Would you regard most Hispanics (US) as white? black?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: Would you regard most Hispanics (US) as white? black?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

The Goblin Looking-Glass
IT was a very wet day and Micky and Pam couldn't go out to play in the garden. They were cross about it because they wanted to dig in their sand-pit. They stood at the window and grumbled.
" It's no use being cross, my dears," said Nurse. " Get your bricks or your books and amuse yourselves. I am going down to help Mummy to make a new dress for Pam, so be good whilst I am gone."
Nurse took her work-basket and went downstairs. The children were left alone. They turned away from the window and stared round the nursery.
" I don't want to play with bricks," said Micky. " And I'm tired of all my books. I wish something exciting would happen."
" Nothing lovely ever happens! " sighed Pam. " You read of such glorious adventures in books—but nothing ever really happens to children like us."
" There isn't even anything very exciting in the nursery," said Micky. " We haven't a gramophone like Peter has. And we haven't a nice clock­work railway like Jack's. There's nothing nice in our nursery at all."

How many children have a 'nurse', or play in their own nursery? I agree that some kids have a garden..
It's just irrelevant to most kids; anachronistic, classist out-of-date and of interest only to historians of bad literature.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:The Goblin Looking-Glass
IT was a very wet day and Micky and Pam couldn't go out to play in the garden. They were cross about it because they wanted to dig in their sand-pit. They stood at the window and grumbled.
" It's no use being cross, my dears," said Nurse. " Get your bricks or your books and amuse yourselves. I am going down to help Mummy to make a new dress for Pam, so be good whilst I am gone."
Nurse took her work-basket and went downstairs. The children were left alone. They turned away from the window and stared round the nursery.
" I don't want to play with bricks," said Micky. " And I'm tired of all my books. I wish something exciting would happen."
" Nothing lovely ever happens! " sighed Pam. " You read of such glorious adventures in books—but nothing ever really happens to children like us."
" There isn't even anything very exciting in the nursery," said Micky. " We haven't a gramophone like Peter has. And we haven't a nice clock­work railway like Jack's. There's nothing nice in our nursery at all."

How many children have a 'nurse', or play in their own nursery? I agree that some kids have a garden..
It's just irrelevant to most kids; anachronistic, classist out-of-date and of interest only to historians of bad literature.
I love it when you behave like a plonker, Hobbes. Not that I'm a plonkerist.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

You are just too fucking stupid for words! Let's just burn every book that is old fashioned. How dare you shove your bullshit agenda-driven 'ists' onto children. Burn Winnie the Pooh while you are about it. Actually, burn every children's classic. The PC thought-police are coming with their beige paint.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

You are just too fucking stupid for words! Let's just burn every book that is old fashioned. How dare you shove your bullshit agenda-driven 'ists' onto children. Burn Winnie the Pooh while you are about it. Actually, burn every children's classic. The PC thought-police are coming with their beige paint.
ROTFLMFHO
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:I grew up with those books and in the playground "Sambo" and "Gollywog" and "wog" were regularly used as insults to the blacks kids. So personally I have no problem with Noddy being edited in this way just as I have very little problem with 'political correctness' as it just seems like public politeness to me.
Society needs some generally accepted standards otherwise we are just barbarians.
Provided they are standards set by thought-policemen like you. I've never called anyone a 'racial slur', and I didn't need PC fucks like you to tell me. You see, people have this thing called a 'mind', and they are actually capable of making some decisions about what they think and what comes out of their mouth.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:I grew up with those books and in the playground "Sambo" and "Gollywog" and "wog" were regularly used as insults to the blacks kids. So personally I have no problem with Noddy being edited in this way just as I have very little problem with 'political correctness' as it just seems like public politeness to me.
Society needs some generally accepted standards otherwise we are just barbarians.
Provided they are standards set by thought-policemen like you.
You are only a girl so I've no need to listen to you, ha!
vegetariantaxidermy

