Would you regard most Hispanics (US) as white? black?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Would you regard most Hispanics (US) as white? black?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
This is perhaps where vegtax would do well to take a leaf out of Greer's book. GG was well aware of the possible negative effects of heroic drama when she slated the Lord of the Rings for being dangerous in times when our civilisation was setting itself against Islam so thoroughly.
What the fuck are you on about now? Why don't you just go back to your trendy Jew-hating and mediocre sculpture. That 'multicultural' hell-hole that your country now is didn't mind aiding and abetting the destruction of islamic countries. You are such a stinking, weasley hypocrite.
Get a fucking life. Your hero GG spoke out against LOTRs, if you don't know that then you are as ignorant as you are unpleasant.
Fucking idiot. You know, it is actually possible to agree with one, or even several things someone says without agreeing with everything they say, and without them being a 'hero'. I wouldn't expect you to understand that of course. So now you want to ban LOTR. You cunnts get more and more like Nazis by the day, just rather more insidious, covert, and disguised behind a phony veil of 'tolerance and sanctimony'.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: What the fuck are you on about now? Why don't you just go back to your trendy Jew-hating and mediocre sculpture. That 'multicultural' hell-hole that your country now is didn't mind aiding and abetting the destruction of islamic countries. You are such a stinking, weasley hypocrite.
Get a fucking life. Your hero GG spoke out against LOTRs, if you don't know that then you are as ignorant as you are unpleasant.
Fucking idiot. You know, it is actually possible to agree with one, or even several things someone says without agreeing with everything they say, and without them being a 'hero'. I wouldn't expect you to understand that of course. So now you want to ban LOTR. You cunnts get more and more like Nazis by the day, just rather more insidious, covert, and disguised behind a phony veil of 'tolerance and sanctimony'.
Just how far up your arse are you going to allow that bug to crawl?
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You are so far up your own arse that you are practically invisible. Just a tiny peep of a few hair follicles and a couple of cubic millimetres of brain tissue left. Btw, wasn't blowing up muslims a favourite hobby of your hero Tony Blair?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fucking idiot. You know, it is actually possible to agree with one, or even several things someone says without agreeing with everything they say, and without them being a 'hero'. I wouldn't expect you to understand that of course. So now you want to ban LOTR. You cunnts get more and more like Nazis by the day, just rather more insidious, covert, and disguised behind a phony veil of 'tolerance and sanctimony'.
You are so far up your own arse that you are practically invisible. Just a tiny peep of a few hair follicles and a couple of cubic millimetres of brain tissue left. Btw, wasn't blowing up muslims a favourite hobby of your hero Tony Blair?
You are going insane!
Greta

Post by Greta »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Harbal wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: I tend to call them all people, and treat them as such.
Yes, I'm often impressed by the way you treat everybody with respect. :D
I said I treat them as "people." Respect is due to those that are respectable.
Alfie, Hobbes is not saying he would respect them, just that he'd treat them all equally.

I doubt that too many of us much consider the ethnicity of others on the board. As MLK said, what matters is "the content of their character" (and on the forum, the content of their paradigms and ideas).

In the context of this thread and Hispanic concerns about stigma in the US, it would seem that the opinions of Americans here would be more pertinent than others. Have any Americans replied?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Greta wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Harbal wrote: Yes, I'm often impressed by the way you treat everybody with respect. :D
Alfie, Hobbes is not saying he would respect them, just that he'd treat them all equally.

I doubt that too many of us much consider the ethnicity of others on the board. As MLK said, what matters is "the content of their character" (and on the forum, the content of their paradigms and ideas).

In the context of this thread and Hispanic concerns about stigma in the US, it would seem that the opinions of Americans here would be more pertinent than others. Have any Americans replied?
Sounds like Hobbes is an equal-opportunity racist.

PhilX
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Greta wrote: Alfie, Hobbes is not saying he would respect them, just that he'd treat them all equally.
Hobbes' compassion for humanity only applies in the abstract, when it comes to actual people his tolerance is very conspicuous by it's absence. That's certainly the impression I get.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Greta wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Sounds like Hobbes is an equal-opportunity racist.

