Drug dealers are just businessmen.

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Drug dealers are just businessmen.

Post by bobevenson »

They shouldn't be arrested, prosecuted or punished in any way by a tyrannical government.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Adults transacting with adults: yep, leave 'em be (but if I gotta pay taxes then they oughta too).

But...

Adults transacting with kids: another matter entirely.

My sixty-five year old neighbor wants to smoke reefer, shoot horse, that's his business (till, through some action of his, he makes it my business, then he and me have a problem), but my ten-year old (and yours, too) isn't a potential customer for that particular market, so that particular breed of businessman (along with a whole whack of others) should peddle his wares down the road (to my sixty-five year old neighbor).
Arising_uk

Re: Drug dealers are just businessmen.

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:They shouldn't be arrested, prosecuted or punished in any way by a tyrannical government.
You're right. Drugs should be legalized and taxed thereby putting the 'dealers' out of business, driving down costs, improving quality and allowing education and controls to be put in place with respect to the minor and the hard of thought.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Sorry, the only proper form of taxation is a single tax on property, property being defined as anything with intrinsic market value. And there can be no property exemptions or discriminatory taxes of any kind.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

*yawn*
wtf

Post by wtf »

Wouldn't be a supply if there weren't a demand. Legalize it all, put the dealers and the drug warriors out of business, transfer the massive savings into treatment. We already have laws against impaired driving and such. Drunks kill hundreds of thousands of people worldwide every year. You can buy booze on any streetcorner in most countries. That's why sane observers call the war on drugs the war on *some* drugs.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:*yawn*
Spoken like a true limey!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Who was speaking?

I was just yawning about you cut-pasting your usual waffle for the umpteenth time.
wtf

Post by wtf »

Arising_uk wrote:Who was speaking?

I was just yawning about you cut-pasting your usual waffle for the umpteenth time.
Is this font problem contagious? bobevenson uses size 125 and yours is 150. Are you saying you have a bigger font that he does?
Greta

Post by Greta »

wtf wrote:

Is this font problem contagious? bobevenson uses size 125 and yours is 150. Are you saying you have a bigger font that he does?
When Bob's around we have the font equivalent of an arms race. However, I am at the maximum of 200. Since that is unbeatable, the only move available to Bob is to make a virtue of his "restrained" and "tasteful" 125 point font as compared with AUK's tasteless 150 point or my silly 200 point effort.

For the record, I agree with most people here about legalising and taxing rather than banning, but the powerful alcohol lobby has so far proved too strong a foe. I do think politicians worry about people actually thinking too, because it's "not productive" and they might start noticing how they are being manipulated.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

wtf wrote:

Is this font problem contagious? bobevenson uses size 125 and yours is 150. Are you saying you have a bigger font than he does?
Well, we know Ms. Kim doesn't have a bigger dick!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

In your dreams!! :lol:
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, Ms. Novak wannabe, don't flatter yourself!