Is the US President supposed to represent all the people?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Is the US President supposed to represent all the people?

Post by Walker »

I thought at least one Trump denier was a subject of the United Kingdom.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

What on earth is a 'trump denier'?

We can't stop laughing over here, he's the funniest one yet and you've had some doozies.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Arising_uk wrote:What on earth is a 'trump denier'?

We can't stop laughing over here, he's the funniest one yet and you've had some doozies.
A denier of any stripe is one in whom delusion with its various causes obscures not only understanding of what’s happening now in relation to the significance of both short and long-term implications, but are also those who apparently have no basis of opinion other than belief often unnamed. This indicates either an unexamined and conditioned-bias that assigns improper weights of significance to aspects of understanding the play that are apart from direct sensory experience, or else it indicates just funnin around. Which is all fine and dandy, but it does have an inverse effect upon rationality.

Mention of nations throwing stones from inside glass houses brings to mind one of those silly I know you are but what am I gifs from what is now the olden days that were lived by today’s youngsters.
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/1 ... 201210.jpg

:)

Seriously though, without the British press a lot would go unreported, in the US.
henry quirk

"Seriously though, without the British press a lot would go unreported, in the US."

Post by henry quirk »

As I said in another thread, long time back: irksome that an adversary (Russia) and hackers (Wikileaks) are better conductors of fact for Americans than the American press (which mostly is not about reporting anymore but simply about propagandizing).
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Walker wrote:A denier of any stripe is one in whom delusion with its various causes obscures not only understanding of what’s happening now in relation to the significance of both short and long-term implications, but are also those who apparently have no basis of opinion other than belief often unnamed. ...
So the trumpette is himself a trump-denier? :lol:
This indicates either an unexamined and conditioned-bias that assigns improper weights of significance to aspects of understanding the play that are apart from direct sensory experience, or else it indicates just funnin around. Which is all fine and dandy, but it does have an inverse effect upon rationality. ...
Well there's a good chance he's lacking any rationality.
Mention of nations throwing stones from inside glass houses brings to mind one of those silly I know you are but what am I gifs from what is now the olden days that were lived by today’s youngsters. ...
Who's throwing stones? We just like a good laugh and the fact that you've voted in a complete lunatic who tweets is certainly supplying them.
Seriously though, without the British press a lot would go unreported, in the US.
I thought you the land of the free?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

No matter what else can be said of Trump, he has no dignity. He is a little whiny, lying child who has no place beside the likes of ANY other head of state the US ever had. He makes George Bush Jr. look positively unblemished in comparison, and American's who support him should be written off and segregated from healthier society.
henry quirk

just another deplorable, i guess

Post by henry quirk »

I don't see myself as a supporter, but I did vote for him, so I guess you can load me on the train and send me to the labor camp.
Dalek Prime

Re: just another deplorable, i guess

Post by Dalek Prime »

henry quirk wrote:I don't see myself as a supporter, but I did vote for him, so I guess you can load me on the train and send me to the labor camp.
Nothing personal. But if anyone would be willing to open labour camps, it would be this oaf.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"if anyone would be willing to open labour camps, it would be this oaf."

You base this notion on what?
Dalek Prime

Re:

Post by Dalek Prime »

henry quirk wrote:"if anyone would be willing to open labour camps, it would be this oaf."

You base this notion on what?
On his exhibited xenophobia.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Insofar as I can tell, a lot of *folks assess Trump as xenophobic based on quotes of his pulled out of context.

*and a good chunk of those folks know damn well he's not a xenophobe...they simply drum up whatever propaganda they can to blunt him
Skip

Re:

Post by Skip »

henry quirk wrote:Insofar as I can tell, a lot of *folks assess Trump as xenophobic based on quotes of his pulled out of context.
Plus a bunch of executive orders that were actually carried out without so much as a check for legality.
It doesn't matter whether he is a racist; it matters that he acts like a racist in the world's most powerful job.

PS - What is the "context" of 140-character message to the world at large?
uwot

Re:

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote:Insofar as I can tell, a lot of *folks assess Trump as xenophobic based on quotes of his pulled out of context.
Does insofar as you can tell put everything into its proper context?
henry quirk wrote:*and a good chunk of those folks know damn well he's not a xenophobe...they simply drum up whatever propaganda they can to blunt him
Sounds terrible. Can you give an example of someone doing this?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Is the US president supposed to represent all the people? No, only by representing me will the rest of the people get the proper government they deserve.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bobevenson wrote:Is the US president supposed to represent all the people? No, only by representing me will the rest of the people get the proper government they deserve.
I know you like your Presidents geriatric over there, but I think 94 might be pushing it a bit.