Civil Rights

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Civil Rights

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:48 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:36 pm I meant I can't relate to what you are getting at.
Then read with better comprehension and think before posting because everything in the thread already responds to what you just wrote.

So, rather than repeating over and over, if you would respond to what has been written, then that's called a dialogue.

First of all, you misrepresented the facts. It's not a black man and white woman. A big man was hamming it up for the camera like he was going to clock the woman in the ear, from behind. At least one person was yelling, throw her in. Why I telling you what's there and what you misrepresented, like you are a child?

Come on.
It's you who isn't comprehending what I'm saying.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:53 pm It's you who isn't comprehending what I'm saying.
I hear you.

You're looking at humanity, not humans.
VT wrote:What else do you expect to happen?
To repeat, the media in the U.S., because it is mostly Progressive, is racist. The reasoning has been laid out.

What do you expect to happen as a result of your participation on this forum?
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:55 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:53 pm It's you who isn't comprehending what I'm saying.
I hear you.

You're looking at humanity, not humans.
VT wrote:What else do you expect to happen?
To repeat, the media in the U.S., because it is mostly Progressive, is racist. The reasoning has been laid out.

What do you expect to happen as a result of your participation on this forum?
Perhaps you should be more specific in your reasoning then.
Walker

Post by Walker »

That says exactly, nothing.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:22 am That says exactly, nothing.
Apparently it was reported in the media. What more do you expect?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Well, do you think that it’s possible for the media to violate civil rights? Or does your same answer apply, that you don’t live in a racist hellhole, for whatever relevance that is to the process of reasoning the data already presented.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:42 am Well, do you think that it’s possible for the media to violate civil rights? Or does your same answer apply, that you don’t live in a racist hellhole, for whatever relevance that is to the process of reasoning the data already presented.
The news media just reports news.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Hello Walker,
I'm not sure whether I agree or disagree with your position. I am not sure that I am understanding your posts correctly. In particular, by referencing Myron Magnet's historical commentary, are you saying that the demise of the Civil Rights Movement was what eventually caused there to be racism in the news media?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:06 am The news media just reports news.
But I think the suggestion is that the selection of stories to publish is subject to racism.
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:06 am The news media just reports news.
But I think the suggestion is that the selection of stories to publish is subject to racism.
You always have 'Fox'. Both sides whine about selective reporting. American agenda-driven whining isn't something I have much sympathy for.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:07 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:30 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:26 am Why that one? Because it is a disgusting example of media bias and racism.

When media drops the story of youths at a white, segregated pool party body-slamming a 68 year-old black woman to the concrete and then hauling her over to the pool and throwing her in like a sack of potatoes, while she is tangled up in the leashes of her pet dogs, while everyone in the vicinity is getting a good laugh, then among all the millions of civil rights violations happening every minute as you say, that will also receive some attention. In fact as was already mentioned, I bet that such a story would not be dropped, as this one was.
That happened to a black woman too?
Exactly the point.
- Doesn’t happen.
- If it did, the racist press would fan the flames.

Criminal Civil Rights Violation Law and Legal Definition
https://definitions.uslegal.com/c/crimi ... violation/
Why would the Progressive and racist press fan the flames?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:22 am
You always have 'Fox'. Both sides whine about selective reporting. American agenda-driven whining isn't something I have much sympathy for.
Your point is well taken and I agree.
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:27 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:22 am

Your point is well taken and I agree.
The thing is that I doubt very much if Walker especially cares about that woman, he's simply pushing his political agenda. That's what I find galling. Everything is about political persuasion, and nothing is about actual humanity or compassion.
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:26 am
Why would the Progressive and racist press fan the flames?
Two reasons:
1. If it bleeds it leads.
2. Since Woodward and Berstein the purpose has shifted from reporting the news to:
- Gotcha
- Advocacy
- Bringing down the big dogs, but only if they're of the other political party.

“The people who report, edit, produce and publish news can’t help being affected—deeply affected—by the environment around them.”

The Media Bubble Is Worse Than You Think
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ast-215048
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:34 am The thing is that I doubt very much if Walker especially cares about that woman, he's simply pushing his political agenda. That's what I find galling. Everything is about political persuasion, and nothing is about actual humanity or compassion.
Oh, it’s not at all about politics.

It's just that I have a natural aversion to idiocy.

Progressives provide so many examples.

Equating compassion and humaneness with Progressivism requires a double dose of doublethink.

Quotes from Progressive icon Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood:
http://www.lifenews.com/2015/02/23/7-sh ... et-sanger/

- “We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population.”

- “I accepted an invitation to talk to the women’s branch of the Ku Klux Klan.”

- “They are…human weeds,’ ‘reckless breeders,’ ’spawning… human beings who never should have been born.”

- “Birth control is nothing more or less than…weeding out the unfit.”

- “Human beings who never should have been born at all.”

- “I think the greatest sin in the world is bringing children into the world.”

- “But for my view, I believe that there should be no more babies.”