Aleppo

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Aleppo

Post by Gary Childress »

Very disturbing what is going on in Aleppo. Also saw where the Russian Ambassador was shot yesterday. Not a good thing to kill an ambassador but it seems difficult to blame Muslims for being incensed over what is happening in Syria. When in distress, kill someone I guess.

Personally I think Muslims need to abandon Allah. Any God who created and presides over such a messed up world doesn't deserve worship. But the more some people suffer the more they embrace the holy abomination that is God.
Dubious

Re: Aleppo

Post by Dubious »

Gary Childress wrote:Very disturbing what is going on in Aleppo. Also saw where the Russian Ambassador was shot yesterday. Not a good thing to kill an ambassador but it seems difficult to blame Muslims for being incensed over what is happening in Syria. When in distress, kill someone I guess.

Personally I think Muslims need to abandon Allah. Any God who created and presides over such a messed up world doesn't deserve worship. But the more some people suffer the more they embrace the holy abomination that is God.
What I find incomprehensible in this kind of theism is that even in total defeat or misery, God having been of no help at all, they still yell out this deviant mantra "God is Great". If you had a leader who screwed up as many times as this God has or shown such indifference, what do think would happen to him? The perversity in this kind of situation is not unlike that of Europe in the Middle Ages. In spite of the Black Death killing off a third to one half of the population, they still prayed to god and blamed themselves as retribution for being sinful. The current period are the Middle Ages for Islam. They may need another 600 years to get over it.
Last edited by Dubious on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Gary Childress wrote:Very disturbing what is going on in Aleppo. Also saw where the Russian Ambassador was shot yesterday. Not a good thing to kill an ambassador but it seems difficult to blame Muslims for being incensed over what is happening in Syria. When in distress, kill someone I guess.

Don't blame God, blame the false scriptures and false prophet that has mislead the masses.
Throng

Post by Throng »

Well, it is a mess, and the people being bombed are on the whole decent kind folk, including children, as we find among most any population group, but caught up in a fray which isn't exactly 'Muslim', but a situation brought about by a rather complex range of factors, not least of all U.S. led incursions that destablised the region. It's not reasonable to cast aspersions on Islamic religions in particular because there are a host of religious, national and ethnic identities involved in the mayhem. Using your logic, which I agree with in essence, the Americans need abandon the importance they attach to America, Christians Christianity, Russians Russia, Muslims Islam - not to mention the Turks, Kurds, French - and each individual their self-image, which is ultimately the only way to peace, because when we don't have disparaged identity that divides humanity into imagined sects, we would think of ourselves as being pretty much the same as each other rather than separate entities trying to preserve our over-inflated symbolic paradigms, but it isn't going to happen, because people believe these symbolic artifices are real. The reason people get so worked up over it is it's so obvious it's all dreamed up, and because even a precursory glance would reveal its imaginary nature, it's constantly threatened and therefore perpetually reaffirmed. If we acknowledged the truth of this, we'd realise it's a lot of unnecessary suffering over what is in essence no more substantial than unicorns - it's just people give so much importance to unicorns they are identified as that they'd do anything, no matter how atrocious, to preserve that imagined form.

The problem we face is, the solutions to these sorts of travesties require people to be more deeply consciously aware, so when we make mention of 'God', we're speaking word that has become incredibly perverse and disgusting, so I'm steering away from that sort of radical rhetoric, but toward the spiritual dimension of human beings through which we have a sense of truth, the connection through which we have a sense of empathy, and the overarching sense of compassion we need to have toward all living beings. It's only reasonable after all, which is especially obvious when compared to the situation you've mentioned.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

HexHammer wrote:Don't blame God, blame the false scriptures and false prophet that has mislead the masses.
How do you know what scriptures, and prophets are "false". Answer, none of us do. If there's a God then s/he created a world of confusion. God created gullible people. This world has problems only God can fix and s/he ain't doing it.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Gary Childress wrote:It seems difficult to blame Muslims for being incensed over what is happening in Syria.
Do you think it's difficult to blame the world for being incensed over Muslim terrorism?
ken

Post by ken »

Gary Childress wrote:
HexHammer wrote:Don't blame God, blame the false scriptures and false prophet that has mislead the masses.
How do you know what scriptures, and prophets are "false".
Very easy once you know how to. I have learned a way to look at any thing from a completely objective perspective, which shows what is true and what is false, that is how I know what scriptures, and prophets are false.

If you like provide some examples and I will show you which ones are true and which ones are false. But be for warned that you will on most occasions need to change the actual way you are looking at the scripture to be able to understand fully what I will say.

By the way every human being can be and is a prophet, to some extent, and every one of us adults has expressed falsehoods without even knowing they are false. In fact we have actually believed the falsehood to be true, right, and/or correct.
Gary Childress wrote: Answer, none of us do.
Unless you know every one of us, then how are you so sure of this answer?

How do you know none of us know what scriptures are false or not?
Gary Childress wrote: If there's a God then s/he created a world of confusion.
Why do human beings persist with the notion that God is a he or a she? Talk about trying to metamorphos God into a human being like thing. Trying to change the form or nature of God into a human like thing will never ever work.

One example of a false scripture is that God is a he.

One reason God was, and still is maybe, referred to as a "he" is because when the bible was written men were, so wrongly, seen as superior to the women. The image of God is devised within a human brain and the way the brain works it can only "paint a picture" from what it thinks it knows. The human brain can only express what it has been exposed to, which brings us back to the good question of, Why do you (whoever) refer to and picture God the way you do? Is is solely because that is what you have been previously exposed to or because you somehow KNOW what is so accurately right and true?

If human beings ever remotely questioned themselves about what they know what God actually is or is meant to be, the most common answer would be similar to, "I have absolutely no clue or idea at all".
Gary Childress wrote:God created gullible people.
How do you KNOW this?

