Would you regard most Hispanics (US) as white? black?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: Would you regard most Hispanics (US) as white? black?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Harbal wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Remember when Noddy books were banned in England?
I thought they'd just edited them. Didn't they rename Big Ears "White Beard"? :?

I remember a neighbour giving me a Rupert the Bear annual when I was very young. Some of the characters in that book were so sinister, there's no way they'd see the light of day now. And Grimm's Fairy tales: People regularly got limbs chopped off and eyes gouged out but, as far as I know, no one who read them had to go into therapy. Surely it's better to learn how to cope with being a bit scared or offended than to be completely shielded from it.
I also had a knitted golliwog
I used to collect the paper ones they put on Robertson's jam jars, which you saved up and exchanged for a golly badge. Obviously, they put a stop to that.
They were banned in schools and libraries. 'Editing' them is probably even worse, like painting clothes on a Rubens woman. There was an even more bizarre case of censorship in England fairly recently. I can't remember what it was.
'Golly badge' lol.

Interesting article. It mentions Germaine Greer's transgender comments too.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/01/ ... ed-britain
I'm sure there are very good reasons why there is a move to the right, and a denigration of respect to fellow humans.
I'm sure there are good reasons why people voted for Brexit, and Trump too.
It is not so easy to simply caricature all the new ANTI-PC brigade, Brexiters, and Trumpers as the same class of people.
I'm sure these people are not simply Racist. I'm sure that they have great reasons to not want to be in the EU, to want to have Trump as potus, and to want to have license to call blacks, niggers now.
You cannot simply call them all Racist. There are other categories of persons in this groups. FOr example most of them are also Cunts too.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Harbal wrote: I thought they'd just edited them. Didn't they rename Big Ears "White Beard"? :?

I remember a neighbour giving me a Rupert the Bear annual when I was very young. Some of the characters in that book were so sinister, there's no way they'd see the light of day now. And Grimm's Fairy tales: People regularly got limbs chopped off and eyes gouged out but, as far as I know, no one who read them had to go into therapy. Surely it's better to learn how to cope with being a bit scared or offended than to be completely shielded from it.

I used to collect the paper ones they put on Robertson's jam jars, which you saved up and exchanged for a golly badge. Obviously, they put a stop to that.
They were banned in schools and libraries. 'Editing' them is probably even worse, like painting clothes on a Rubens woman. There was an even more bizarre case of censorship in England fairly recently. I can't remember what it was.
'Golly badge' lol.

Interesting article. It mentions Germaine Greer's transgender comments too.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/01/ ... ed-britain
I'm sure there are very good reasons why there is a move to the right, and a denigration of respect to fellow humans.
I'm sure there are good reasons why people voted for Brexit, and Trump too.
It is not so easy to simply caricature all the new ANTI-PC brigade, Brexiters, and Trumpers as the same class of people.
I'm sure these people are not simply Racist. I'm sure that they have great reasons to not want to be in the EU, to want to have Trump as potus, and to want to have license to call blacks, niggers now.
You cannot simply call them all Racist. There are other categories of persons in this groups. FOr example most of them are also Cunts too.
Like trying to reason with a creatard. :x Many people are on the fence and can be tipped either way, otherwise the US election result would be the same every election. You make it sound as if PCtards represent 'the left'. They aren't very bright, so they erroneously think they do. Those cunts don't speak for me. You have also made it patently clear that you are a hypocrite, like all PCtards. 'Oooh, I don't see colour in people. I only see people.' Yeah right. You love the warmongering cow Clinton. You don't give a damn about dead muslims.
I wasn't aware that the word 'niggger' had ever been outlawed. Do you really think it's going to become part of everyday conversation with the average Joe, just because the US has a President you don't like? Does he use the word? Actually it only means 'black'. It is a derogatory term when used by racist whites in the US. Whites who enslaved, segregated and lynched black people. No such thing has occurred here. Not even close. I really don't think anyone needs PCtards to tell them what words they can and can't use.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Remember when Noddy books were banned in England? I think there is now a new, censored version of Enid Blyton books. God, the PC get more like Nazis by the day. I happen to think Enid Blyton was an awful snob and bigot (she was always going on about 'foreign types' in the Famous Five books), but banning her books is just totalitarianism. People have to make their own minds up when they read things. Teaching children to think critically would be a lot more productive. I was mad on the Famous Five books and The Faraway Tree series. Children are interested in the stories, not whether or not they are 'politically correct'. One thing that used to annoy me about the Famous Five books though was the way Julian was always telling the girls to stay behind because it was too dangerous for them, so only the big, brave boys should go. I didn't like him at all. I thought he was a bossy sexist twit (before I knew there was such a word).
My favourite book when I was small was Little Black Sambo :lol: I also had a knitted golliwog. It didn't turn me into a rabid racist. People don't give children much credit.
More urban myth, her books were not banned but Blyton was banned from the BBC because they were snobs not because they were PC.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Remember when Noddy books were banned in England? I think there is now a new, censored version of Enid Blyton books. God, the PC get more like Nazis by the day. I happen to think Enid Blyton was an awful snob and bigot (she was always going on about 'foreign types' in the Famous Five books), but banning her books is just totalitarianism. People have to make their own minds up when they read things. Teaching children to think critically would be a lot more productive. I was mad on the Famous Five books and The Faraway Tree series. Children are interested in the stories, not whether or not they are 'politically correct'. One thing that used to annoy me about the Famous Five books though was the way Julian was always telling the girls to stay behind because it was too dangerous for them, so only the big, brave boys should go. I didn't like him at all. I thought he was a bossy sexist twit (before I knew there was such a word).
My favourite book when I was small was Little Black Sambo :lol: I also had a knitted golliwog. It didn't turn me into a rabid racist. People don't give children much credit.
More urban myth, her books were not banned but Blyton was banned from the BBC because they were snobs not because they were PC.
Not an urban myth at all. They were barred from libraries here too for a long time. They have also been heavily 'edited'.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Not an urban myth at all. They were barred from libraries here too for a long time. They have also been heavily 'edited'.
They might have been over there but over here that is more urban myth, well maybe one council tried here and there but I doubt it. She has never been out of print over here.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Not an urban myth at all. They were barred from libraries here too for a long time. They have also been heavily 'edited'.
They might have been over there but over here that is more urban myth, well maybe one council tried here and there but I doubt it. She has never been out of print over here.
I didn't say out of print. Have you often taken Enid Blyton books out of the library? :) Well the idiots have pushed up the value of unPCfied Noddy books, which are now collector's items.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote:
Blyton had her time. But her stuff is crap.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8361056.stm
I think "ban" is not the right word. There ain't no dramatisations of Amanda McKittrick Ros either. Not because it's banned - but because is it shite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McKittrick_Ros
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote:
Not an urban myth at all. They were barred from libraries here too for a long time. They have also been heavily 'edited'.
They are shit.
I think if you were black you might get fed up with racist cunts like you calling you "Sambo" all the fucking time.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
I think "ban" is not the right word. There ain't no dramatisations of Amanda McKittrick Ros either. Not because it's banned - but because is it shite.

