Is the US President supposed to represent all the people?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: Is the US President supposed to represent all the people?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:What's an SJW?
I think this is what she means:

"Social Justice Warrior. A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

The SJW's favorite activity of all is to dogpile. Their favorite websites to frequent are Livejournal and Tumblr. They do not have relevant favorite real-world places, because SJWs are primarily civil rights activists only online."
Not the most reputable site. It's an ironic term for insincere social engineering wannabes and thought police. SJWs get outraged on behalf of select groups of people (eg muslims) that they feel must never be exposed to comments that the SJWs deem to be offensive. Unfortunately SJWs don't get outraged when muslims are blown to bits.
Martin Luther King was a social justice warrior. He wasn't an 'SJW'.
You seem to have a bug in your arse about PC today.
MLK was a SJW supreme. He was the King of SJW. Aside from that you are just enjoying a bit of prejudice against a perceived group of people you, personally have categorised as "SJW". In this category you can insert anyone you don't like, any view that does not suit you and all the evils of PC.
This group is only in your head.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
I think this is what she means:

"Social Justice Warrior. A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

The SJW's favorite activity of all is to dogpile. Their favorite websites to frequent are Livejournal and Tumblr. They do not have relevant favorite real-world places, because SJWs are primarily civil rights activists only online."
Not the most reputable site. It's an ironic term for insincere social engineering wannabes and thought police. SJWs get outraged on behalf of select groups of people (eg muslims) that they feel must never be exposed to comments that the SJWs deem to be offensive. Unfortunately SJWs don't get outraged when muslims are blown to bits.
MLK was a SJW supreme. He was the King of SJW. Aside from that you are just enjoying a bit of prejudice against a perceived group of people you, personally have categorised as "SJW". In this category you can insert anyone you don't like, any view that does not suit you and all the evils of PC.
God you are thick sometimes Mr. SJW supreme. Of course you will deny that there is any such thing. I just said it's an IRONIC label. What did I just say about MLK? He was NOTHING like an SJW. And I didn't invent the term.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Not the most reputable site. It's an ironic term for insincere social engineering wannabes and thought police. SJWs get outraged on behalf of select groups of people (eg muslims) that they feel must never be exposed to comments that the SJWs deem to be offensive. Unfortunately SJWs don't get outraged when muslims are blown to bits.
God you are thick sometimes Mr. SJW supreme. Of course you will deny that there is any such thing. I just said it's an IRONIC label. What did I just say about MLK? He was NOTHING like an SJW. And I didn't invent the term.
MLK is a SJW to some people. It's not ironic is simple prejudice, just like gender roles.
Now fuck off and do the dishes like you are supposed to.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
MLK is a SJW to some people. It's not ironic is simple prejudice, just like gender roles.
I have a dishwasher. And I'm pretty sure MLK believed in free speech. It's what got him murdered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCis1U1nFR0
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: God you are thick sometimes Mr. SJW supreme. Of course you will deny that there is any such thing. I just said it's an IRONIC label. What did I just say about MLK? He was NOTHING like an SJW. And I didn't invent the term.
I have a dishwasher. And I'm pretty sure MLK believed in free speech. It's what got him murdered.

Pat Condell is a fucking p****.

What is your point?
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

What is your point?
Oh wow. You think that? I'm so surprised. :shock: I don't know if he's a p**** or not, but he's nailed SJWs here. And you said 'he'. I thought there was no such thing as gender.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: I have a dishwasher. And I'm pretty sure MLK believed in free speech. It's what got him murdered.

What is your point?
Oh wow. You think that? I'm so surprised. :shock: I don't know if he's a p**** or not, but he's nailed SJWs here. And you said 'he'. I thought there was no such thing as gender.
I said gender was an abstraction.

When I choose a car I don't see "transportation". I just want to know what the car can do and if it suits my needs.

I still don't see why you posted your friend Pat.
Skip

Post by Skip »

I didn't notice when the subject of this thread became internet types or whether one "liked" Hillary Clinton, or gender roles.
I thought it was about Trump as president, what constituency he represents, and what this might mean for the US and the world.
That's all I attempted to discuss. I hadn't realized that all PC's and SJW"s say the same things and that I was redundant.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

What is your point?

When I choose a car I don't see "transportation". I just want to know what the car can do and if it suits my needs.

Silly me. I'm sooo out of the loop. I didn't realise that 'gender' had become a political term. Apparently we are all 'gender fluid' now. I feel terrible now. I'm a despicable mother. I didn't let my children know they could change their gender at any time. I should have asked them if they were comfortable being a boy or a girl, let them know that there were many alternatives and not to feel at all confused or guilty, because 'boy' and 'girl' are meaningless terms only used by bigendered bigots who don't know any better. This would have given them tons of food for thought for times that would otherwise have been taken up with useless bigendered activities like tree-climbing and doll's houses.
I don't see how 'Pat' is my friend. I've never met him. He says a lot of things that are true though, and of course this greatly upsets the SJWs/Do-gooders/PC....
Your car analogy is just silly.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Oh wow. You think that? I'm so surprised. :shock: I don't know if he's a p**** or not, but he's nailed SJWs here. And you said 'he'. I thought there was no such thing as gender.

Silly me. I'm sooo out of the loop. I didn't realise that 'gender' had become a political term. Apparently we are all 'gender fluid' now..
You are just getting hysterical now - obviously you are determined to assert your gender stereotype to prove a point.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Um, Hobbes' ? Who's that lady in the slinky dress so angry with?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:... I should have asked them if they were comfortable being a boy or a girl, let them know that there were many alternatives ...
Do you really think parents of such kids really do this?

Can I take it you would have reacted really badly if any of your children had been homosexual?
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:... I should have asked them if they were comfortable being a boy or a girl, let them know that there were many alternatives ...
Do you really think parents of such kids really do this?

Can I take it you would have reacted really badly if any of your children had been homosexual?
No, you can't take it. I wouldn't have minded at all, in fact homosexuals often have better relationships with their mothers than heteros. Masculine boy children and mothers often live in something that resembles a battleground of wills.
Btw, 'gender-fluid' is a real term. So yes, people are actually using it with a straight face.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:No, you can't take it. I wouldn't have minded at all, in fact homosexuals often have better relationships with their mothers than heteros. ...
That sounds like a bit of a stereotype.

Did you tell them that homosexuality exists?
Masculine boy children and mothers often live in something that resembles a battleground of wills. ...
That's just boys but many girls seem to have even more of a battleground with their mothers.
Btw, 'gender-fluid' is a real term. So yes, people are actually using it with a straight face.
My daughter and all her friends in fact and they see it as an important issue in their milieu, not at all funny.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:Btw, 'gender-fluid' is a real term. So yes, people are actually using it with a straight face.My daughter and all her friends in fact and they see it as an important issue in their milieu,
I bet they do.
Why are you responding? You obviously don't have a clue what I'm talking about, and you never will. Wankers are wankers. It makes no difference what they are being wanky about. And your way of posting is wanky, probably deliberately so. Are you that annoying in reality?
''That's just boys but many girls seem to have even more of a battleground with their mothers''.
It's girls at an older age. The conflict between mother and son apparently increases the boys testosterone levels.
And no, I don't think I at any point formally sat my children down and informed them that homosexuality exists. I don't think it was particularly at the forefront of my mind as something I urgently needed to tell them. It would have come up in chatter from time to time I suppose. What does it have to do with you anyway? For some reason you are bizarrely connecting my gender comments with a dislike of homosexuals. Gender has nothing to do with who you want to fuck. (ffs).