The Emperor has no clothes

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: The Emperor has no clothes

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote:
Walker wrote:Regarding specifics...
Aw, Walker... I had such hope that you could be honest and admit to a broader view. But nope... still playing games to suit your limited, skewed view. Sad. :lol:
Don't lose sight.

Your disappointment is your own, though until it’s over, we endeavor to persevere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRX6hSGeZs4

You dodge the issue based on who knows what opinion. Rationally, I would wager that media voices in toto made more mention of Trump saying pussy than $1 trillion dollars disappearing somewhere. Certainly the Dems placed attention in odd places considering the national and international concerns for the future.

On second thought, the Big O should be Redford.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote:blah, blah, blah
FYI... I don't look at links. So whatever you were so excited to show me, I'm sure it's stupid and I don't need to see it. :D

Have a nice day.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Lacewing wrote:
You've summed Walker up to a tee, Lacewing. :D :D :D
BradburyPound

Post by BradburyPound »

Walker wrote:Q: What destroys the credibility of Trump critics?

A: The fact that one of the most corrupt administrations in the history of the United States was ignored for eight years and counting. Between Bush and Trump intelligent people went to sleep, which did little to alleviate ignorance and suffering in the world although in the short term sleeping does wonders for the flu. Truth was sacrificed by the silent who knew better. And for what? In the end, it was only to stroke a self-concept.

18 Major Scandals in Obama’s ‘Scandal-Free’ Presidency
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... residency/
This is bullshit. It implies that Obama was corrupt when we all know that the Republicans were in control for the last 16 years.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote:
FYI... I don't look at links. So whatever you were so excited to show me, I'm sure it's stupid and I don't need to see it. :D

Have a nice day.
Thank you. It is a clip from the movie, The Outlaw Josie Wales. It's a clip of Chief Dan George, a funny man with a great sense of timing. In the clip he says the words, "endeavor to persevere," and he tells a tidy little story. However, what's not in the clip and what's really interesting is the story of how that movie came to be. You should check it out. Fascinating story about the creator of the story, with philosophical implications. It's amazing what you might learn if you open your closed, closed mind. You should try it some time, maybe something bad will fall out, something good pop in. :?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote:
Lacewing wrote:
You've summed Walker up to a tee, Lacewing. :D :D :D
She's a lil' ol' hominem all right. :lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Lacewing wrote:
So whatever you were so excited to show me, I'm sure it's stupid and I don't need to see it. :D
:lol:
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

BradburyPound wrote:This is bullshit. It implies that Obama was corrupt when we all know that the Republicans were in control for the last 16 years.
“What you mean we?”
- Mad Magazine
BradburyPound

Post by BradburyPound »

Walker wrote:
BradburyPound wrote:This is bullshit. It implies that Obama was corrupt when we all know that the Republicans were in control for the last 16 years.
“What you mean we?”
- Mad Magazine

I mean that the President is not the government.
When the Republicans are in charge and the President is a Democrat, the President gets all the shit sticking to him.
This is because the media has a massive right wing bias.
If Obama and the Democrats have made any mistakes over the last 20+ years, it is due to the fact that they have tried to act like the Repugs, so as to appeal to the media which is mostly owned by Murdoch and other who share his political ideology.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Walker wrote:
mickthinks wrote:
Walker wrote:The authority is factual history that can be corroborated elsewhere ...
Then cite that corroboration, because no one should trust Breitbart's claim to "the facts".
Public record.
... as you read of it in Breitbart, I'm guessing. :lol:

Dude, some opinions are worth more than others. Your opinions are the worthless kind because you get them straight from the ruling elite's propaganda machine. So actually it's you.

You've got no clothes on.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Take note that you do not address or even mention facts, dude. As a counterpoint to the OP, you speak only of your opinion, which really doesn’t count for much without supporting facts or reasoning, though you may be a gem of a peach.

Ad homs are like saying certain philosophers should not be read because of their race, which would be the assertion of bigots in London, or elsewhere.

They Kant be serious! PC students demand white philosophers including Plato and Descartes be dropped from university syllabus
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... labus.html

What’s the opinion about this fact, and does it involve the font?

Largest deployment of U.S. troops since Cold War arrives in Germany
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/ ... &or=tn_int

(Other facts: The POTUS is currently B. Obama, (opinion: just for the public record in the future, when many folks will misremember that Trump was the cause for the escalation, and because when a particular source names the correct fact the fact itself will be ignored. How could that possibly happen.))
BradburyPound

Post by BradburyPound »

Walker wrote:
)
And what do you think this means?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Someone should ask this fellow that very question, then assess his answer on the basis of fact and past soothsaying. The technology certainly exists for a world leader to communicate the answer to that question in the more intellectual realm of content rather than the old hopey, identity-politics emotionalism of acting with a teleprompter, as was demonstrated by the tweeting display of the next POTUS in his rise from media maestro to master of the universe.

What’s going on in Germany likely involves fruits of delusion themes and baseless narcissism presented here as blather with a figurative cup of cold water in the face at 1:06, followed by “homanahomanahomana, I got no clothes.” (Just to keep it relevant to the thread topic.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWOg8uW5yLA
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

BradburyPound wrote:
Walker wrote:
)
Do you think Americans even realise that Russia isn't a 'commie bastard' any more?
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
BradburyPound wrote:
Walker wrote:
)
Do you think Americans even realise that Russia isn't a 'commie bastard' any more?
Are you trying to say that the Rooskies no longer live in a Godless nation, which a communist country would be by definition, and because of that Obama is beginning a military buildup, either offense or defensive? If you are, it would be interesting to hear what constitutes the reasoning of such a conclusion. Does the reasoning involve the Crusades? Does it involve some kind of geopolitical Superbowl, with the owners in the box seats looking down upon the action in either celebration or defeat? If not that, then what are you attempting to imply with your observation?