Blyton's books aren't written for you. Children love her books. They capture a child's imagination, as the Harry Potter books do. I haven't heard of Ros. Jackie Collins is crap. E L James is crap. Many of the Booker prize winners are unreadable. I wonder if the PC word-police go over them with a fine tooth comb weeding out 'unsafe' words. It's trendy to pick on Blyton.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:More urban myth, her books were not banned but Blyton was banned from the BBC because they were snobs not because they were PC.
They are shit.
I think if you were black you might get fed up with racist cunts like you calling you "Sambo" all the fucking time.
Oh right. Roll out the 'r' word because I see through your phony PC bullshit. The standard 'rebuttal' of the feeble-minded SJW with no counter-arguments. What a surprise. Please copy-paste these 'racist' comments, or am I a racist because I loved little black sambo when I was five?
Anti-semitic kunt. And so what even if I was racist? Are you the fucking thought police? I thought you couldn't see different shades of human.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

I grew up with those books and in the playground "Sambo" and "Gollywog" and "wog" were regularly used as insults to the blacks kids. So personally I have no problem with Noddy being edited in this way just as I have very little problem with 'political correctness' as it just seems like public politeness to me.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I didn't say out of print. Have you often taken Enid Blyton books out of the library? :)
Yes and lo' and behold she's never been banned, urban myths by those who don't like having to mind their manners towards others.
Well the idiots have pushed up the value of unPCfied Noddy books, which are now collector's items.
So what? I seriously doubt anyone but adults are buying them as an investment.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:More urban myth, her books were not banned but Blyton was banned from the BBC because they were snobs not because they were PC.

Blyton's books aren't written for you. Children love her books. They capture a child's imagination, as the Harry Potter books do.
Rubbish. To middle class children they give them poser, and to working class kids they tell them to keep in their place.
I haven't heard of Ros. Jackie Collins is crap. E L James is crap. Many of the Booker prize winners are unreadable. I wonder if the PC word-police go over them with a fine tooth comb weeding out 'unsafe' words. It's trendy to pick on Blyton.
PC world police= OOOOHHH they are out to get you.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote:I grew up with those books and in the playground "Sambo" and "Gollywog" and "wog" were regularly used as insults to the blacks kids. So personally I have no problem with Noddy being edited in this way just as I have very little problem with 'political correctness' as it just seems like public politeness to me.
Society needs some generally accepted standards otherwise we are just barbarians.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: I think if you were black you might get fed up with racist cunts like you calling you "Sambo" all the fucking time.
Sit down and take a few deep breaths, Hobbes, over reaction is bad for your blood pressure.