named the best in the world. Isn't it ironic that I probably have more right than anyone to say that I live in the 'greatest country', yet no one here would ever dream of saying such a thing. Hmm. Perhaps that's what makes your country so inferior. You spend all your time boasting about how great you are to anyone who will listen. I don't think your country is at the top in anything, except perhaps obesity and military spending.
What's even funnier is you haven't named your country and you're already known to deliberately make up lies so you haven't proven anything. My country has been around for over 200 years. How long has yours been around? The reason why you don't think my country is at the top is because you're prejudiced against Americans. I would imagine your country is a pipsqueak compared to mine. That's a reason why you won't say what country you're from.

PhilX
What 'lie'? Who the fuck are you to call me a liar? If you had anything bigger than a peanut rolling around in your skull you would be able to think occasionally. Why are you so desperate to know where I'm from? I've heard you are a snooping little sneak who keeps files on members. Some people don't feel the need to mention their country in practically every post, unlike yanks who for some strange reason seem to be terribly proud of where they are from and think everyone else is terribly impressed by it. mc.jpg
Who the fuck am I to call you a liar? Saying that you lie and calling you a liar are two different things. Why are you so desperate to keep your country a secret? I'm proud to say that I'm from the US. Now what country are you proud to say you're from? You've heard I'm a snooping little sneak who likes to keep files on members. What a laugh. :lol: You're not worth the bother to keep a file on, neither you nor that shithole of a country that you're from. The Yanks have plenty to be proud of, so much that people love to get into our country that Trump has to erect a wall to keep out.

So keep on shaking that puny brain of yours. Maybe you'll smarten up some day and straighten yourself out.

PhilX
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

PhilX
What 'lie'? Who the fuck are you to call me a liar? If you had anything bigger than a peanut rolling around in your skull you would be able to think occasionally. Why are you so desperate to know where I'm from? I've heard you are a snooping little sneak who keeps files on members. Some people don't feel the need to mention their country in practically every post, unlike yanks who for some strange reason seem to be terribly proud of where they are from and think everyone else is terribly impressed by it. mc.jpg
As a "yank" I personally don't expect anyone to be "impressed" by me being open about being from the US. (In fact I've become pretty accustomed to getting flak for it on forums comprised of people from many nationalities like this one.) Honestly, I'm open about it because it just doesn't occur to me as something I ought to hide or be secretive about and that goes double for if someone were to ask me directly what country I was from.

With all due respect, I've never met anyone on the Internet who was as paranoid and defensive about people asking what country they are from, especially when they are going by a screen name and not their real one. If you don't want people to ask you what country you are from, then maybe you shouldn't be insulting others and raking them over the coals for what country they are from? I mean, it's a pretty common and normal human reaction when others throw dirt at someone's country for those offended to ask what country their attacker comes from. Otherwise people might (understandably) suspect you are hiding where you are from because you are being hypocritical. If you are from such a wonderful country that is so much more pious than the US, why get so defensive? Why not share it? Set an example for the rest of us sorry sods. Then you can really rub our noses in it!
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 8:09 am

PhilX
As a "yank" I personally don't expect anyone to be "impressed" by me being open about being from the US. (In fact I've become pretty accustomed to getting flak for it on forums comprised of people from many nationalities like this one.) Honestly, I'm open about it because it just doesn't occur to me as something I ought to hide or be secretive about and that goes double for if someone were to ask me directly what country I was from.

With all due respect, I've never met anyone on the Internet who was as paranoid and defensive about people asking what country they are from, especially when they are going by a screen name and not their real one. If you don't want people to ask you what country you are from, then maybe you shouldn't be insulting others and raking them over the coals for what country they are from? I mean, it's a pretty common and normal human reaction when others throw dirt at someone's country for those offended to ask what country their attacker comes from. Otherwise people might (understandably) suspect you are hiding where you are from because you are being hypocritical. If you are from such a wonderful country that is so much more pious than the US, why get so defensive? Why not share it? Set an example for the rest of us sorry sods. Then you can really rub our noses in it!
That's garbage. Asking people personal questions on the internet is the height of rudeness, but as yanks are the rudest people on the planet that obviously means nothing to them. Nothing about me is any of the business of a retarded little yank dweeb like PE. He's the one always boasting about having the 'greatest country'. I have no reason or obligation to say anything about me or where I am from. I haven't exactly kept it a secret anyway. There are a few on here who actually DO have a brain who have a pretty good idea.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 8:44 am

That's garbage. Asking people personal questions on the internet is the height of rudeness, but as yanks are the rudest people on the planet that obviously means nothing to them. Nothing about me is any of the business of a retarded little yank dweeb like PE. He's the one always boasting about having the 'greatest country'. I have no reason or obligation to say anything about me or where I am from. I haven't exactly kept it a secret anyway. There are a few on here who actually DO have a brain who have a pretty good idea.
Fair enough, I guess. But just for the record I think it would be more accurate to say that "some Americans are the rudest people on the planet". "Yanks" is sort of a rude way to refer to Americans and not all Americans are ruder than everyone else on the planet. I think you are setting yourself up for misunderstanding. You are in effect responding to what may be rudeness on the part of PE toward you by essentially insulting every American.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

bobevenson wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:22 pm America is King, you know it, I know it, and the rest of the world knows it!
That is a rude and inconsiderate thing to say, Bob. As a prophet, I should think you ought to know better.
Philosophy Explorer

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 9:15 am

Fair enough, I guess. But just for the record I think it would be more accurate to say that "some Americans are the rudest people on the planet". "Yanks" is sort of a rude way to refer to Americans and not all Americans are ruder than everyone else on the planet. I think you are setting yourself up for misunderstanding. You are in effect responding to what may be rudeness on the part of PE toward you by essentially insulting every American.
Gary,

She provokes every American with her retarded rudeness. She deliberately withholds information about her own country while attacking Americans, making up lies along the way. Do you notice blatant racism on her part saying that "...yanks are the rudest people on the planet..." Such prejudiced people like her have a mean streak looking to start fights. No Yanks are not the rudest people around, but people like VT are, the records will bear me out.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 11:56 am

Gary,

She provokes every American with her retarded rudeness. She deliberately withholds information about her own country while attacking Americans, making up lies along the way. Do you notice blatant racism on her part saying that "...yanks are the rudest people on the planet..." Such prejudiced people like her have a mean streak looking to start fights. No Yanks are not the rudest people around, but people like VT are, the records will bear me out.

PhilX
How was your month long cruise? What did you do with Hobbes? Did you get mad when he didn't want to share your cabin?
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:17 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 11:56 am

Gary,

PhilX
How was your month long cruise? What did you do with Hobbes? Did you get mad when he didn't want to share your cabin?
That's what you should ask yourself. What does this have to do with the OP?

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 9:42 am
bobevenson wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:22 pm America is King, you know it, I know it, and the rest of the world knows it!
That is a rude and inconsiderate thing to say, Bob. As a prophet, I should think you ought to know better.
Jesus Christ, Gary, it may be rude and inconsiderate, but you know damn well I am speaking the honest-to-God truth! Why is it that just yesterday President Trump had to blast all the other NATO countries for not paying their fair share of defense? Why should America have to carry the whole fucking world on its back, huh?
henry quirk

We're not at war with Islam?

Post by henry quirk »

Of course we are (with a particularly violent subset of it, anyway).

What I don't get is all the 'talk' and almost no action...it seems like this to me...

You live in a neighborhood where the feral dog population is growing...a number of folks have been injuried -- some killed -- by these dogs...after each attack, vocal folks in the neighborhood make a big show about how 'we can't let these dogs change the way we conduct our lives' and how 'we must be united', but not one person lifts a finger to ring the animal control folks, or to just pick up and carry a baseball bat when goin' out.

Animal control, of course, has a pretty good bead on the dogs but is largely hobbled in its efforts to exterminate them by animal rights bastids who make a big stink anytime anyone even thinks about killing the animals...'you're a speciesist!' they shriek.

So, the ferals keep eatin' babies and old folks, folks keep jibber-jabberin', nuthin' really gets done.

The Hebrews had/have a solution for this crap: 'If you know someone is coming to kill you, get up early and go kill them first'.

Seems to me: we're well past the crack of dawn on this, their intent is crystal, 'diplomacy' (bribery) has been tried (and has failed)...time to kill some people.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 3:42 am My country is consistently at the top of the list in practically every positive category you can think of (including 'freedom')
Freedom to buy a gun? No, you poor bastard, living under a tyrannical government too goddamned scared to let you buy a weapon to overthrow it!
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 3:24 pm Of course we are (with a particularly violent subset of it, anyway).

What I don't get is all the 'talk' and almost no action...it seems like this to me...

You live in a neighborhood where the feral dog population is growing...a number of folks have been injuried -- some killed -- by these dogs...after each attack, vocal folks in the neighborhood make a big show about how 'we can't let these dogs change the way we conduct our lives' and how 'we must be united', but not one person lifts a finger to ring the animal control folks, or to just pick up and carry a baseball bat when goin' out.

Animal control, of course, has a pretty good bead on the dogs but is largely hobbled in its efforts to exterminate them by animal rights bastids who make a big stink anytime anyone even thinks about killing the animals...'you're a speciesist!' they shriek.

So, the ferals keep eatin' babies and old folks, folks keep jibber-jabberin', nuthin' really gets done.

The Hebrews had/have a solution for this crap: 'If you know someone is coming to kill you, get up early and go kill them first'.

Seems to me: we're well past the crack of dawn on this, their intent is crystal, 'diplomacy' (bribery) has been tried (and has failed)...time to kill some people.
Oh my. What a country you live in. Huge great packs of dogs eating babies and 'old folks', rampaging feral hoards of muslims kicking down your doors, beheading upstanding Americans in their beds.....Golly. No wonder y'all have to hide, quivering and quaking, behind those gated communities.
vegetariantaxidermy

bobevenson wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:43 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 9:42 am
Jesus Christ, Gary, it may be rude and inconsiderate, but you know damn well I am speaking the honest-to-God truth! Why is it that just yesterday President Trump had to blast all the other NATO countries for not paying their fair share of defense? Why should America have to carry the whole fucking world on its back, huh?
Indeed. Destroying a planet is an expensive job, and everyone should be chipping in.