Muslims say; religious freedom for me, but not for thee.

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Muslims say; religious freedom for me, but not for thee.

Post by Immanuel Can »

Total war deaths by religious "wars" (generously calculated) according to the Encyclopeadia of War = 7%

3.5% by Islam

3.5% by all other religions (Hindus, Taoists, Sikhs, Zoroastrians, Catholics, Animists, etc.) combined.

Total war dead by Atheist regimes in one century - 148 million.

By vast preponderance, the biggest killer of human beings = secular ideologies (Nazism, Communism, Nationalism, Tribalism, etc.)
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote:Total war deaths by religious "wars" (generously calculated) according to the Encyclopeadia of War = 7%

3.5% by Islam

3.5% by all other religions (Hindus, Taoists, Sikhs, Zoroastrians, Catholics, Animists, etc.) combined.

Total war dead by Atheist regimes in one century - 148 million.

By vast preponderance, the biggest killer of human beings = secular ideologies (Nazism, Communism, Nationalism, Tribalism, etc.)
Over such a long time span, and with the growth of the modern population being so current, the numbers you have are not useful as they are not showing the number of deaths as a % of the population.

For instance, in the Cathars and the Waldensians Inquisitions, Christianity wiped out almost half of France.

Regards
DL
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:I am likely classed under that word as I hate the Islamic/Sharia ideology as it is a slave holding ideology.
If that law passes, I will have to turn myself in as I am guilty of hating those who live by the immoral rules and laws that are Islam and Sharia.
Right.

I have a "non-Islamophobic" solution, though. Guarantee everyone the right to follow conscience, but ban Sharia.

Don't hate the Sunnis, the Shia, the Sufis, the Bahai, or any other sect. Let any of them have their faith, and guarantee their right to do so. But ban any non-elective practice of Islamic Law. Ban Sharia once and for all. Constitutionally eliminate it from being incorporated into any governmental policy or law, and on the private front, make it illegal for a man (or woman) to force his family to practice it (unless they agree they wish to do so, which would not be force). In which case, live and let live.

Don't fight Muslims: fight Sharia.
Sharia means "law". and most of it is indistinguishable from everyday law.
IN the west law is decided by the state. Your idea is meaningless.
It's a solution for which no problem exists. All examples of Islamic sharia is voluntary in western jurisdictions.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:[

It's a solution for which no problem exists. All examples of Islamic sharia is voluntary in western jurisdictions.
Those honor killed in Western cities over the last few years would disagree with you.

Regards
DL
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greatest I am wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:[

Those honor killed in Western cities over the last few years would disagree with you.

Regards
DL
Changes nothing.
Murder is a crime. You are still talking bollocks.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: For instance, in the Cathars and the Waldensians Inquisitions, Christianity wiped out almost half of France.
You missed the worst one: the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre, in which my relatives, who were more like the Waldenses than the Catholics, actually, were killed and driven out.

But I'm not a Catholic. And your statistics are wildly wrong, even proportionally.

Even accounting for population increase, WW1 and WW2 were unprecedented in the disproportionate numbers killed. Add the Russian Revolution, the Soviet Purges, Mao's China, the Cultural Revolution, Pol Pot, Korea...

It ain't even close.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Greatest I am wrote: For instance, in the Cathars and the Waldensians Inquisitions, Christianity wiped out almost half of France.
You missed the worst one: the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre, in which my relatives, who were more like the Waldenses than the Catholics, actually, were killed and driven out.

But I'm not a Catholic. And your statistics are wildly wrong, even proportionally.

Even accounting for population increase, WW1 and WW2 were unprecedented in the disproportionate numbers killed. Add the Russian Revolution, the Soviet Purges, Mao's China, the Cultural Revolution, Pol Pot, Korea...