We obviously went to different schools. Why stop at gollywog? Why is it only a person's colour that is so sacrosanct? What about Billy Bunter? That's grossly insensitive to fat people, (or horizontally challenged). And all these campaigns to make populations thinner? That's just fattist, and encourages hatred and violence against those who are horizontally challenged. Denis the Menace was obviously created to make children look bad. He's also white, and that's racist--automatically making the naughty boy white. What about all those yank TV shows that make girls 'ugly' by putting glasses on them? That's just being 'spectaclephobic'. It's extremely offensive to those who wear glasses. Clark Kent's glasses must be edited out immediately and replaced with a false beard. Hmm. But that would be offensive to muslims because the beard could be interpreted as a euphemism for islam, with Clark Kent only morphing into the virtuous American hero after discarding it.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:What about all those yank TV shows that make girls 'ugly'
Please, VT, aesthetically challenged, if you don't mind. :wink:
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Harbal wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:What about all those yank TV shows that make girls 'ugly'
Girls who wear glasses get passes (I wonder how many Margaret got on Dennis The Menace?)

PhilX
Last edited by Philosophy Explorer on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Harbal wrote:
Girls who don't wear glasses don't get passes (I wonder how many Margaret got on Dennis The Menace?)

PhilX
Dorothy Parker's witticism must be outlawed immediately, or at least edited to make it 'politically safe'. ''Men (rapists) seldom make sexist and degrading advances towards womyn who appear to be too intellectual for them.''
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:We obviously went to different schools. Why stop at gollywog? Why is it only a person's colour that is so sacrosanct? ...
Because you can't change it.
What about Billy Bunter? That's grossly insensitive to fat people, (or horizontally challenged). And all these campaigns to make populations thinner? That's just fattist, and encourages hatred and violence against those who are horizontally challenged. Denis the Menace was obviously created to make children look bad. He's also white, and that's racist--automatically making the naughty boy white. What about all those yank TV shows that make girls 'ugly' by putting glasses on them? That's just being 'spectaclephobic'. It's extremely offensive to those who wear glasses. Clark Kent's glasses must be edited out immediately and replaced with a false beard. Hmm. But that would be offensive to muslims because the beard could be interpreted as a euphemism for islam, with Clark Kent only morphing into the virtuous American hero after discarding it.
Whereas here you can change most of this if it bothers you.

Denis was mainly an example of how bad behaviour gets you into trouble.

Are you saying you want all those other examples to come back into vogue? As by and large they are also out of fashion.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:We obviously went to different schools. Why stop at gollywog? Why is it only a person's colour that is so sacrosanct? ...
What about Billy Bunter? That's grossly insensitive to fat people, (or horizontally challenged). And all these campaigns to make populations thinner? That's just fattist, and encourages hatred and violence against those who are horizontally challenged. Denis the Menace was obviously created to make children look bad. He's also white, and that's racist--automatically making the naughty boy white. What about all those yank TV shows that make girls 'ugly' by putting glasses on them? That's just being 'spectaclephobic'. It's extremely offensive to those who wear glasses. Clark Kent's glasses must be edited out immediately and replaced with a false beard. Hmm. But that would be offensive to muslims because the beard could be interpreted as a euphemism for islam, with Clark Kent only morphing into the virtuous American hero after discarding it.

Are you saying you want all those other examples to come back into vogue? As by and large they are also out of fashion.
This is perhaps where vegtax would do well to take a leaf out of Greer's book. GG was well aware of the possible negative effects of heroic drama when she slated the Lord of the Rings for being dangerous in times when our civilisation was setting itself against Islam so thoroughly.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:Because you can't change it.
So what? A lot of people can't help being fat either. Or strange-looking. Or any of the multitude of other things that people can be insulted about.
Did I say I want them to come 'into vogue'? If you can't grasp even the simplest points I make then there's really not a lot of point in you responding.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:

This is perhaps where vegtax would do well to take a leaf out of Greer's book. GG was well aware of the possible negative effects of heroic drama when she slated the Lord of the Rings for being dangerous in times when our civilisation was setting itself against Islam so thoroughly.
What the fuck are you on about now? Why don't you just go back to your trendy Jew-hating and mediocre sculpture. That 'multicultural' hell-hole that your country now is didn't mind aiding and abetting the destruction of islamic countries. You are such a stinking, weasley hypocrite.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:Because you can't change it.

What the fuck are you on about now? Why don't you just go back to your trendy Jew-hating and mediocre sculpture. That 'multicultural' hell-hole that your country now is didn't mind aiding and abetting the destruction of islamic countries. You are such a stinking, weasley hypocrite.
Get a fucking life. Your hero GG spoke out against LOTRs, if you don't know that then you are as ignorant as you are unpleasant.