Muslims say; religious freedom for me, but not for thee.

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Science Fan

Re: Muslims say; religious freedom for me, but not for thee.

Post by Science Fan »

The point of this post is that Islam is intolerant. This is factually true. One can examine the laws of every Muslim-majority nation, and one will find that in each of those nations, non-Muslims have less rights than Muslims do. In the USA, a country that the political lefties bash like brainless drones, Muslims have equal rights. In other words, in nations like the USA, Muslims can live peacefully alongside non-Muslims, all sides having the same exact political rights. However, this state of existence does not occur in any Islamic nation.

A Christian walking down a street in Saudi Arabia while holding a Bible for people to see is committing a crime. How intolerant is that? Not only are these Islamic nations intolerant of non-Muslims, they literally cleanse them from their lands, through, at the very least, forced conversions. What happened to all the Christians in Lebanon?

It's a rather strange set of affairs when people are so blinded that they cannot even admit to the most basic facts of Islam --- that it is intolerant in a way that the western world gave up on long ago. Islam does not respect individual liberty and freedom of conscience. It never has. That is why it remains as a political evil in the world today.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:17 am [

Perhaps this just means that warmongering has very little to do with religion and very much to do with money, self-serving politics, and gullible drone populations.
True to a point.

You have to remember that the majority have always been the so called religious and to try to put most of the blame on the non-religious would not be accurate.

Look at any theology. They are based on hate and war. Not love.

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Science Fan wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:41 pm The point of this post is that Islam is intolerant. This is factually true. One can examine the laws of every Muslim-majority nation, and one will find that in each of those nations, non-Muslims have less rights than Muslims do. In the USA, a country that the political lefties bash like brainless drones, Muslims have equal rights. In other words, in nations like the USA, Muslims can live peacefully alongside non-Muslims, all sides having the same exact political rights. However, this state of existence does not occur in any Islamic nation.

A Christian walking down a street in Saudi Arabia while holding a Bible for people to see is committing a crime. How intolerant is that? Not only are these Islamic nations intolerant of non-Muslims, they literally cleanse them from their lands, through, at the very least, forced conversions. What happened to all the Christians in Lebanon?

It's a rather strange set of affairs when people are so blinded that they cannot even admit to the most basic facts of Islam --- that it is intolerant in a way that the western world gave up on long ago. Islam does not respect individual liberty and freedom of conscience. It never has. That is why it remains as a political evil in the world today.
+ 1

Our freedom is not compatible to the Muslim slave holding ideology.

Regards
DL
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Science Fan wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:41 pm The point of this post is that Islam is intolerant. This is factually true. One can examine the laws of every Muslim-majority nation, and one will find that in each of those nations, non-Muslims have less rights than Muslims do. In the USA, a country that the political lefties bash like brainless drones, Muslims have equal rights. In other words, in nations like the USA, Muslims can live peacefully alongside non-Muslims, all sides having the same exact political rights. However, this state of existence does not occur in any Islamic nation.

Can we distinguish between Islam and Islamism? The latter is politicised Islam so that a fundamentalist denomination of Islam is insisted upon and infringements of its laws are illegal. I doubt very much that the Ahmadiyya denomination of Islam can be politicised by an oppressive state. Apart from Islamism which is a tool of dictators Muslims are as reasonable as anyone else. True, Muslims who are recent immigrants tend to be members of a low social class without much money. Persons who are vulnerable tend to stick together according to ethnic and religious traditions that they have been accustomed to.

Not many of us here approve of the Saudi Arabian, or the Iranian, states. Islamic denominations don't cause oppression, but certain Islamic denominations might, like some Christian denominations, be used as tools of oppression by states.

Richard Dawkins, July 2017:
“I have criticised the appalling misogyny and homophobia of Islam, I have criticised the murdering of apostates for no crime other than their disbelief. Far from attacking Muslims, I understand – as perhaps you do not – that Muslims themselves are the prime victims of the oppressive cruelties of Islamism, especially Muslim women,”
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Except that the US likes to blow up their countries, and rather than being 'brainless', anyone with a reasonable intelligence is more than likely to dislike the US and see it as the hypocritical and evil poison that it is. This might be news to you, but every opinion is not automatically based on whatever it is that you yanks actually mean when you dismiss every opinion you don't like, especially when it involves criticism of your own 'greatest and most morally sound country in the world', as 'left'. It is quite possible to dislike your country without having a political bone in your body.
And seeing the calibre of Americans on this site (presumably the 'cream' of the crop) it's easy to see why the country is the way it is. A country is only the sum of its inhabitants. If most of them are moronic shit-heads then that's the way the country will be.
And btw, it's not muslim countries that are constantly attacking other countries and poking their big snouts into the affairs of every other country on the planet.
Those muslim countries you refer to (what's left of them) weren't always like that. You might like to do a bit of ME twentieth century history reading. I wonder what happened?