PhilX
ROLF - sounds like you are confused, :lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote:
Greta wrote: Alfie, Hobbes is not saying he would respect them, just that he'd treat them all equally.
Hobbes' compassion for humanity only applies in the abstract, when it comes to actual people his tolerance is very conspicuous by it's absence. That's certainly the impression I get.
That's the PC for you. You can blow people up, but you must NEVER insult them.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:So what? A lot of people can't help being fat either. Or strange-looking. Or any of the multitude of other things that people can be insulted about.
Did I say I want them to come 'into vogue'? If you can't grasp even the simplest points I make then there's really not a lot of point in you responding.
You're very confusing? You rant about the 'PC' world which you apparently wish to do away with but you appear to like the results, i.e. where it's not now acceptable social-behaviour to insult fat/black/strange-looking, etc, people. What is it you want?
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:So what? A lot of people can't help being fat either. Or strange-looking. Or any of the multitude of other things that people can be insulted about.
Did I say I want them to come 'into vogue'? If you can't grasp even the simplest points I make then there's really not a lot of point in you responding.
You're very confusing? You rant about the 'PC' world which you apparently wish to do away with but you appear to like the results, i.e. where it's not now acceptable social-behaviour to insult fat/black/strange-looking, etc, people. What is it you want?
Of course. Right. The PC were responsible for all of that :roll: I haven't noticed them championing fat people. Of course kindness is a wonderful thing. But the PC certainly don't have a monopoly on that. Quite the opposite. They will go with whatever cause they consider fashionable or which might advance them on the PC social ladder. It's mob thinking, not rational thinking. Where anyone who disagrees with their mob view of what is 'correct' is scared to say anything. See how readily Hobbes bought into the 'Khazar theory'. He even said it didn't matter whether or not it's true. They are as irrational and unreasonable as any religious nuts.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Of course. Right. The PC were responsible for all of that :roll: I haven't noticed them championing fat people. ...
You've not been looking then. In many schools nowadays the kids(at least over here) are much more tolerant of so many things that in my time were the subject of bullying, ridicule and even violence. I think PC(although very dubious about what this is meant to refer to?) was responsible for many of the changes in society with respect to racism, sexism, etc, although I think it becoming a little less in many areas as it seems to now be common to deride such behaviour, take you for instance.
Of course kindness is a wonderful thing. ...
Why should it be 'kindness'? That seems slightly condescending surely it's a social right for minorities not to be abused if we want a reasonably harmonious society.
But the PC certainly don't have a monopoly on that. Quite the opposite. They will go with whatever cause they consider fashionable or which might advance them on the PC social ladder. It's mob thinking, not rational thinking. Where anyone who disagrees with their mob view of what is 'correct' is scared to say anything. ...
Why are they scared? I hardly think such people would be a threat? Personally I'm happy that the old mob can't paki-bash so easily anymore or at least can't so easily publicly voice their spite without some censure.
See how readily Hobbes bought into the 'Khazar theory'. He even said it didn't matter whether or not it's true. They are as irrational and unreasonable as any religious nuts.
From what I understand this theory is that the Eastern European Jews are not actual Jews but since being an actual Jew is not to do with race I'd say that's ridiculous but I assume there is some truth that the Zionists from the ex-soviet union do and did have a different agenda form those who remained and those who came later from Europe(what were left of them that is). Given Hobbes says he is a Jew(or has Jewish parents) I guess he has his perspective.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Of course. Right. The PC were responsible for all of that :roll: I haven't noticed them championing fat people. ...
You've not been looking then. In many schools nowadays the kids(at least over here) are much more tolerant of so many things that in my time were the subject of bullying, ridicule and even violence. I think PC(although very dubious about what this is meant to refer to?) was responsible for many of the changes in society with respect to racism, sexism, etc, although I think it becoming a little less in many areas as it seems to now be common to deride such behaviour, take you for instance.
Of course kindness is a wonderful thing. ...
Why should it be 'kindness'? That seems slightly condescending surely it's a social right for minorities not to be abused if we want a reasonably harmonious society.
But the PC certainly don't have a monopoly on that. Quite the opposite. They will go with whatever cause they consider fashionable or which might advance them on the PC social ladder. It's mob thinking, not rational thinking. Where anyone who disagrees with their mob view of what is 'correct' is scared to say anything. ...
Why are they scared? I hardly think such people would be a threat? Personally I'm happy that the old mob can't paki-bash so easily anymore or at least can't so easily publicly voice their spite without some censure.
See how readily Hobbes bought into the 'Khazar theory'. He even said it didn't matter whether or not it's true. They are as irrational and unreasonable as any religious nuts.
From what I understand this theory is that the Eastern European Jews are not actual Jews but since being an actual Jew is not to do with race I'd say that's ridiculous but I assume there is some truth that the Zionists from the ex-soviet union do and did have a different agenda form those who remained and those who came later from Europe(what were left of them that is). Given Hobbes says he is a Jew(or has Jewish parents) I guess he has his perspective.
None of that has anything to do with political correctness. And you left off 'empathy'. Btw, bullying is more rampant than ever. How the hell do you know what goes on in school playgrounds, or on social media? There are far worse ways to bully someone than calling them 'sambo'. Look at all the young people who kill themselves because of bullying at school which continues onto social media, and because their schools won't do a damn thing because of the wanky, PC 'no blame policy' that started in the US. As a matter of fact political correctness has done far more harm than good when it comes to schoolyard bullying.
I've never seen Hobbes say he's Jewish. Of course, anyone can say they are anything on here, so there's little point. The only people I've ever seen citing the 'Khazar theory' are white supremacist types and those who have a particular dislike for Israel.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:...
None of that has anything to do with political correctness. ...
How so? I really have no idea what you mean by 'political correctness' it just seems to be a catchall term for anything you don't like.
And you left off 'empathy'. ...
Something I'd have thought PC(?) was based upon?
Btw, bullying is more rampant than ever. ...
Where?
How the hell do you know what goes on in school playgrounds, ...
I have kids at school, friends with kids at school, have taught kids and NEET's and know a few teachers, you?
or on social media?
How PC of you? Personally I've taught my kids that if they ever get 'bullied' on social media then they come and tell me but not without first changing their accounts and being more selective with their 'friends', don't post anything they'll be ashamed of saying or doing in person, that if they want to play the social-media popularity game then there's also a penalty for that and lastly one's real friends are those one actually know in person. Seems to be working so far.
I can understand that girls appear more susceptible to such behaviour as it seems an extension of their normal group social behaviour and in this respect my girls have and will be taught a martial art and taught that if it gets really bad and no-one is sorting it then take the boys route and sort it themselves win or lose. If the people are virtual then 'sticks and stones' seems apt.
There are far worse ways to bully someone than calling them 'sambo'. ...
And you'd know this how? But given the phrase is decades out of date I'd say it was just as bad then as whatever is being used now and that's from experience, albeit replacing 'sambo' with 'paki'.
Look at all the young people who kill themselves because of bullying at school which continues onto social media, and because their schools won't do a damn thing because of the wanky, PC 'no blame policy' that started in the US. ...
Where's this 'no blame' policy? We don't have it over here if you mean that we don't recognise who the bully is but what is in place is no corporal punishment, is this what you want back? As it didn't seem to make much of a difference back then. What is it you would actually do that, as far as I can see, our schools are already doing?
As a matter of fact political correctness has done far more harm than good when it comes to schoolyard bullying.
Just seems like more daily mail urban myth to me. What do you actually mean by PC?

