Muslims say; religious freedom for me, but not for thee.

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Muslims say; religious freedom for me, but not for thee.

Post by Immanuel Can »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Christians kill way more Muslims than Muslims kill Christians.
Do you know ANY history AT ALL? :lol:
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Greatest I am wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Muslims say; religious freedom for me, but not for thee,
because they're crazy! ;-)
I use the word immoral as it shows that they do not believe in the golden rule or reciprocity.

Regards
DL
Hey, how are you? Yes I agree. I don't care what anyone believes when it comes to religion. More power to them! But I draw the line at men acting as though they, themselves, are gods of wrath. To my way of thinking, they can only be crazy to 'act' so! To become that which one fears is absurdist!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote:I use the word immoral as it shows that they do not believe in the golden rule or reciprocity.
Actually, I can tell you they do have one reciprocity law. It only mandates that Muslim men are supposed to treat Muslim men equally as "brothers." Tellingly, there is no mention of "sisters," of course.

Beyond that, they have no such rule at all. In fact, the opposite: they have an active mandate not to practice "reciprocity," but to kill those who refuse Islam.

I'm glad most Muslims I know do not act like their doctrine tells them to act. But we'd better worry that some do. Ask the folks in Paris, New York, Westminster, Montreal...
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:I am likely classed under that word as I hate the Islamic/Sharia ideology as it is a slave holding ideology.
If that law passes, I will have to turn myself in as I am guilty of hating those who live by the immoral rules and laws that are Islam and Sharia.
Right.

I have a "non-Islamophobic" solution, though. Guarantee everyone the right to follow conscience, but ban Sharia.

Don't hate the Sunnis, the Shia, the Sufis, the Bahai, or any other sect. Let any of them have their faith, and guarantee their right to do so. But ban any non-elective practice of Islamic Law. Ban Sharia once and for all. Constitutionally eliminate it from being incorporated into any governmental policy or law, and on the private front, make it illegal for a man (or woman) to force his family to practice it (unless they agree they wish to do so, which would not be force). In which case, live and let live.

Don't fight Muslims: fight Sharia.
To way too many Muslims, they are inseparable.

Many try to separate the devote who propagates the religion from the religion.
I do not waste my time trying to do so as they are hand in glove and it is the gloved hand that has the sword that is swinging toward necks.

The religion does not swing the sword, the person does and it is the persons who deserve the hate and not the paper or words although they deserve their share of hate as well.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:because they're crazy! ;-)
I use the word immoral as it shows that they do not believe in the golden rule or reciprocity.

Regards
DL
Hey, how are you? Yes I agree. I don't care what anyone believes when it comes to religion. More power to them! But I draw the line at men acting as though they, themselves, are gods of wrath. To my way of thinking, they can only be crazy to 'act' so! To become that which one fears is absurdist!
Possibly. But remember, we are dealing with those who willingly submit to Allah, an imaginary God.

Hey, you might be right to say insane because of that fact but let me go back to giving you what I originally wanted to give.

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."
--Robert Ingersoll

BTW, I am as fine as can be. Thanks.

Regards
DL
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Immanuel Can wrote:Do you know ANY history AT ALL? :lol:
Do you pay ANY attention to recent news AT ALL? As the figure so far is at a conservative estimate about 1.3 million Muslims and could be up to 4 million Muslims dead in the last couple of decades. How does that factor in your history?

No, don't tell me, Americans and Europeans are not Christians.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote:
Immanuel Can wrote:Don't fight Muslims: fight Sharia.
That is true.

But "Islamophobia" is a largely-imaginary idea they use to make it liberally-unpalatable to criticize them or resist their advances on our political freedoms. It's an Orwellian propaganda term, not a term of information.

Put it this way: I don't want to give Muslims a hard time. I don't dislike them as people. I don't share their beliefs, but see no sense in restricting them as to what they choose to believe. I'm not a bit "Muslim-phobic." However, I have no problem being called "Sharia-phobic": in fact, I would take it as a badge of high honour. It would be rather like being called called "Cancer-phobic": it just shows that the person in question has an ounce of common sense and a normal instinct for self-preservation, along with a high view of human rights.

Okay: that works for me.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:I use the word immoral as it shows that they do not believe in the golden rule or reciprocity.
Actually, I can tell you they do have one reciprocity law. It only mandates that Muslim men are supposed to treat Muslim men equally as "brothers." Tellingly, there is no mention of "sisters," of course.

Beyond that, they have no such rule at all. In fact, the opposite: they have an active mandate not to practice "reciprocity," but to kill those who refuse Islam.

I'm glad most Muslims I know do not act like their doctrine tells them to act. But we'd better worry that some do. Ask the folks in Paris, New York, Westminster, Montreal...
Yes. If they all followed Islam and Sharia the way the right wingers do, we would have to annihilate them out of self-protection.

But do not forget that without the so called moderates and left wingers putting coins into the collection baskets, there would be no one to fund the right wing.

All of Islam must reform or face eventual annihilation.

No civilized word will or should tolerate a slave holding religion or ideology.

I hope.

We have shown un-deserved respect to religions like Christianity and Islam and I think we should recognize them for the poor moral and ideological systems that they are.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote:We have shown un-deserved respect to religions like Christianity and Islam and I think we should recognize them for the poor moral and ideological systems that they are.
Hmmm...

Christianity = the belief system that produced human right as a concept.

Islam = a religion in which only Islamic males have equal rights.

And you want to group them together?

Yeah, I know you think like that already, so I won't bother to argue with you. But you're evidently quite wrong to put those in the same basket.

Oh...and you forgot Atheism. In one century, it killed far more people than all religions combined in all centuries. But somehow the facts don't count there, eh?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Immanuel Can wrote:Don't fight Muslims: fight Sharia.
That is true.

But "Islamophobia" is a largely-imaginary idea they use to make it liberally-unpalatable to criticize them or resist their advances on our political freedoms. It's an Orwellian propaganda term, not a term of information.

Put it this way: I don't want to give Muslims a hard time. I don't dislike them as people. I don't share their beliefs, but see no sense in restricting them as to what they choose to believe. I'm not a bit "Muslim-phobic." However, I have no problem being called "Sharia-phobic": in fact, I would take it as a badge of high honour. It would be rather like being called called "Cancer-phobic": it just shows that the person in question has an ounce of common sense and a normal instinct for self-preservation, along with a high view of human rights.

Okay: that works for me.
We are an the same basic page except that you are more the quintessential Canadian than I am.

You care more about people and their feelings than I do.

I have tough love while your love is softer and gentler.

All I have is a criminal mind and delinquent attitude.

I love to love as you do, and can, but it has to be earned while you are likely to give your love for free.

I am a WIP towards your attitude but am likely too old to change my stripes, and really, I see too many like you get shat on as badly as I do sometimes by the so called good people.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:We have shown un-deserved respect to religions like Christianity and Islam and I think we should recognize them for the poor moral and ideological systems that they are.
Hmmm...

Yeah, I know you think like that already, so I won't bother to argue with you. But you're evidently quite wrong to put those in the same basket.

Oh...and you forgot Atheism. In one century, it killed far more people than all religions combined in all centuries. But somehow the facts don't count there, eh?
I see both Islam and Christianity as both being intolerant, homophobic and misogynous.
Both religions have also grown themselves with the sword, Jihad and Inquisitions instead of good deeds.

The Christian church fought women tooth and nail for the vote so to say they are the champions of equality would be a gross misrepresentation. If Christianity had not reformed, we would have had to annihilate it's vile and immoral ass.

Dawkins got this about right, yet Christians adore that God and you seem to think Yahweh deserves respect.

Tsk tsk, my fellow Canadian compatriot. Please rethink.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote:...as I do sometimes by the so called good people.
I'm sorry to hear that. Those "people" don't actually sound all that "good."

But on the subject of "the criminal mind," here's a bit of Canadiana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIjddye2JSA
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote:
Immanuel Can wrote:
Hmmm...

I see both Islam and Christianity as both being intolerant, homophobic and misogynous.
Both religions have also grown themselves with the sword, Jihad and Inquisitions instead of good deeds.

The Christian church fought women tooth and nail for the vote so to say they are the champions of equality would be a gross misrepresentation. If Christianity had not reformed, we would have had to annihilate it's vile and immoral ass.

Dawkins got this about right, yet Christians adore that God and you seem to think Yahweh deserves respect.

Tsk tsk, my fellow Canadian compatriot. Please rethink.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote:[

Sure it does, but that does not take away from the fact that the religious have been the vast majority till just lately and to blame secular forces for the majority of wars would not be kosher.

Our wonderful Gods of war have given us quite the history in the last 5,000 years.

We have forgotten that for 20,000 years before that, we lived in relative peace under the Goddesses.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:...as I do sometimes by the so called good people.
I'm sorry to hear that. Those "people" don't actually sound all that "good."

But on the subject of "the criminal mind," here's a bit of Canadiana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIjddye2JSA
One of my favorites.

The post below this one of yours shows you quoting me but has no comment.

If a glitch, please ignore it. If you had a comment then you may want to re-do.

Regards
DL