It ain't even close.
Somehow this justifies christian atrocities??
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

The mass murderer's of the 20th century or any other century, whether or not they were religious god believers, had their agendas and once in power proceeded to fulfill them. Religion in any guise would not have prevented or endorsed it. Theists only use it as a clause to justify how good they are in the eyes of god compared to the evil atheist. Aside which to think that these perpetrators were without religion is one of the myths of the 20th century.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Immanuel Can wrote:...
Oh...and you forgot Atheism. In one century, it killed far more people than all religions combined in all centuries. But somehow the facts don't count there, eh?
This again!!? It's not a 'fact' unless it's one of these 'alternative facts' some Americans have come to love.

No-one was killed in the name of atheism but in the name of communism and fascism and the fact that they did so attests to advances in technology and economic incompetence more than anything else.

Still, it appears religious conflict is back on the cards and it appears to be stacking up the numbers pretty quickly so lets just wait and see if the theists are these peace-loving critters IC claims they are.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote:For instance, in the Cathars and the Waldensians Inquisitions, Christianity wiped out almost half of France.
The St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre was the worst Catholic crime, killing by generous estimate, 10,000. It was roundly decried by Christians and others all over Europe.

By contrast, the collective record of Atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than the entire Catholic Inquisition. Historically, there is a 52% chance that any Atheist leader will kill at least 200,000 of his own people.

The worst Catholic leader does not even make the list of the top fifty Atheist murderers, if you rank them by numbers killed.

The Catholic actions were deplorable and wicked: I agree. And if we say that, then what does this say about the Atheist actions?

Just thought you should know.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Immanuel Can wrote:

It ain't even close.
Somehow this justifies christian atrocities??
It obviously is an observation, a highlight and a commentary upon how Christian bashers are so disproportionately, selectively, hyperbolic in their outrage, probably to fulfill some ideology or another.

As an idiom, it's abouts how folks walk around with blinders on and still can't see what's right there plain as day.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Immanuel Can wrote:...
The Catholic actions were deplorable and wicked: I agree. And if we say that, then what does this say about the Atheist actions? ...
It says they had machine guns.

IC is still failing to give the populations so that we can put his figures in context and it may well be that when he does he'll be right about the numbers but until then its just another facet of his religious agenda. Remember, without context its lies, damned lies and statistics.

But once more, unlike theism no-one was killed in the name of atheism and that is the difference.
Just thought you should know.
Me too.
p.s.
Still not hearing from IC how the recent 3 million odd Christian caused deaths fit in his stats?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:For instance, in the Cathars and the Waldensians Inquisitions, Christianity wiped out almost half of France.
The St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre was the worst Catholic crime, killing by generous estimate, 10,000. It was roundly decried by Christians and others all over Europe..
No it wasn't
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: It obviously is an observation, a highlight and a commentary upon how Christian bashers are so disproportionately, selectively, hyperbolic in their outrage, probably to fulfill some ideology or another.

As an idiom, it's abouts how folks walk around with blinders on and still can't see what's right there plain as day.
That's true.

As an aside, I often marvel that the secularists want to defend the men who historically and statistically, beyond doubt, have been the world's worst murderers, the Atheist dictators. Or how, say, militant Feminists are so ardent to defend Islam, which they cannot possibly fail to know is the most vicious anti-woman ideology currently in the world. Or that the Gay lobby so often sides with Palestine and hates Israel, when gay people walk free and do as they please in the Holy Land, and are hanged from cranes and burned alive all over the Palestinian territories...I ask, "What's going on?"

And then I understand: for most of them, it's not about goodness, or freedom, or about fighting rape or murder or oppression. Those are covers for the real motive. It's about dark, visceral, tooth-grinding hatred. That's all.

But what kind of hatred is so great that it loses touch completely with every value in its own interests, even such basic things as self-interest and survival? What kind of rage is so blind that they'll set their own house on fire like that?

And they say there's no Hell; but every day they stoke its fires in their own hearts.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Immanuel Can wrote:
And then I understand: for most of them, it's not about goodness, or freedom, or about fighting rape or murder or oppression. Those are covers for the real motive. It's about dark, visceral, tooth-grinding hatred. That's all..
I'm sure they would say the same is the true motivation of your own attitude to Muslims, atheists etc.