And,

How did God supposedly do this?

If you can answer both of those questions with a sound, valid argument explaining both of them thoroughly, then I will accept that you do KNOW that God created gullible people. Until then I will just remain open to the fact that you may not actually know this to be true and that you are just assuming and/or believing this to be true, based solely on your own past previous experiences and what you, yourself, have been exposed to. By the way that is not to say it is not true. I am just open to all that you have to say.

Also, let me guess you believe that you, yourself, are not gullible, and that only other people are gullible, am I right?
Gary Childress wrote:This world has problems only God can fix and s/he ain't doing it.
Just maybe human beings prefer to listen to themselves instead of listening to Me, ah I mean God.

To fix any problem the problem has to be exposed.

To Me, a problem, is just a question posed for a solution, which is the answer. To find the answer and solution to any problem is really very easy, once you know how to.

Name some of the problems, in their correct form, that is in a questioned form, then I can answer or fix them for you. But are you really prepared to listen to the answers?

By the way there is only really one problem in life for human beings, that problem is What is the solution that will solve/answer all of our problems? Learning how to discover that answer by yourself is really rather enlightening.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Odd that you should blame 'God' for the mess and misery, unless of course you are using it as a euphemism for 'USA'.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Odd that you should blame 'God' for the mess and misery, unless of course you are using it as a euphemism for 'USA'.
I guarantee the USA is definitely God compared to people from Narniabiznus.
ken

Post by ken »

bobevenson wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:It seems difficult to blame Muslims for being incensed over what is happening in Syria.
Do you think it's difficult to blame the world for being incensed over Muslim terrorism?
Do you think it is really intelligent to call it "muslim terrorism"?

Just because a few people who believe in a God that does not mean that they are behaving in a muslim or peace full manner. If islam means peace and muslim just means follow of islam or peace, then there could not be any such thing as muslim terrorism, which I know is not what some people of some countries and some christian followers really want to hear. But it is the truth.

Do you really think most followers of islam would call these terror acts muslim terrorism?

In fact i think it will be found that only in the less muslim populated countries the group of people who commit these terror acts are referred to as isil or isis or similar. This is done, i admit subconsciously or unconsciously, to separate their good "christian" or "other" religious ways from the religious ways of "islam". Because in more muslim populated countries what is referred to and known as isil or isis is referred to and known as daesh instead. Most followers of islam KNOW that the people who commit terror in the supposed name of islam or Allah certainly are not actually doing that. They know that these people are not being muslim like at all. To be able to kill other human beings, human beings themselves have to TRY TO justify this wrong doing, and one of the best ways to do this is to separate "them" from "us". One way of doing this is by and through using different religions to separate us from them.

Try, for an experiment, calling the groups of people who commit violence in the "name" of islam or Allah daesh instead of muslims, knowing that daesh has certainly nothing whatsoever to do with the people who actually do follow true islam, which is just another name for peace, except that they call God, Allah instead. See if that influences or changes your perception of things.

By the way did you know in those countries where groups of people come from and who commit terror in the "name" of Allah view the countries where groups of people come from who commit terror in the "name" of God actually form the same distrust, dislike, and hatred for the "other"? You do know that american presidents pronounce, "God bless america", and then go about ordering their people to go and blow up and commit terror in other countries, usually followers of islam countries, right?

Committing terror in any shape or form is wrong, no matter who's name is being used to pronounce that they are doing it for.

To put this another way, if the human beings who live in the country called usa believe that it is or was all right to show revenge for say the 9/11 attacks for the killing of "their own" people by attacking and killing human beings in another country, on any other day, then do those same people still believe that it is all right for "others" to show revenge on another day for those attacks and for the killing of "their own" people? Just maybe the 9/11 attack and killings was just the exact same type of revengeful attack and killings for a previous attack and killing, so on, and so on, and so on...

Just some thing to think about.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

ken wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Do you think it is really intelligent to call it "muslim terrorism"?
Not only intelligent, but divinely inspired!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bobevenson wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Odd that you should blame 'God' for the mess and misery, unless of course you are using it as a euphemism for 'USA'.
True, I don't live in a theocracy populated almost entirely with religious nut-jobs.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Gary Childress wrote:
How do you know what scriptures, and prophets are "false". Answer, none of us do. If there's a God then s/he created a world of confusion. God created gullible people. This world has problems only God can fix and s/he ain't doing it.
Each time a speaking snake appears in the scriptures the protagonist begins to act weird.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
True.
Glad you agree.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

I don't entirely disagree, Gary. But we've got to look at what we're doing...or more, what we're NOT doing about what they are doing.

In point of fact, the "Religion of Peace" kills more Muslims than anyone. There's nothing so deadly as being the "wrong" kind of Muslim while living in a country neighbouring the "right" kind...like in Aleppo. But we think that other Muslims are "theirs," so it's not our business. We mostly don't get involved; and if we do, we curl up in a ball and withdraw when some liberal accuses us of "just being after oil."

What about the Yazidis? Oh, yes...they're Christians. We don't care if the Muslims massacre them, apparently. What about the Assyrians? Oh, wait...they're Christians too. Well, we don't care about them either. Why should we? We did nothing for the Armenians, and there was a nice little genocide there, while we sat around and discussed whether or not the Turks were really so bad...

And the Jews? What are they? The West never seems to care when Jews die.

We secular Westerners will just wait, complain a little, and watch. But we won't intervene. And we won't save the people who are suffering the worst...for all the reasons above.

We just expect that the large number of radical Muslims will suddenly convert to agnosticism and start loving us when we meet them. How could they not? We're so secular. Who wouldn't love a liberal secularist? We're such compassionate people! :roll: