We're not at war with Islam?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Veg, the neighborhood I'm talkin' about is the friggin' world, you dumb, asperger-hobbled, bint
Last edited by henry quirk on Fri May 26, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Science Fan

Re: We're not at war with Islam?

Post by Science Fan »

I'm not sure what it even means to voice the opinion that "we are at war with Islam." What would it mean to "win" such a "war"? Would every Muslim who is alive have to be killed in order for us to win such a war? Would we have to force every Muslim to convert to another religion or abandon religion entirely? Would we have to ban anyone from speaking out on behalf of Islam; and, therefore, ban freedom of speech in order to win such a war? Would we need to burn every single copy of the Koran and Hadith collections? Is it a war against ideas that make up Islam, or against people who identify themselves as Muslims, or both? The fact that there is no clearly defined victory for a "war against Islam" that does not include either mass genocide against millions of innocents or the denial of basic civil liberty to millions of innocents makes me skeptical regarding the claim that we are at war with all of Islam.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Bob,

You're wastin' your breath...most of the folks here will not use a gun to defend or feed themselves even if sanctioned by their governments...they're a mostly domesticated lot...pets, really...so, do yourself a favor: pat 'em the head from time to time, tell 'em how sweet they are, feed 'em regular, and -- where applicable -- keep their litter boxes clean...do that and they'll be 'good'...you can even neuter 'em without complaint.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re:

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:14 pm Veg, the neighborhood I'm talkin' about is the friggin' world, you dumb, asperger-hobbled, bint
Oh. I didn't realise you speak for the entire world. That 'explains' a lot.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re:

henry quirk wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:22 pm Bob,

You're wastin' your breath...most of the folks here will not use a gun to defend or feed themselves even if sanctioned by their governments...they're a mostly domesticated lot...pets, really...so, do yourself a favor: pat 'em the head from time to time, tell 'em how sweet they are, feed 'em regular, and -- where applicable -- keep their litter boxes clean...do that and they'll be 'good'...you can even neuter 'em without complaint.
Are you just paranoid, or do really live in the most dangerous shit-hole on the planet? Do you think guns make you 'manly'? :roll:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

veg,

You're no spokesman either but that doesn't stop you from vomiting up grand assessments of nations, religions, etc.

If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me.

...and...

I am paranoid (doesn't make me wrong); the U.S. is not a shithole (least not compared to places where girls get their clits snipped off as convention); guns aren't manly, guns are just freakin' cool (shotguns specifically).
vegetariantaxidermy

Re:

henry quirk wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:08 pm veg,

You're no spokesman either but that doesn't stop you from vomiting up grand assessments of nations, religions, etc.

If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me.

...and...

I am paranoid (doesn't make me wrong); the U.S. is not a shithole (least not compared to places where girls get their clits snipped off as convention); guns aren't manly, guns are just freakin' cool (shotguns specifically).
Isn't it funny. You yanks get so uppity about the things I say about you, yet every single one of you reinforces the things I say, in practically everything you write. Of course, none of you will see the irony. Irony is something that eludes y'all for some reason. I am genuinely puzzled and interested in what makes yanks such a bizarre and irrational lot. Is it the water? Please translate 'freakin' cool'. It doesn't compute. I'm assuming it means 'a masturbation tool for those who are unsure of their masculinity and/or want to assert their social rating on the trash-o-meter'.
henry quirk

It doesn't compute

Post by henry quirk »

Of that, I have no doubt.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

tbieter wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 pm Should MI5 develop some death squads to execute preemptive strikes against men like Abede who are identified as probable terrorist attackers? What criteria should be adopted and followed to justify such killings? What about a utilitarian philosophical justification? If Abede had been taken out, 22 innocent people would still be alive.
Over here we tend to exercise something called due process of law that makes that sort of behaviour illegal and therefore rare, it's in the Magna Carta. I thought you guys respected that sort of thing in America, what with it also being in the 5th and 14th amendments of that constitution thing you guys all love so much.

It's supposed to be evidence of how civilised you all are.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

bobevenson wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:43 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 9:42 am
bobevenson wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:22 pm America is King, you know it, I know it, and the rest of the world knows it!
That is a rude and inconsiderate thing to say, Bob. As a prophet, I should think you ought to know better.
Jesus Christ, Gary, it may be rude and inconsiderate, but you know damn well I am speaking the honest-to-God truth! Why is it that just yesterday President Trump had to blast all the other NATO countries for not paying their fair share of defense? Why should America have to carry the whole fucking world on its back, huh?
It's not our obligation to carry the rest of the world or to tell them what to do. Let them do what they want. We're nobody's boss and we're not obligated to defend anyone else. We should probably just mind our own business and stop telling other countries what to do.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 8:46 pm It's not our obligation to carry the rest of the world or to tell them what to do. Let them do what they want. We're nobody's boss and we're not obligated to defend anyone else. We should probably just mind our own business and stop telling other countries what to do.
Right, and maybe the vegies on this planet will just kill each other off and let the AEP rule the world as God intended!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

bobevenson wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 10:20 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 8:46 pm It's not our obligation to carry the rest of the world or to tell them what to do. Let them do what they want. We're nobody's boss and we're not obligated to defend anyone else. We should probably just mind our own business and stop telling other countries what to do.
Right, and maybe the vegies on this planet will just kill each other off and let the AEP rule the world as God intended!
If the AEP comes to "rule the world" I may then consider the possibility that a god may have "intended" it. In the meantime I won't pretend to know the mind of any allegedly existing god.

EDIT: BTW: If what is, is evidence that God intends it to be so, then should we take the fact that the AEP does not currently rule the world as evidence that a god doesn't intend it to be the case?
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Stop being modest Bob, why not have the AEP rule the entire universe?
Immanuel Can

Re:

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:22 pm...most of the folks here will not use a gun to defend or feed themselves...
Pleased to be an exception. :D If it wasn't scared and running at some point, it ain't dinner. Vegetables are just decoration.
Harbal

Re: Re:

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:34 pm
Pleased to be an exception. :D If it wasn't scared and running at some point, it ain't dinner.
Why am I not surprised that you're the type that Gets pleasure from instilling fear into something before killing it?