Having said all this I do think there is a difference in bullying nowadays and that is that the intensity can be more as it appears the mob mentality is stronger than before due to the social media factor with others jumping on the band-wagon and I do think parental responsibility has been ignored and too much pressure upon schools to solve some of the greater ill's with society.
I've never seen Hobbes say he's Jewish. Of course, anyone can say they are anything on here, so there's little point. The only people I've ever seen citing the 'Khazar theory' are white supremacist types and those who have a particular dislike for Israel.
Why would a white supremacist type say he was Jewish?
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:...
None of that has anything to do with political correctness. ...
How so? I really have no idea what you mean by 'political correctness' it just seems to be a catchall term for anything you don't like.
And you left off 'empathy'. ...
Something I'd have thought PC(?) was based upon?
Btw, bullying is more rampant than ever. ...
Where?
How the hell do you know what goes on in school playgrounds, ...
I have kids at school, friends with kids at school, have taught kids and NEET's and know a few teachers, you?
or on social media?
How PC of you? Personally I've taught my kids that if they ever get 'bullied' on social media then they come and tell me but not without first changing their accounts and being more selective with their 'friends', don't post anything they'll be ashamed of saying or doing in person, that if they want to play the social-media popularity game then there's also a penalty for that and lastly one's real friends are those one actually know in person. Seems to be working so far.
I can understand that girls appear more susceptible to such behaviour as it seems an extension of their normal group social behaviour and in this respect my girls have and will be taught a martial art and taught that if it gets really bad and no-one is sorting it then take the boys route and sort it themselves win or lose. If the people are virtual then 'sticks and stones' seems apt.
There are far worse ways to bully someone than calling them 'sambo'. ...
And you'd know this how? But given the phrase is decades out of date I'd say it was just as bad then as whatever is being used now and that's from experience, albeit replacing 'sambo' with 'paki'.
Look at all the young people who kill themselves because of bullying at school which continues onto social media, and because their schools won't do a damn thing because of the wanky, PC 'no blame policy' that started in the US. ...
Where's this 'no blame' policy? We don't have it over here if you mean that we don't recognise who the bully is but what is in place is no corporal punishment, is this what you want back? As it didn't seem to make much of a difference back then. What is it you would actually do that, as far as I can see, our schools are already doing?
As a matter of fact political correctness has done far more harm than good when it comes to schoolyard bullying.
Just seems like more daily mail urban myth to me. What do you actually mean by PC?

Having said all this I do think there is a difference in bullying nowadays and that is that the intensity can be more as it appears the mob mentality is stronger than before due to the social media factor with others jumping on the band-wagon and I do think parental responsibility has been ignored and too much pressure upon schools to solve some of the greater ill's with society.
Why would a white supremacist type say he was Jewish?
You don't seem to understand any of my comments. Do you deliberately misconstrue everything I write, or are you really just not very bright?
PC. The CLUE is in the name. POLITICAL correctness. It's a political movement. I'm not pulling that out of my arse either. They acknowledge this and have even given themselves a collective title; 'Progressives' (a tragic and self-congratulatory misnomer). The 'politically correct' believe that they, and only they, know what's best for humanity. They behave no differently from religious zealots, believing that their views on morality are the only valid ones. They don't care how they achieve their goal (a humanity that reflects their vision of it). They even have their own language. They have no interest in others' free speech, and will do their utmost to silence anyone who disagrees with them. They are generally hypocrites to a person (again, the same as the religious). Note the protests over Trump. They despise him because they feel he has 'offended' some of their pet causes, yet where were they when their country was bombing the shit out of those same pets, and still is? Typical PC hypocrisy. Come to think of it, it has a lot more in common with religion than politics--just as Nazism did.
How is my bullying comment PC? There you go. Implying that political correctness means all that is decent or good in humanity. The PC will only say what they consider 'correct' politically. They loathe the truth. This is why they despise people like Richard Dawkins. He dares to criticise one of their designated pets, yet he's a decent person. He's anti-war. I doubt if he's ever gone out of his way to harm anyone. His crime was to be at odds with the manifesto of PC and its very specific rules. Defining PC is a bit like trying to describe a colour to a blind (sorry, 'sight-impaired') person. Or music to a deaf person (sorry, 'hearing-impaired). It's only those who don't subscribe to it who recognise it.
ps. Can you even read? How the hell would I know why a Jew would cite the Khazar 'theory'? Or do anything else for that matter? I was describing the people that I've encountered who have cited it. I never knew what the fuck they were on about. It seemed to be part of some mish-mash of claims that included rants about Marx, communism, Rothschilds, banks......
Oh. So you are a parent and a teacher, therefore you know everything that goes on between children and teenagers. :roll: As a matter of fact teachers tend to be the most ignorant and clueless of anyone.
Of course, you won't get any of this, and come back with another tedious mess that misconstrues everything that it's possible to misconstrue.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.