All Legal Expenses Should Be Paid for by the Government

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

All Legal Expenses Should Be Paid for by the Government

Post by bobevenson »

The legal system is one of the functions of government, and any expenses thereof are properly defrayed by the government. That means that the government must supply all the attorneys, and there are no filing expenses or charges of any kind to the people or businesses using the system.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

So, under your scheme, am I allowed to seek out, and pay for, my own lawyer, or (heaven forbid!) defend or serve myself?

If yes, then great.

If no, then how is your scheme any better than those promoted by the commie scum who people this forum?
Immanuel Can

Re:

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote:So, under your scheme, am I allowed to seek out, and pay for, my own lawyer, or (heaven forbid!) defend or serve myself?

If yes, then great.

If no, then how is your scheme any better than those promoted by the commie scum who people this forum?
Oh, no, Henry...his idea is MUCH better than that...it's that "the government," meaning the taxes YOU pay, will soak up all the costs of a glutted legal profession PLUS remove any cost to people -- whether genuine litigants or frivolous idiots -- for activating that system.

Not only that, but since everything goes to "the government," the government itself has to invent an additional, expensive, bloated bureaucracy in order to keep the lawyers and litigants from using the legal system to tap into this vast pool of public money. Absent that, lawyers and litigants would set their own fees and settlements at any level they wish, and again, your tax dollars would pay for it, unless the government capped all such things and enforced the cap rigorously...creating all kinds of injustices in the process, of course.

In other words, it means, "sue anyone you want, and make everybody else pay for it."

Still willing to say, "Great"? :wink:
Philosophy Explorer

Re: All Legal Expenses Should Be Paid for by the Government

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

I know the first use of this. I would sue the AEP for politically incorrect statements.

PhilX
henry quirk

"I would sue the AEP for politically incorrect statements."

Post by henry quirk »

HA!

#

"sue anyone you want, and make everybody else pay for it."

The hell you say!

Is this what you promote, Bob?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobevenson wrote:The legal system is one of the functions of government, and any expenses thereof are properly defrayed by the government. That means that the government must supply all the attorneys, and there are no filing expenses or charges of any kind to the people or businesses using the system.
In principle, you're right, but in practice it wouldn't work.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Harbal wrote:
bobevenson wrote:The legal system is one of the functions of government, and any expenses thereof are properly defrayed by the government. That means that the government must supply all the attorneys, and there are no filing expenses or charges of any kind to the people or businesses using the system.
In principle, you're right, but in practice it wouldn't work.
In practice it would work perfectly because the AEP knows exactly how it should be handled. First of all, an independent government-appointed agency determines if an issue will even be accepted for adjudication. If accepted, neutral agency attorneys litigate the proceedings before a professional jury. You don't have biased lawyers paid for by opposing parties, and juries composed of every Tom, Dick and Harry off the street. All judicial decisions are automatically reviewed through an appeal system. The present system is a bad joke and a mockery of justice. And it doesn't matter how much the AEP system costs because you can't put a price tag on justice.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:... before a professional jury. ...
:lol: Based on what criteria?
All judicial decisions are automatically reviewed through an appeal system. ...
:lol: :lol: That'll be with another 'professional jury' would it. What happened to the first one?
The present system is a bad joke and a mockery of justice. ...
Well your country's certainly seems to be.
And it doesn't matter how much the AEP system costs because you can't put a price tag on justice.
Oo! No, I think you'll find it really does matter when it comes to the voters voting for this fictional AEP of yours.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, take your 200 point type and shove it up your 300 point ass!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

bobevenson wrote:Please, take your 200 point type and shove it up your 300 point ass!
Do you normally write in a large font and in bold because of eye problems? Or some other reason? I ask because it comes across as if you are permanently angry, so if there is some other reason it would be a good idea to say, so people do not misunderstand your intention.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Londoner wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Please, take your 200 point type and shove it up your 300 point ass!
Do you normally write in a large font and in bold because of eye problems? Or some other reason? I ask because it comes across as if you are permanently angry, so if there is some other reason it would be a good idea to say, so people do not misunderstand your intention.
The only thing blind about him is his brain.

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Londoner wrote:
Why don't you ask your stupid fucking question to Arising? And then feel free to ask me any stupid fucking question about this thread.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

bobevenson wrote:
Londoner wrote:
Why don't you ask your stupid fucking question to Arising? And then feel free to ask me any stupid fucking question about this thread.
Thank you for answering my question so clearly.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

You're visually the direct opposite of Arising, but equally stupid.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Whoosh! Zoom!! The irony bird has brought a jet engine!!! :lol: