Aleppo

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ken

Re: Aleppo

Post by ken »

Gary Childress wrote:Ken, it's not just that I don't know anything about God, it's that NO ONE CAN know anything about God (as far as I can tell).
Each time you say, "NO ONE CAN know anything about God", I will continue to ask you, "HOW do you KNOW this"?

If you can not answer this, then so be it. But by just repeating it does NOT make it true. As I have already explained, just maybe one person does KNOW some thing about God ALREADY, but you have not yet heard that person speak yet. That person could be any where throughout the world and you do NOT yet know of them yet. Your tiny little single life does in know way infer that NO ONE CAN know anything about God. There are billions upon billions of people who CAN know things, but just because you CAN NOT know some thing does NOT mean that ALL of those people can not also know those exact same things.

If you proposed something similar to; "I do not yet know of any person who knows any thing about God", or "I have yet to meet one person who knows anything about God", then I can accept this truth. But for you to insist that NO ONE CAN know anything about God (even if it is as far as you can tell) comes across clear to Me as, but which may be to subliminal for you, that 'you' are God, and that you KNOW what ALL others can or CAN NOT know.

Gary Childress wrote: But here are some questions to you:

1. How do you know anything about God--as in what sources or evidence are you using for whatever information you believe you possess about God?
Considering we have not yet even discussed a definition for what the word 'God' could even mean, how are you defining the word 'God' here?

The sources and evidence I am using I found through Honesty and Openness about my wrong doing, and through a true Willingness to change for the better, not for myself but for others, namely children.

By the way I do NOT believe I posses any thing about anything. I also do NOT disbelieve I posses any thing about any thing. I just stumbled upon an advantage point in which I was able to gain a much better and clearer view of all things like this. This view may be right or it may be wrong, but to Me it just happened to fit in with any and every religion about what a so called supreme being might be or IS like.
Gary Childress wrote:2. Tell me something about God that is true--anything you want.
That is a funny thing to say from a person who is not sure if "God" even exists or not. Although it is not as funny as when that is posed from some one who believes God does not exist at all.

It would be like Me saying to you, "Tell me something about fairies that is true, anything you want", even if I had no proof whatsoever that they existed or not.

I think a much better proposition would be to ask some thing similar to, "What does 'God' mean to you"?

The truth is how do we, or you, even know if God is true or not if we have not even discussed this point yet?
Gary Childress wrote:3. Can you give an example of a "true" scripture and one example of a "false" scripture and give whatever evidence you possess that demonstrates the truth and/or falsity of those scriptures?
This is what I wrote to you in my first post, in this thread, in response to your question;
"How do you know what scriptures, and prophets are "false".

I wrote;
"Very easy once you know how to. I have learned a way to look at any thing from a completely objective perspective, which shows what is true and what is false, that is how I know what scriptures, and prophets are false.

If you like provide some examples and I will show you which ones are true and which ones are false. But be for warned that you will on most occasions need to change the actual way you are looking at the scripture to be able to understand fully what I will say. "

I STILL THINK this is the best way to proceed.
Gary Childress wrote:4. Can you give an example of a "true" prophet and a "false" prophet and why you think they are a true or false prophet?
This is exactly what I wrote, with those last two sentences, in my first response to you here;
"By the way every human being can be and is a prophet, to some extent, and every one of us adults has expressed falsehoods without even knowing they are false. In fact we have actually believed the falsehood to be true, right, and/or correct."

So, EVERY human being can be and IS a prophet, which includes all those human beings called and/or known as "prophets".

Why I think ALL adult human beings express truths and falsehoods IS because of the cumulative effect of ALL of their past experiences.

WHY do you personally think YOU tell truths and falsehoods?
Gary Childress wrote:Regarding my apology, it had nothing to do with your response to bobevanson.
Okay no worries, thanks for the honesty.