Civil Rights

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Civil Rights

Post by Walker »

"What Ever Happened to the Civil Rights Movement?
Obama & Co. shoved it down the memory hole.
Myron Magnet
Spring 2017
The Social Order
Politics and law"

https://www.city-journal.org/html/what- ... 15126.html
Walker

Re: Civil Rights

Post by Walker »

City Journal wrote:“Trouble is, there isn’t that much racism festering in the nation any more.”
Wrong.

A video of a 68 year-old white woman recently surfaced.
- She was assaulted by black youths at a pool party.
- The racism is in the media, for this is not banner headlines by major media.

Had a video surfaced in which a 68 year-old black woman was assaulted by white youths at a pool party, the media would have fanned that into a summer of burning down the cities.

In this day and age, there is a possibility that the video was staged.
- The sense from watching the video, is that it was not staged.

However, even if it was, no matter. The media non-reactions are on the basis of the video appearing to be real.
Walker

Post by Walker »

One wonders at the "child’s" future.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 61884.html

No outrage from the media.
No burning cities.

Selective-racism, by the media.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Since when should a massive political movement be involved with an isolated incident? The civil rights movement was about legally sanctioned injustice against minorities. It was never concerned with isolated incidents, which are remedied by local criminal prosecutions. There is nothing inconsistent with a person supporting civil rights while not spending all of her time protesting against an isolated incident that clearly violates existing laws.
Walker

Post by Walker »

So what? The woman’s civil rights were violated by a criminal act. So were her human rights.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:56 am So what? The woman’s civil rights were violated by a criminal act. So were her human rights.
Why did you pick out that crime out of the millions of crimes that are going on every minute of every day? You might as well cite Myra Hindley and blame the suffragettes.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Why that one? Because it is a disgusting example of media bias and racism.

When media drops the story of youths at a white, segregated pool party body-slamming a 68 year-old black woman to the concrete and then hauling her over to the pool and throwing her in like a sack of potatoes, while she is tangled up in the leashes of her pet dogs, while everyone in the vicinity is getting a good laugh, then among all the millions of civil rights violations happening every minute as you say, that will also receive some attention. In fact as was already mentioned, I bet that such a story would not be dropped, as this one was.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:26 am Why that one? Because it is a disgusting example of media bias and racism.

When media drops the story of youths at a white, segregated pool party body-slamming a 68 year-old black woman to the concrete and then hauling her over to the pool and throwing her in like a sack of potatoes, while she is tangled up in the leashes of her pet dogs, while everyone in the vicinity is getting a good laugh, then among all the millions of civil rights violations happening every minute as you say, that will also receive some attention. In fact as was already mentioned, I bet that such a story would not be dropped, as this one was.
That happened to a black woman too?
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

It's a crime, like was pointed out to you by another user. That's not a civil rights violation. Civil rights violations occur when there is a legal discrimination against someone based upon a specifically protected classification, like those based on so-called "race." Being attacked by a bunch of idiots is not the same as a government making such attacks against people of color legal, nor is it the equivalent of legal authorities refusing to prosecute such cases. Isolated criminal activities do not mean that there is a civil rights violation. Moreover, like I stated before, the civil-rights movement existed to overturn laws that sanctioned targeted discrimination against minorities. Those laws have been done away with, and this isolated incident has done nothing to reinstate such laws.

You appear to me to be a racist grasping at straws. I'm not sure if you are a racist, and don't really care personally, just letting you know how your argument is coming across to me.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Science Fan wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:14 pm It's a crime, like was pointed out to you by another user. That's not a civil rights violation. Civil rights violations occur when there is a legal discrimination against someone based upon a specifically protected classification, like those based on so-called "race." Being attacked by a bunch of idiots is not the same as a government making such attacks against people of color legal, nor is it the equivalent of legal authorities refusing to prosecute such cases. Isolated criminal activities do not mean that there is a civil rights violation. Moreover, like I stated before, the civil-rights movement existed to overturn laws that sanctioned targeted discrimination against minorities. Those laws have been done away with, and this isolated incident has done nothing to reinstate such laws.

You appear to me to be a racist grasping at straws. I'm not sure if you are a racist, and don't really care personally, just letting you know how your argument is coming across to me.
You are a thick one, aren't you.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:30 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:26 am Why that one? Because it is a disgusting example of media bias and racism.

Exactly the point.
- Doesn’t happen.
- If it did, the racist press would fan the flames.

Criminal Civil Rights Violation Law and Legal Definition
https://definitions.uslegal.com/c/crimi ... violation/
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Exactly the point.
- Doesn’t happen.

I think you are making too many assumptions. I don't happen to live in a racist hell-hole so I can't really relate to this.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:14 pm
Exactly the point.
- Doesn’t happen.

I think you are making too many assumptions. I don't happen to live in a racist hell-hole so I can't really relate to this.
You make a definitive statement, then in the very next sentence say you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Ceeripes.

The video speaks for itself, as does the original article.

I don’t live in a racist hellhole.
Where do you live?
You ever see a 68 year old woman body slammed like that? Commonplace, is it? Lovein on her, were they?
Think the same crowd would have done that to a black woman?

I think not.

In fact, it was a hateful, malicious, criminal act.

Now, if it had been a common street crime, like the racist moron up there is trying to pretend, that would be a different story.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:22 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:14 pm
Exactly the point.
- Doesn’t happen.

You make a definitive statement, then in the very next sentence say you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Ceeripes.

The video speaks for itself, as does the original article.

I don’t live in a racist hellhole.
Where do you live?
You ever see a 68 year old woman body slammed like that? Commonplace, is it? Lovein on her, were they?
Think the same crowd would have done that to a black woman?

I think not.

In fact, it was a hateful, malicious, criminal act.

Now, if it had been a common street crime, like the racist moron up there is trying to pretend, that would be a different story.
I meant I can't relate to what you are getting at. We don't base news coverage on a person's colour here. And yes, it was a horrible and disturbing video. Your assumption seems to be that it would have been more widely reported if it had been a black woman being attacked by a white man. You think this would have caused riots? And you don't know what the guy was thinking. Why does everything in your country have to be about black or white? FFS. Blacks are quite a small minority over there. Look at the way they've been treated. Whining about the 'civil rights' of white people is a bit rich (and I'm not talking about an individual white person!). That video is of a vicious assault, and would be treated as such by the law (presumably). What else do you expect to happen?
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:36 pm I meant I can't relate to what you are getting at.
Then read with better comprehension and think before posting because everything in the thread already responds to what you just wrote.

So, rather than repeating over and over, if you would respond to what has been written, then that's called a dialogue.

First of all, you misrepresented the facts. It's not a black man and white woman. A big man was hamming it up for the camera like he was going to clock the woman in the ear, from behind. At least one person was yelling, throw her in. Another picked her up and ... Why am I telling you what's there and what you misrepresented, like you are a child and can't see straight, can't read? It's almost like, you're not from earth.

:lol:

Come on.
Last edited by Walker on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.