All Legal Expenses Should Be Paid for by the Government

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: All Legal Expenses Should Be Paid for by the Government

Post by bobevenson »

Don't you ever get tired of using that worn-out phrase? To me, it's more evidence of your inability to think and express yourself.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Ordinary people's taxes would be largely used to cover the cases of serial litigants, the expert players of the system. Caseloads would increase exponentially; there wouldn't be enough lawyers to do the work.

However, there should be legal aid for those who can't afford adequate representation, but governments have tended to be reducing rather than increasing funding for legal aid.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Greta wrote:Ordinary people's taxes would be largely used to cover the cases of serial litigants, the expert players of the system. Caseloads would increase exponentially; there wouldn't be enough lawyers to do the work.

However, there should be legal aid for those who can't afford adequate representation, but governments have tended to be reducing rather than increasing funding for legal aid.
What do you mean by "ordinary people's taxes"? That's not specific terminology, and can't be used for this analysis. As far as taxes, the only proper source is a single tax on property, property being defined as anything with intrinsic market value. That would include real estate, factories, equipment, airplanes, cars, trains, artwork, jewelry and anything else that has intrinsic value. Stocks, bonds, currency and any other legal document does not have intrinsic value and is excluded from taxation. There should be no income tax, sales tax or the thousands of other taxes and fees charged by the government. Since the only proper function of government is social integration, like a traffic cop keeping people from running into each other, whenever there is a social problem, whether it be somebody charged with first-degree murder or going over the speed limit, or anybody seeking social redress of some kind, there should be absolutely no legal expense of any kind to the litigants since this is the responsibility of government. And it doesn't matter what the caseload is, there can be no price tag on justice in a properly-run society. As far as serial litigants, it is proper for the justice system to make a determination whether any legal filing meets minimum acceptability for litigation.
Greta

Post by Greta »

bobevenson wrote:
Greta wrote:Ordinary people's taxes would be largely used to cover the cases of serial litigants, the expert players of the system. Caseloads would increase exponentially; there wouldn't be enough lawyers to do the work.

What do you mean by "ordinary people's taxes"?
I mean taxes paid by people who would not be scamming their way through the legal system.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I stated the only proper form of taxation and addressed any abuse of the legal system.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

How big is your legal bill Bob?

PhilX
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote:Don't you ever get tired of using that worn-out phrase? To me, it's more evidence of your inability to think and express yourself.
Bob, people post in different sized fonts to poke fun at you and the 125 font you use.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Don't you ever get tired of using that worn-out phrase?
:lol: Whoosh! And there it goes again but it's got a different plumage this time.

So no would be the answer to your question. You should try answering a question your self every now and then bob.
To me, it's more evidence of your inability to think and express yourself.
Think of it more as my ability to think and express what I think about your insanity and your complete inability to look at yourself with any shred of humour. It's what makes you a 'Yank' of the highest order.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:How big is your legal bill Bob?
I don't have any legal bills; I speak on behalf of dopes like you.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Ginkgo wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Don't you ever get tired of using that worn-out phrase? To me, it's more evidence of your inability to think and express yourself.
Bob, people post in different sized fonts to poke fun at you and the 125 font you use.
I guess people don't poke fun at you because you're so fucking bland.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:It's what makes you a 'Yank' of the highest order.
Thanks for the compliment.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

My pleasure.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I hope you don't mind me not returning the compliment.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You can't as I'm not a 'Yank'.

Thank 'God' for small mercies.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Jesus Christ, your mind works even slower than I could imagine. Substitute the word "limey," dum-dum.