Show me where it says in the U.S. Constitution...

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Show me where it says in the U.S. Constitution...

Post by bobevenson »

...that American tax money should be spent to do good or meddle in the affairs of other countries.
Philosophy Explorer

Re: Show me where it says in the U.S. Constitution...

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote:...that American tax money should be spent to do good or meddle in the affairs of other countries.
For starters, the power to wage war and approve treaties are in the Constitution.

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, cite me chapter and verse on doing anything except defense and protecting our own interests. What the hell are we doing in Syria, huh?
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote:Please, cite me chapter and verse on doing anything except defense and protecting our own interests. What the hell are we doing in Syria, huh?
Do you approve of the chemicals that killed off the citizens?

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, we dropped atomic bombs on two cities, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians and maiming the same quantity of others!
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote:Please, we dropped atomic bombs on two cities, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians and maiming the same quantity of others!
Now you're talking about WWII where we were at war with Japan. Remember Pearl Harbor, the Bataan death march, the atrocities the Japanese committed? If the bombs weren't dropped, the war would have been prolonged with many more deaths and casualties.

PhilX
Last edited by Philosophy Explorer on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Please, we dropped atomic bombs on two cities, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians and maiming the same quantity of others!
Now you're talking about WWII where we were at war with Japan. Remember Pearl Harbor, the death march, the atrocities the Japanese committed? If the bombs weren't dropped, the war would have been prolonged with many more deaths and casualties.

PhilX
The Japanese didn't commit atrocities against civilians, but we did. I won't even go into the bombing of Dresden. It looks to me like that's America's specialty!
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote:
Now you're talking about WWII where we were at war with Japan. Remember Pearl Harbor, the death march, the atrocities the Japanese committed? If the bombs weren't dropped, the war would have been prolonged with many more deaths and casualties.

PhilX
The Japanese didn't commit atrocities against civilians, but we did. I won't even go into the bombing of Dresden. It looks to me like that's America's specialty!
Talking about atrocities, Japan did a number on China. Your history's fucked up.

PhilX
Walker

Post by Walker »

Metaphor:

Say you’re walking down the streets of a European city at night.
Let’s say, Stockholm.

You see some asshole slapping a woman around on the street.
She’s got some kids and the guy kicks them in between slaps.

And we’re not talking love taps, more like balled up fist.
You see that he is kicking the kids really hard.
In fact, he is kicking them to death.

With clear rationality you say, I can take this motherfu****.

And so you do.

Such is power and the flavor of reality in nations and folks,
when the battery runs down in the smart phone,
and there’s no one to call.
Philosophy Explorer

In regards to Dresden, the Americans and British had it classified as a strategic target:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden

So again Bob, you're blowing smokerings out of your arsehole.

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

bobevenson wrote:

PhilX
Talking about atrocities, Japan did a number on China. Your history's fucked up.
Add up Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Dresden, and you've got more civilian atrocities in three events that the world has never equaled.
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote:
bobevenson wrote: The Japanese didn't commit atrocities against civilians, but we did. I won't even go into the bombing of Dresden. It looks to me like that's America's specialty!
Add up Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Dresden, and you've got more civilian atrocities in three events that the world has never equaled.
Again your history's all fucked up.

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:In regards to Dresden, the Americans and British had it classified as a strategic target.
Yeah, so were Hiroshima and Nagasaki, you Satan worshipper!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote:Metaphor:

Say you’re walking down the streets of a European city at night.
Let’s say, Stockholm.

You see some asshole slapping a woman around on the street.
She’s got some kids and the guy kicks them in between slaps.

And we’re not talking love taps, more like balled up fist.
You see that he is kicking the kids really hard.
In fact, he is kicking them to death.

With clear rationality you say, I can take this motherfu****.

And so you do.

Such is power and the flavor of reality in nations and folks,
when the battery runs down in the smart phone,
and there’s no one to call.
But you don't go and murder their family, their neighbours, and everyone else who lives anywhere near them.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

PhilX
That wasn't the reason you retarded brainwashed drone. Bob is 100 percent correct on this. The US is in no position to take the moral high ground in any way, shape or form. Using the atom bomb was the most digusting act of a disgusting, immoral psychopath.
''strategic target'' Words that only a gigantic POS would use to manipulate imbeciles.